• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Fire type starter?

Best Fire type starter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Archaic

rawr!
Which is best?

1. Anime

2. In-game

3. Personal preference

And why?

;006;

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

We don't really need to put our choice for in-game, anime, and personal preference. They would usually all be the same.

Anyway, Charizard, it can Air Slash the hell out of Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar. Though Typhlosion could be an annoyance to it.

I actually like Cyndaquil of out of all the fire starters, it was the first fire starer being based on a mammal and when Ash caught his Cyndaquil, it wasn't another abandoned fire starter he owned (despite it was about to be caught by an abusive trainer). Other than that, Quilava's my favorite out of the Cyndaquil line and one of my favorite mid-stage starter evoltions.:)

Last edited:

3D992

The Living Hologram
I love them all but if I had to choose I would say Charmeleon-Charizard.

I only just got back into Pokemon so my favorite in-game is prob not that good.

1. Anime: Charizard(Does it need an explanation? I'm a 90s kid)

2. In-game: Infernape, Been having a lot of fun with him, U-turn is fun

3. Personal preference: Charizard

Ohitsdylan

My favorite is Blaziken. ( :
It has been my favorite ever since I bought Sapphire back when it first came out and It has gotten monsterously more powerful in the 5th gen so that's a plus.

Last edited:

RedTroopa

Flame Trainer
I've always liked Typhlosion, although in a fight against other fire starters, it'd have trouble as most Typhlosion sets don't hit Charizard with neutral damage, and all of the other starters have a secondary STAB to use, I still love it though no matter what

Larry

Charizard is the best in-game because anything that isn't in the first generation can't compare.

gamer_legend

In the Anime - Chimchar it was probably had the most character development for the series which it was constantly trying to do better.
In the Game - Typhlosion the only pure fire starter I.E: The only TRUE fire starter.
Personal Preference - Charizard he looks like he could rip tanks apart.

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
Sh. Charmander and normal Charmander all the way! Especally the cloned formes!

boyerboy

Feel the...BANG!
Hmmm.... Anime, Charizard! In game its either Charizard or Infernape! Infernape for attack and speed! My favorite (sorry charizard :p) Infernape!

zozo

SLIMED!
In-game, it's Blaziken with Emboar in a close second! ^^

The reason is simple. They're both powerful, beautifully designed pokemon!

Though I'm probably in the minority with that opinion. :p

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
1. Anime: Charizard, judging by the performance of Ash's Pokémon of this species in battle, which seems to be a lot more impressive than what I have seen from any other Fire-type starter Pokémon.

2. In-game: I'd say Blaziken, due to its Speed Boost Ability combined with its incredibly powerful Flare Blitz and Hi Jump Kick attacks combined with its Shadow Claw and Stone Edge for coverage, with such moves being even possibly boosted greatly in power by Swords Dance.

3. Personal preference: Charizard, due to its draconic and overall extremely awesome appearance, its ability to learn many moves of the Dragon type, my favorite of the seventeen Pokémon types, as well as the various cool abilities it can utilize in battle throughout the history of the Pokémon series; such as it being one of the most dangerous Pokémon ever in Generation II due to its access to Belly Drum combined with its high Speed and inability to be countered by Skarmory; its ability to use Fissure in Generation II, one of the coolest moves ever especially in that generation; and finally its ability to fire off absurdly powerful attacks in the Sun in Generation V, thanks to its Solar Power Ability as well as the natural boost in power that the sunlight grants to Fire-type moves. I also find the fighting style of Ash's Charizard, as well as many of the moves it can perform in the Animé, such as the Animé version of Seismic Toss as well as its other related moves such as Aerial Submission to be extremely cool.