• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best First Gym Battle/Equivalent? (JP VERSION SPOILERS)

Which did you think was the best

• Ash vs Brock

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Ash vs Falkner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ash vs Roxanne

• Ash vs Roark

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Ash vs Chili/Cress/Cilan

• Ash vs Viola

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Ash vs Totem Gumshoos

• Ash vs Visquez

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
For Journeys, I think I'll do it with the battles that seem the most major in the PWC, and for SM, I'll have Ash vs Gumshoos, Ash vs Lurantis, and Ash vs Mimikyu as the equivalents for 1st, 3rd, and 5th gyms, and I'll skip the 7th. Won't be counting the first 2 orange gyms, Ash vs Rudy will be as the 6th gym, and Ash vs Luana will be as the 8th.

In the case there was a rematch, please state which battle you're referrring to (or if you're referring to both as a whole). Same for Ash vs the Striaton trio

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Ash vs Roark imo.. VS Viola in a second close. Brock battle was fine. Falkner was decent and Roxanne was just meh and the one with Cilan and his brothers sucked hard.
So I'd go with:
Roark
Viola
Falkner
Roxanne
Brock
Cilan and co.
Totem Gumshoos.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ash vs Roark imo.. VS Viola in a second close. Brock battle was fine. Falkner was decent and Roxanne was just meh and the one with Cilan and his brothers sucked hard.
So I'd go with:
Roark
Viola
Falkner
Roxanne
Brock
Cilan and co.
Totem Gumshoos.
What about Visquez?

Leonhart

Imagineer
It's hard to pick between Satoshi versus Hyouta and Satoshi versus Viola since I loved both Gym battles, but I'm going with Satoshi versus Viola. I consider both their first battle and their rematch to be excellent, but I liked their first battle slightly more because Pikachu lost to Ametama and Satoshi had to use Yayakoma to beat it, which was unexpected and refreshing.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ash vs Roark takes the cake.

Viola was just embarassing. Pikachu taken out like a chump by a freaking Surskit :rolleyes:

k6666

Pikachu Fan
ash vs Visquez
ash vs Roark

SerenaRulez

Roark vs Ash was great both when Ash lost and when he won in the rematch. I also liked Falkner vs Ash because we got to see another Pidgeot battle and also Dodrio's 1st real battle in the entire show. :)