• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best/Funniest Moments Playing Pokemon

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
What are the best, most memorable moments you've had while playing Pokemon? It could be one that frustrated you (yet could have been humorous in some way, such as irony; like a moment when you think that nothing can screw up your victory over a Champion or Boss, and then they get a critical hit), it could be one that was simply awesome, or it could be one that was just humorous. Put down any occurrence that you find memorable.

Here's an example of one of mine; playing Gold Version when I was a lot younger:

I was in Azalea Town, and I had begun my match with Bugsy.

Game Boy: BUGSY sent out METAPOD!

Me: *orders Croconaw to use Water Gun, and it attacks*

Game Boy: METAPOD used HARDEN!

Me: Okay...

Game Boy: METAPOD used STRING SHOT!

Me: o_O

whiterose

Banned
I beat falkners flying/normal birds with my little gastly who knew only ghost type moves. That was a proud moment for me. And then later when my gastly had evolved into Gengar, I beat the entire pokemon league with just him.

[IMG139]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/457/challenge.jpg[/IMG139]

Zachmac

My first shiny. I didn't even know what a shiny was at the time, but it was a ponyta with blue flames. I had never seen one before, and it just looked great, so I caught it anyway. Too bad I migrated it to platinum. I lost it a few years later, only a couple days after I caught a shiny budew. :(
I beat falkners flying/normal birds with my little gastly who knew only ghost type moves. That was a proud moment for me. And then later when my gastly had evolved into Gengar, I beat the entire pokemon league with just him.
I'm not doubting this, but could you give me details on the battle?

Last edited:

whiterose

Banned
I'm not doubting this, but could you give me details on the battle?

Sure thing ^_^ I lost the first battle against falkner, but the second time around I leveled up my gastly until he learned curse, and after that I wiped out all his birds. Cept I had to heal my gastly every time he used it, so it cost me a few potions.

Oh, right and the Pokemon league. The first 3 were easy as pie. But the dark leader was a bit more difficult. Luckily Gengars are super fast, and I taught him rock smash, so with the help of a couple x defends I beat her too. Lance took me 3 tries, but eventually I got him too with a couple critical hits. And a lot of hyper potions.

Last edited:

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
The incredibly awe-inspiring experience more than ten years ago, of seeing Lance's Dragonite in Pokémon Red surviving a hit from my Mewtwo's Psychic, before taking it down in a single critical hit Hyper Beam, despite Mewtwo's status as the ultimate Pokémon back then, the fact that my Mewtwo was at almost full health, as well as the fact that my Mewtwo was at least nine levels above Lance's Dragonite. Seeing this happening was a large part of what earned Lance and Dragonite their positions as my most favorite character in the series and my most favorite Pokémon ever respectively, and they both hold their positions even up to this day.

scythertwins

me LOPUNNY GO
LOPUNNY:RBBRYY
wi-fi guy: go gothita
me:come on -.-
guy:use confusion
me:lopunny use dizzy punch
then gothita fainted
then me go gyrados (shiny)
guy: go charizard
me:gyrados use hydro pump
guy: wi-fi guy ran out of pokemon
me: none of my pokemon took damage o_o
lol that was REALLY funny

Rotomknight

THE GREATEST TRAINER
Recently I was playing pokemon leafgreen. I was hunting for a abra. Then boom! shiny bellsprout.
Or in my firered i was in the safari zone. I saw an eggxecute siloette. I was like ugh... Ding-ding-ding! Shiny! Me not knowing what a shiny was. I threw a pookeball. eggxecute ran away. Me: Oh well I will see the golden eggxecute again. Never did.

Larry

Possibly one of my best in-game wins ever.
Misdreavus vs Fantina's Mismagius
My Misdreavus is underlevelled and still takes a super effective move from Mismagius. Then I use Astonish and get a HUGE crit and KO it.

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
Neglecting to use Reshiram against N and instead using a Seismitoad to take down both Ghetsis' and N's teams. Gotta love Poison Jab+Poison Touch combo

No, better yet, watching people run in fear as I send my compund eyes + sleep powder + bug buzz butterfree on random matchup, I can't tell you how mant connections have been lost!

Last edited:
This was on Pokemon Gale of Darkness XD.
My Articuno used ice beam (i think it was) on my brother's Moltres. Moltres got frozen and its fire on its head was gone, it was bald. xD

Truly Deceptive

...I was just playing Pokemon Black in the battle against N and I just realized when I ordered Reshiram to use Dragonbreath on the Zekrom that it looks like it's coming from its c*ck...

Truly Deceptive

Oh my G0D I was just playing it to try and capture it again and even when it's the opponent the beam comes from its p3n1s.

Missingno.Fan

Probably the time in Pearl when I beat Byron because his Bastiodon knocked itself out with Struggle. My Luxray (who was my last Pokemon) only had a couple hit points left.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
A funny moment that happened in Opelucid Gym against a Veteran during my grass monotype challenge.My Pansage against his Fraxure.My Pansage was down to 43 HP after the previous battle.Fraxure used Dragon Dance,Pansage used Dig.Little damage to it.Now,that Fraxure is faster,it used Dragon Rage 40 HP deducted so i am left with 3 HP.I used Dig and again little damage.Fraxure used False Swipe now i am down to 1 HP I used Dig again.and then it kept on using False Swipe(even though it had used Dragon Rage just once) until my 8th Dig took him.Useless AI.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I was doing an online battle and I won with just a single Pokemon with no damage. Now that's a rare case for me.

nandamaung

I caught my first shiny Pokemon in Gold and it was a shiny Metapod. Evolved it into a Butterfree which looked so amazing. Then found another shiny Pidgey five days later but I ran out of POkeballs!!!! It was just a level 5 and I found it in front of Mr. Pokemon's house. Since then, I haven't seen any shiny pokemon in any of the versions I played.