• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Game of Second Generation?

Which is the best second generation game?

• Gold

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • Silver

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Crystal

Votes: 72 66.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manchee

extra toasty
I would say Crystal just because I never had Gold or Silver, plus I just loved the game. It was also the third in the series of G/S/C, and I have always thought they (like Emerald and Platinum) were better.

//BA\\

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Gold. It was the only copy of the three that I have, although my brother had Silver. I'm actually hunting a used copy of Crystal right now.

Lemonade

Crystal. Besides the fact that it's the first game where you can play as a girl, you can get both of the signature legendaries from G/S which makes it my favorite game of Gen II.

SuicuneKun

Silver because it's the one a got. But I did had Gold first but for some reason me and my brother switch games so I have Silver now
But I like the Pokemon sprites in Silver more

Ellehero

redemption
i'd have to say Crystal.
I mean, i never played GOLD, but i have Silver & crystal.
Silver is great, but Crystal had more, and Animation!
So My votes for Crystal =]

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Theres only 3 GAMES in the 2nd GEN!!!!!!

But, if you really had to chose.......

SILVER

crystalclare

soulsilver<3
I had both silver and crystal, but i definitely liked silver so much more. it just seemed... I don't know, magical or something to me. I think it was mostly because of Lugia. also, I never really liked the fact that pokemon decided to give Suicune all the credit, 'specially because I liked Entei best :p

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Well, Gold and Silver are pretty much the same except for the version-exclusive Pokemon, and I've never played Crystal, so I like both Gold and Silver.

toq

Silver was the first 2nd gen game I got, and the early moments (up to Goldenrod) are extremely nostalgic for me, but there's something about crystal that makes it, in a word, epic. I'll go with crystal.

Auberon TheFae

Nature's Breath
Crystal was the best by far, I just loved the concept of the Pokemon sprites moving when you meet them in battle. In cyrstal any mistakes made in GS was fixed as well.

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
Crystal, definitely, because it had better graphics and it had animation. I also liked the new movesets. It's a shame that they took all the Mareep out of the game, though....

Feraligatr001

Silver Trainer
I'd have to go with Silver (and Gold too). This is because they started the 2nd generation (and MIGHT have remakes). So technically Gold/Silver would/will be in the future, better than Crystal.

My favorite was Silver too> The sprites were awesome and there's a confirmed remake. Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver. REJOICE!! Our prayers have been answered!!

Fire Type King

Leave luck to Heaven
Silver, all the way!

Silver
because I got both Gold and silver at the same time,[gave gold 2 my bro] but chose silver because I liked the pokemon on the front (that i recognised when I was a kid from the movie). I could never quite get into my brothers` version of gold when I tried to help him and crystal wasn't worth buying just to see some animated pokemon...

LugiaRox

Flaming Donkeys
i like silver the best as it was my first pokemon game and you get lugia and the 3 ledgendary dogs but if you want ho-oh it can be caught after you recieve an item from an old man in pewter city.

nobodys_angel

One more time! ^.^
I liked Crystal because there was so much to do, and because I could play as a female trainer...except I never really liked that plotline with the unknown.

...however, I voted for Gold, just because. Ho-Oh always was my favourite legendary. It was my first game, which is as good a reason as any :)

Handsome

James: Falcon...
I liked Crystal best because there was animations and you could play as a girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.