• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best game on the Wii?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I'll have to go with Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and Super Smash Bros Brawl, although I like Skyward Sword a little bit more than Brawl

BGP_

I'll have to go with Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and Super Smash Bros Brawl, although I like Skyward Sword a little bit more than Brawl
Those 3 are probably my favorites too, though i'd probably say skyward sword over twilight princess, and i'd have a tough time choosing between Brawl and Skyward Sword

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Obviously Xenoblade. Brawl/Galaxy/etc. are really fun and addictive, but they have nowhere near the depth of Xenoblade. Xenoblade is the best JRPG of the generation (I have a feeling that Versus XIII would have been better, but Square Enix screwed that one up).
I can't be the only one that thinks Xenoblade is a WRPG with anime people.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
To me, the best game on the Wii is THE LEGEND OF ZELDA Skyward Sword. You're all definitely going to like Demon Lord Ghirahim. ;-)

Yeah, over all, this was my favorite game...and Ghirahim...we need more villians that are like him instead of Bowser, although Ghirahim freaked me out on many occassion

ilovedeino

Deino Master
My favorites are Mario Kart Wii, SSBB, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and the Mario Galaxys.
I haven't played Xenoblade but I was looking into trying it. Is it good?

Yeah, over all, this was my favorite game...and Ghirahim...we need more villians that are like him instead of Bowser, although Ghirahim freaked me out on many occassion

My thoughts exactly. What characterized Ghirahim the most was the fact that he was well written from the beginning. I don't remember who said that their goal was to create a different type of villain with Ghirahim. It's a shame we may not see more of Ghirahim. :[

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Also, does anyone else say Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and not Super Smash Brothers Brawl?

I tend to hear 'brothers' a lot on the YT and other parts of the internet. Hell, a lot of people even type up brothers instead of bros. Weird unlazy people making their fingers work more.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
My thoughts exactly. What characterized Ghirahim the most was the fact that he was well written from the beginning. I don't remember who said that their goal was to create a different type of villain with Ghirahim. It's a shame we may not see more of Ghirahim. :[

Hopefully we'll see more villians like him in the future Zelda games though : D I mean, part of the fun was watching Link's reactions to him

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I agree 100%. Which is why I find it irritating when people say it is a must buy JRPG. Nothing that I enjoy about JRPG's are in the games mechanics. It's saying I should buy Mariokart because I enjoy Forza Motorsport.

True this. I'm not saying it's a bad game but it really shouldn't be called the best JRPG of this gen. I mean, with beautiful games like Eternal Sonata and Vesperia i'm actually wondering if people played any other JRPG this gen. Xenoblade feels like a 3rd-person Skyrim and after playing the Tales games of this gen the battle system feels lacking. The shitty dialog in battle doesn't help either. Hell, it's not even the best JRPG on the Wii, The Last Story is.

Blitz Lucario

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, because it uses most of the Wii's features to there best potential. And combining that with the great story the game has it was great to go on another adventure with Link.

Torpoleon

Skyward Sword. Great use of motion controls and it just seemed like a fantastic game. I did really enjoy Galaxy 2, Brawl & New Super Mario Bros. Wii though.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Brawl was the ONLY good game the Wii had. Well, aside from Fire Emblem: RD.

The Wii had lots of good games, you just need to play more game.

True this. I'm not saying it's a bad game but it really shouldn't be called the best JRPG of this gen. I mean, with beautiful games like Eternal Sonata and Vesperia i'm actually wondering if people played any other JRPG this gen. Xenoblade feels like a 3rd-person Skyrim and after playing the Tales games of this gen the battle system feels lacking. The shitty dialog in battle doesn't help either. Hell, it's not even the best JRPG on the Wii, The Last Story is.

Xenoblade was made by Monolith Soft who is a Japanese developer, thus making it a JRPG.

Also it is nothing like a WRPG it just take some element from it.

Last edited:

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
I can't be the only one that thinks Xenoblade is a WRPG with anime people.

Anime people? Then where's their ridiculous hair?

As far as actually using the Wii's unique features (thus excluding Xenoblade and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, among others), the best is definitely Skyward Sword. All the others, like DK Country Returns, Metroid Prime: Trilogy, and Kirby's Epic Yarn, could have been replicated on a Hi-Def console without motion controls with little to no complaint. Skyward Sword is the ultimate example of the motion controls utilized with the Wii Motion Plus, the Wii's optimal motion control method.

Of course, we're not judging solely on the Wii's niche, but y'know, food for thought.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Anime people? Then where's their ridiculous hair?

As far as actually using the Wii's unique features (thus excluding Xenoblade and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, among others), the best is definitely Skyward Sword. All the others, like DK Country Returns, Metroid Prime: Trilogy, and Kirby's Epic Yarn, could have been replicated on a Hi-Def console without motion controls with little to no complaint. Skyward Sword is the ultimate example of the motion controls utilized with the Wii Motion Plus, the Wii's optimal motion control method.

Of course, we're not judging solely on the Wii's niche, but y'know, food for thought.

I could go on to say that even though games' like Metroid Prime: Trilogy didn't use the motion controls to their full potential, they were a hell of a lot more accurate than Skyward Sword's.

sceptile33

My favorites are Mario Kart Wii, SSBB, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and the Mario Galaxys.
I haven't played Xenoblade but I was looking into trying it. Is it good?

It's not good. It's amazing. I was kinda skeptical to get it at first because I'm not a big RPG gamer, but it exceeded my expectations. I definitely recommend it.

Serebii!

The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
I also liked Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii