• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Gaming Series ever.

What is the best of the really popular gaming series

• Total voters

Valoc Darkmyre

Steel Type Hunter
I am not sure Castlevania was ever more popular than those 10 series, but if it was than, it surely is not now. In the last 5 years, I feel Castlevania has lost 10% of its rabid fans, easy.
I never said Castlevania was popular, but I was just going by that the name of the topic has "Best Gaming Series" in the title, not "Most Popular Gaming Series". But, it's your poll; put what you want in it.

No one seems to complain that I had Metal Gear Solid, not Metal Gear series up there, why the whole Mario Kart backlash. Mario Kart, Mario Sports, Mario Party, and more or less, Mario RPG's, are all seperate series from Super Mario. Each of which having more more than 3 instalments, and each varying greatly from the Super Mario formula. It is my opinion that putting Mario Kart with Mario is a great injustice to both franchises, clearly some disagree, and are entitled to do so, I just personally see them as completely separate entities.
Meh, I guess it's not that bad to have two different Mario series in the poll. It could've been worse; you could've easily filled half the poll with Mario spinoffs if it wasn't for "Best Gaming Series". XD

Pikawho?

(five15)
Although I love pokemon and Mario games alot, my absolute favorite series is Legend of Zelda.

I never said Castlevania was popular, but I was just going by that the name of the topic has "Best Gaming Series" in the title, not "Most Popular Gaming Series". But, it's your poll; put what you want in it.

Meh, I guess it's not that bad to have two different Mario series in the poll. It could've been worse; you could've easily filled half the poll with Mario spinoffs if it wasn't for "Best Gaming Series". XD

The name of the poll is "best gaming series of the really popular series" The Poll has NOTHING to do with this topic though. The answers to the topic should be found in ones post. That is where they say what the best series ever is. And Castlevania would surely belong in the list below.

Votes
Legend of Zelda 2
Fire Emblem 1
Pokemon 4
Final Fantasy 1
Metal Gear Solid 1
Dragon Quest 1

Beautiful Dirt

Moon Master
I just now noticed this...but it's odd that halo isnt on this list. Halo is insanely popular, albeit overrated. Also, someone on the first page mentioned how Megaman was left out. *shakes head* I'm not really sure how popular it is anymore, seeing as how some of the new games suck, but its definitely been around for a very long time and has many loyal fans.

And i agree with azurill about Kingdom Hearts. Good series...but i dont find KH2 to be as awe-inspiring as the first one, and i never played Chain of Memories simply because the whole card thing turned me off.

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
Ack, I can't decide! Pokemon, Mario, Sonic, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Fire Emblem.....I just can't pick! D:

Nintendo_6444

Tails the Bouyzel
I only like Pokemon in that poll... T_T

And if you have a Poll up there... Why are you Tallying one in your posts....???

~~;444; =\

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
Hmm, Halo would be one of my choices but obviously I would choose the Rayman series. Those series are what got me to enjoy playing games.

ashes

*dances*
Final Fantasy all the way. Awsome storyline, graphics, characters, battle setup, and all around an awsome game! With lots of secret stuff, cheats, and all!

Valoc Darkmyre

Steel Type Hunter
The name of the poll is "best gaming series of the really popular series" The Poll has NOTHING to do with this topic though. The answers to the topic should be found in ones post. That is where they say what the best series ever is.
Okay, my bad. I'll vote for Castlevania for the best series not on the poll, then.

Mikau

Better then you
Out of all the series.... let me think about this....... ah, I got it. Mario, I grew up with this guy, and I still love his games. Be they sport or paper they're still cool.

Beautiful Dirt

Moon Master
Final Fantasy all the way. Awsome storyline, graphics, characters, battle setup, and all around an awsome game! With lots of secret stuff, cheats, and all!

Does that mean you've only played one Final Fantasy? And FF games NEVER have cheats o_O Unless of course you're a total loser and play them with a gameshark.

UberSorcerer

6=7 basicaly, 1=9 with advancements, the stories are seperated into crystals and empire . 4,5,6,7,8,9 are basicaly the same run of the mill real time battle, 1,2,3,10 are together. The characters are very stereotyped. And there are much more than 1 FF.. and I am now agreeing with Franky40, none are that great, excepts I do like 1,4,6 and 8 on the PS1.

If it were for one game in a series, I'd say Shadow Hearts/Covenent, a story spanning two games that is decent, 3 discs, quite dark, much better than FF, Tales and Golden Sun, such a shame it was ruined with SH: A New World.

For qualaty spanning a large series, I'd say Zelda and Tales, with FF running up far behind. I would say DQ, but I hate emulators and I wish to play it on the TV. Also woth a mention are the 2D Sonics.

emeraldsalamance

GOMU GOMU NO!!!!!
Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thunder Giant

Forza Rossoneri!
since i reaaly really like RPGs, i found it horribly difficult to choose between pokemon and Final Fantasy. but since i have played pokemon for quite some time, but haven't played one final fantasy game (but i will play one... soon...), i decided to choose.......

POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!