• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Gaming Series ever.

What is the best of the really popular gaming series

• Total voters

DJ-Will

Twilight of Aquarius
Of those choices, Metroid. Otherwise, it's Megaman. Sure, they don't change much gameplay-wise from game to game, but the settings, characters, and storyline differ enough for it to be good enough for me. The characters are wonderful and well-designed, plus I like the idea of continuously plunging deeper into the future, starting with Classic, then X, then Zero, and ZX.

since i reaaly really like RPGs, i found it horribly difficult to choose between pokemon and Final Fantasy. but since i have played pokemon for quite some time, but haven't played one final fantasy game (but i will play one... soon...), i decided to choose.......

POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S basically, you were going to choose a series you were have never played a single game of as the best series ever? What kind of logic is that?

woot21

super noob
Legend of Zelda all the way. Who here can claim that one game got them into playing single player console games? I can, and it was OoT. Throw in ALttP, LA, TP, etc., and discount the CD-i games, and can you think of any other series that has had every main game in it truly be good, and have so many games, and for such a long period of time? And don't say WW wasn't good, because it was, even if you didn't like "Cel-da" as it has been called.

Second place for would be Mario Kart, gotta love that series, especially the glitch on 150cc Mushroom Cup in Super Mario Kart if they miss the jump on the first lap they keep missing it.

woot21 out dawgs

WarthogDemon

<-- La Foam
Pokemon. Since that's the only thing out of those options that I've tried. ^^;

UberSorcerer

1=9? Other than the fact that they feature crystals (which most of the FFs do...), they are nothing alike.

Garnet is Sarah, princess of the first city, Garland, Crystal Fiends, the homages realy make it feel as if you are playing a massively updated 1. 3 also could be put in this, great games 1 and 9 are though.

Garnet is Sarah, princess of the first city, Garland, Crystal Fiends, the homages realy make it feel as if you are playing a massively updated 1. 3 also could be put in this, great games 1 and 9 are though.

Sarah didn't do ****, and FF9 actually had a story and characters.

1, 3, 4, 5, and 9 all had crystals in them.

Prime Wolf

I got a Wii!
Out of the ones listed on the poll, Metroid.

Best game ever made GTA Series.

UberSorcerer

Sarah didn't do ****, and FF9 actually had a good story and good characters.

1, 3, 4, 5, and 9 all had crystals in them.

Fixed ^^

But you have to admit, with all usage of certain story points and systems, all the FFs seem like the same game but alt universe or retelling with mods... which is most likely the purpose, but that is fairly bad story telling. Meh, I guess it's a case of Quantity > Quality. I realy cannot think of an FF, 3 and onwards, that has not borrowed heavily from 1,2 and Tactics in some way shape or form.

The Puppet Master

BOOM! HEADSHOT!
I had trouble deciding between Zelda and Final Fantasy, but in the end I picked Final Fantasy.

Zelda and FF are both really tough to decide...but I'm more of a loyal Zelda fan, and I'm a true blue Nintendo fanatic, so LoZ got my vote.

~fuzzy out~

Cruxis

Banned
Zelda. Closley followed by Sonic for me. Metroid comes close as well.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Oh **** you make it so hard, and where the hell is Sonic the Hedgehog? >_>;

I like Pokémon, Zelda, Mario, Sonic, and Mario Kart...

~Scott;229;

UberSorcerer

Wrong, they are both very overrated series that get far too much praise (as seen in this very thread).

And this is why I love reading your postes, nothing but the cold hard, sometimes brutal, truth. Sure you aren't Simon Cowell?

Shadow Hearts one is Underrated imo.