• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Gaming Series ever.

What is the best of the really popular gaming series

• Total voters

Seiryu

Resident dragon
And this is why I love reading your postes, nothing but the cold hard, sometimes brutal, truth. Sure you aren't Simon Cowell?

Shadow Hearts one is Underrated imo.

Just SH1? The entire damn series is underrated, as I'm one of the only people I know who actually knows about it. It's gotten far less praise than it deserves. It's far more unique--especially as far as characters go--than most things on this list. I mean, in how many other games do you
help a giant alcoholic cat break Al Capone himself out of Alcatraz Prison?
Oh, and the Judgment Ring system owns your soul. So yeah, Shadow Hearts gets my vote.

EeveePower

Umbreon 4 President
Mmmm, I'd say its a pretty hard choice between FF & Zelda lines concidering both had some bad games aswell.I said Zelda because i think i started over a lot more on zelda games then i did on FF so overall i enjoyed zelda longer altho both are amazing :)

Final fantasy is overrated indeed, about 5 succesfull games with proper gameplay and storyline out of 12/13 games they made.

Zelda is probably one of the games where most gamers look forward to, i even bought a wii just for zelda recently :)

Pokemon is good altho its highly overrated as most of the games are pretty much the same except for the names :)

UberSorcerer

Just SH1? The entire damn series is underrated, as I'm one of the only people I know who actually knows about it. It's gotten far less praise than it deserves. It's far more unique--especially as far as characters go--than most things on this list. I mean, in how many other games do you
help a giant alcoholic cat break Al Capone himself out of Alcatraz Prison?
Oh, and the Judgment Ring system owns your soul. So yeah, Shadow Hearts gets my vote.
Yes, just one, 2 lost a lot of the dark feel and from what I have read, 3 lost it completely. Still want to play 3, doubt it'll become PAL though, because hardly any fans will get off their tooshies and send an email to Midway, the PAL destributers. Wish 3 had Yuri though. I realy like him as a character, funnily enough, Eric Stuert did him well in a not "Aren't you Brock from Pokemon?" way.

Votes
Legend of Zelda 8
Fire Emblem 1
Pokemon 7
Final Fantasy 4
Metal Gear Solid 1
Dragon Quest 1
Sonic the Hedgehog 1
Rayman 1
Catlevania 1
Mario 2
Total War 1
Spyro 1
Kingdom Hearts 1
Megaman 1
Grand Theft Auto 1
Metroid 1
Shadow Hearts 1

So, after some time, it finally is starting to take a definate shape.

The most popular is Zelda, followed by Pokemon (taken with a grain of salt, as this is a Pokemon site) than Final Fantasy.

1 The Legend of Zelda 8
2 The Pokemon Series 7
3 Final Fantasy 4
4 Mario 2
5 Rayman, Shadow Hearts, Grand Theft Auto, Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, Sonic the Hedgehog, Metal Gear Solid, Total War, Castlevania, Spyro, Kingdom Hearts, Megaman, Metroid 1
A couple surprises. 1 That anyone would assosiate GTA with the best series ever, 2 that Doom did not get a vote in the poll, or in the posts, and 3 that MGS, Sonic, KH, Metroid, and Megaman only got one vote a piece.

Koriinku

Shinx <3
I'd have to pick the Resident Evil series, cause horror/survival games really get the thing going in you. I had to choose MGS series too cause I like it.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I'll try my best....

Pokemon, to be honest, is my favorite series. I love the monster aspect of it, but I admit it isn't the best series.

I've never played a RE or Doom game (and don't plan on to) so that is null.

The Final Fantasy Seven fanboys have basically ruined that for me.

So, I'll be an *** and go with Mario (I consider Mario Kart a Mario game, btw)

I'd have to pick the Resident Evil series, cause horror/survival games really get the thing going in you. I had to choose MGS series too cause I like it.

I was wondering how long till Resident Evil would finally get a vote.

1 The Legend of Zelda 8
2 The Pokemon Series 7
3 Final Fantasy 4
4 Mario 3
5 Rayman, Shadow Hearts, Grand Theft Auto, Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, Sonic the Hedgehog, Metal Gear Solid, Total War, Castlevania, Spyro, Kingdom Hearts, Megaman, Metroid 1, Resident Evil.

RBTransformed

ev trainer
Legend of Zelda takes my vote

Pokemon is second...

Mew King

It's black magic!
I'd say Mario since every Mario game still outsells every other game. I'm just going by pure profits. I mean Mario is the number 1 most selling series followed by Pokemon (and then I believe FF)

woot21

super noob
1 The Legend of Zelda 8
2 The Pokemon Series 7
3 Final Fantasy 4
4 Mario 3
5 Rayman, Shadow Hearts, Grand Theft Auto, Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, Sonic the Hedgehog, Metal Gear Solid, Total War, Castlevania, Spyro, Kingdom Hearts, Megaman, Metroid 1, Resident Evil.

Not surprised by this at all, Pokemon is high since this is a Pokemon forum, and Zelda is first because the series has continuosly (yes I know my spelling sucks) had good to great games, and I figured Mario and Final Fantasy would be flipped. I have played most of the FF games, and I must point out that Square Enix had to be high when designing the FFII experince system.

A lot of these series are great IMO, but there are some, such as GTA, that shouldn't be considered good even. I have played GTA before, the only good thing about it is you can kill people with some fun weapons, even that gets boring quick. So why do so many people love? My belief is that since the people in power complain about it so it must be cool, reverse psychology, just like when your parents told you couldn't have the cookies, so you just wanted them more.

Not surprised by this at all, Pokemon is high since this is a Pokemon forum, and Zelda is first because the series has continuosly (yes I know my spelling sucks) had good to great games, and I figured Mario and Final Fantasy would be flipped. I have played most of the FF games, and I must point out that Square Enix had to be high when designing the FFII experince system.

The FFII ExpSystem OWNS YOUR SOUL and you know it, once you get ahold of it its as easy as the standard EXP System.

Calling the best series of all time is a tough call. There are series I've only played one or two instalments of (Tales of..., Castlevania) but those that I have played are great, Others I've played (GTA) were garbage to my tastes. Scince I have to pick, I think I'm gonna roll to Final Fantasy. I've loved all the ones I've played, but If I'm gonna go on that I need the "All of the Above" Option <<

Well, it's obvious Pokemon would be high because, well, this is a pokemon forum, Zelda is first because that is a Nintendo franchise, so I'll go with the next one, Final Fantasy. FFIII is a pretty solid game ImHO and FF:RW looks really good. I'm surprised we haven't seen fanboys here. (sarcasm)

Prime Wolf

I got a Wii!
1 That anyone would assosiate GTA with the best series ever

Whys that weird? Is one of the best series, each game has a huge map with all different charcters, all different story lines, all different things for you to do, whats so bad?

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
1. Prophecy of the Horned Children (ICO and Shadow of the Colossus)
2. The Legend of Zelda
3. Castlevania
4. Final Fantasy
5. Fire Emblem

In my strange little opinion, of course. Super Mario Bros., Tales, Mega Man (X) and Pokémon receive honorific mentions.

Jade the Necromancer

IMO, Zelda. My second and third choices aren't on there, with Mario in 4th and Final Fantasy in 5th.

And FFIII(DS) is the worst Final Fantasy I've played (don't want it getting mixed up with the awesome FFVI).

Everything about Final Fantasy II was horrible, including the ExpSystem.

I loved the ExpSystem about FFII. The only thing I didn't like about it was how boring the talking portions were. But, all in all, FFII was one of the more disapointing Final Fantasy