• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Gaming Series ever.

What is the best of the really popular gaming series

• Total voters
Kingdom Hearts. I don't play any other games in that poll besides Poke. But when was the last time I played poke? Oh yeah. Last last winter break.

1 The Legend of Zelda 10
2 The Pokemon Series 7
3 Final Fantasy 6
4 Mario 4
5 Kingdom Hearts 2
6 Rayman, Shadow Hearts, Grand Theft Auto, Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, Sonic the Hedgehog, Metal Gear Solid, Total War, Castlevania, Spyro, Megaman, Metroid, Resident Evil 1.

Whys that weird? Is one of the best series, each game has a huge map with all different charcters, all different story lines, all different things for you to do, whats so bad?

Where to begin, for starters, all of them are beyond glitched, and the fact that the guns still go through the walls on all the games is legitamitally (sp?) pathetic. For a game so focused on driving and shooting, you would think they would be able to pull off at least ONE of them to an ok standard. The stories (if you can call them that) suck, the missions are quite repetitive. The fanboys are more annoying than any other fan base except Halo, and they are without doubt the most overrated games in existence when it comes to media reviews. Finally, the one major thing it is so heralded for (huge free massive roamable world) was done by Zelda first, and about 10 times better. Want proof of just how overrated it is, it currently has as many votes as METAL GEAR SOLID, and Metroid.

Prime Wolf

I got a Wii!
Where to begin, for starters, all of them are beyond glitched, and the fact that the guns still go through the walls on all the games is legitamitally (sp?) pathetic. For a game so focused on driving and shooting, you would think they would be able to pull off at least ONE of them to an ok standard. The stories (if you can call them that) suck, the missions are quite repetitive. The fanboys are more annoying than any other fan base except Halo, and they are without doubt the most overrated games in existence when it comes to media reviews. Finally, the one major thing it is so heralded for (huge free massive roamable world) was done by Zelda first, and about 10 times better. Want proof of just how overrated it is, it currently has as many votes as METAL GEAR SOLID, and Metroid.

So because its glitched it instantly sucks?

The driving is pulled off great, easy driving, and the shooting is as good as any other shooting games.

The stroies suck? Wow you have a solid argument going. The storie in San Andreas for example, is working your way up to get respect and your brother out of prison, building up multiple business's, making your gang powerful, yeah sounds horrible. :rolleyes:

How are the missions repetetive? Each one has a different objective, and gets harder as you progress througyh the game.

Yes it was done by zelda, but not to the same extent.

And youy may call it overrated, but it deserves the reviews it gets.

Last edited:

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
The Bemani music game series (Beatmania, Pop'n, DDR, the whole enchilada). :3

The one from the list that I would pick is Mario, however.

Not only because just about every Mario game is good (sans a few of them), but because it kinda saved videogames from extinction in the 80's (I think the NES did a good job of that too).

GTA is about as overrated as any other game on that list, with just as many flaws.

Sure it is.

Out of that list, the only ones that can even be considered overrated are Pokemon, FF, Mario, and Zelda, but Zelda and Mario only because of just how many fans it has. To say that for example Metroid, is as overrated as GTA, is just a dumb video game comment.

S
o because its glitched it instantly sucks?
Not what I said, but good job, here as cookie.
The driving is pulled off great, easy driving, and the shooting is as good as any other shooting games.
Look, I don't know what game your playing, but the mechanics of the driving suck. And, ARE YOU HIGH? You think the shooting in GTA is as good as ACTUAL shooting games.

The storie in San Andreas for example, is working your way up to get respect and your brother out of prison, building up multiple business's, making your gang powerful, yeah sounds horrible.
Ok, lets compare that to other games that have been mentioned in this list, shall we?
Story is better than Mario, I will give it that, and better than the original Metroid. Probably better than Pokemon as a whole, surely better than Mario Kart. It is beat by RE, Doom. It is destroyed by Zelda and Kingdom Hearts. And it is just raped by Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid. Back to the original point, yes, GTA plot blows.
Yes it was done by zelda, but not to the same extent.
\
This one is laughable. You ever play any Zelda games after Ocorina of Time? Even Link to the Past really?

And youy may call it overrated, but it deserves the reviews it gets.
Explain to me why exactly this game deserves perfect 10s. Just the fact that they are glitched beyond reason means it should not be getting PERFECT scores. You can't answer that one, but enjoy trying to come up with an excuse for why you can't.

Sure it is.

Out of that list, the only ones that can even be considered overrated are Pokemon, FF, Mario, and Zelda, but Zelda and Mario only because of just how many fans it has. To say that for example Metroid, is as overrated as GTA, is just a dumb video game comment.
Doom, Resident Evil, Metroid and Kingdom Hearts are also very overrated.

I can say GTA is overrated because of its large amount of fans as well.

Metroid Prime was very hyped up upon release, and Super Metroid is considered by many people to be the best game ever. Is it? No. Are they overrated then, by definition? Yes.

Empire

Probably the Football Manager/Championship Manager series for PC, and the GTA/Timesplitters series for console.

Prime Wolf

I got a Wii!
Look, I don't know what game your playing, but the mechanics of the driving suck. And, ARE YOU HIGH? You think the shooting in GTA is as good as ACTUAL shooting games.

The driving is smooth and doesnt have stiff turning. The shooting is easy to aim and doesn take 5 minutes to reload.

This one is laughable. You ever play any Zelda games after Ocorina of Time? Even Link to the Past really?

So after completing the game on zelda you continously go where ever you want? In planes, boats, cars? Zeldas free roam sucks compared to GTA's

Explain to me why exactly this game deserves perfect 10s. Just the fact that they are glitched beyond reason means it should not be getting PERFECT scores. You can't answer that one, but enjoy trying to come up with an excuse for why you can't.

Every game is glitched, and you cant expect a game to be ''perfect''

Last edited:

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
One could make an argument that any franchise on that list is overrated. Play the games you enjoy, instead of worrying about whether they get the credit they deserve with the rest of the world or whatever.

woot21

super noob
The driving is smooth and doesn't have stiff turning. The shooting is easy to aim and doesn't take 5 minutes to reload. Yes, cause it takes 5 minutes to reload in any game with shooting. Also a shotgun, pistol, and rocket launcher take the same amount of time to reload, and you can magicly pull the rockets out of your pocket.

So after completing the game on zelda you continously go where ever you want? In planes, boats, cars? Zeldas free roam sucks compared to GTA's
Can you go horseback in GTA? Also compare the first Zelda's world size to that of the first GTA, and then consider the hardware difference. Also what is there to do in GTA after the game is beat, shot the hookers? In Zelda there are the other heart pieces, and the other side quest, poes, trading sequences, golden bugs, etc.

Every game is glitched, and you cant expect a game to be ''perfect''. No you can't, but you can expect a PS2 game to be designed so bullets don't go through walls and to have fewer glitches than Pokemon R/B

Notes in bold. Grammar corrections in bold italics.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Doom, Resident Evil, Metroid and Kingdom Hearts are also very overrated.

don't get me started on Kingdom Hearts. Several people comment on the gameplay, but I find having to use the right analogue stick to scroll through items to be annoying as hell. And while I do enjoy the main storyline, playing through worlds featuring plots that're pretty much carbon clones of the movies said worlds are based off of is pretty dull (and a good majority of the game is spent that way -_-). I also need to berate Square-Enix for using most of the same Disney movie franchises in Kingdom Hearts 2, and especially Chain of Memories... if I'm gonna sit through rehashes of Disney movies, at least vary them a little, for god's sake.

Doom Finally got a vote.

1 The Legend of Zelda 10
2 The Pokemon Series 7
3 Final Fantasy 6
4 Mario 4
5 Kingdom Hearts 2
6 Rayman, Shadow Hearts, Grand Theft Auto, Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, Sonic the Hedgehog, Metal Gear Solid, Total War, Castlevania, Spyro, Megaman, Metroid, Resident Evil, Bemani Music, Doom 1

The driving is smooth and doesn't have stiff turning. The shooting is easy to aim and doesn't take 5 minutes to reload. Yes, cause it takes 5 minutes to reload in any game with shooting. Also a shotgun, pistol, and rocket launcher take the same amount of time to reload, and you can magicly pull the rockets out of your pocket.

Can you go horseback in GTA? Also compare the first Zelda's world size to that of the first GTA, and then consider the hardware difference. Also what is there to do in GTA after the game is beat, shot the hookers? In Zelda there are the other heart pieces, and the other side quest, poes, trading sequences, golden bugs, etc.

Every game is glitched, and you cant expect a game to be ''perfect''. No you can't, but you can expect a PS2 game to be designed so bullets don't go through walls and to have fewer glitches than Pokemon R/B

All the stuff Woot 21 put, was what I was thiking, except the fewer glitches than Pokemon Red Blue part, that was great, again, GTA sucks.

woot21

super noob
All the stuff Woot 21 put, was what I was thiking, except the fewer glitches than Pokemon Red Blue part, that was great, again, GTA sucks.

Yeah I went a little over with the hyperbole on the glitches, but you get the idea.

The carter

Marsh Trainer
1 The Legend of Zelda 10
2 The Pokemon Series 7
3 Final Fantasy 6
4 Mario 4
5 Kingdom Hearts 2
6 Rayman, Shadow Hearts, Grand Theft Auto, Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, Sonic the Hedgehog, Metal Gear Solid, Total War, Castlevania, Spyro, Megaman, Metroid, Resident Evil 1.

free roaming wasnt done by zelda first , zelda came out what end of '99 ?? outcast was the first free roaming game and is imo superiour to zelda just like the GTA series is. When GTA came out it was new ,something never done before ,a huge city in wich you can move and do whatever you like ,thats original ,I know its hard to understand that ,you being a ninty fan and all they just do the same crap over and over againand the gaming industry would ahve never moved beyond mario and its silly lil friends