• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Gaming Series ever.

What is the best of the really popular gaming series

• Total voters

The carter

Marsh Trainer
Sure it is.

Out of that list, the only ones that can even be considered overrated are Pokemon, FF, Mario, and Zelda, but Zelda and Mario only because of just how many fans it has. To say that for example Metroid, is as overrated as GTA, is just a dumb video game comment.

S
Not what I said, but good job, here as cookie.
Look, I don't know what game your playing, but the mechanics of the driving suck. And, ARE YOU HIGH? You think the shooting in GTA is as good as ACTUAL shooting games.

Ok, lets compare that to other games that have been mentioned in this list, shall we?
Story is better than Mario, I will give it that, and better than the original Metroid. Probably better than Pokemon as a whole, surely better than Mario Kart. It is beat by RE, Doom. It is destroyed by Zelda and Kingdom Hearts. And it is just raped by Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid. Back to the original point, yes, GTA plot blows.
\
This one is laughable. You ever play any Zelda games after Ocorina of Time? Even Link to the Past really?

Explain to me why exactly this game deserves perfect 10s. Just the fact that they are glitched beyond reason means it should not be getting PERFECT scores. You can't answer that one, but enjoy trying to come up with an excuse for why you can't.

Talk about overrated MGS is the most overrated game in that list ,gameplay wise it was basicly just raped by splintercell. Sam fisher making all theseREAL sneaking moves that snake could only dream of ,not to mention that stupid way the camera is positioned troughout the whole series ,so inferiour but hey japanese arent the most thechnical peepz in the game industry ,we all know that........

Kinslayer

Nevermore...
So...let me get this straight. Because something has a lot of fans, that automatically equals "overrated"? Seems that a certain person, who shall remain unnamed (Cloud Strife), doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. :1

Anyways, there is no such thing as the "best gaming series ever", because every series has good and bad points. Nothing will ever be the best. End of.

woot21

super noob
free roaming wasnt done by zelda first , zelda came out what end of '99 ?? outcast was the first free roaming game and is imo superiour to zelda just like the GTA series is. When GTA came out it was new ,something never done before ,a huge city in wich you can move and do whatever you like ,thats original ,I know its hard to understand that ,you being a ninty fan and all they just do the same crap over and over againand the gaming industry would ahve never moved beyond mario and its silly lil friends

And GTA doesn't do the samething over and over? Also name the two most innovative games of since 1999. Also Zelda came out for the NES, in '88 or '89, your whole arguement is flawed. Nintendo always innovatives, Mario 64 = start of 3D platforming. I also wanna hear the idea on most innovative games since '99.

The carter

Marsh Trainer
And GTA doesn't do the samething over and over? Also name the two most innovative games of since 1999. Also Zelda came out for the NES, in '88 or '89, your whole arguement is flawed. Nintendo always innovatives, Mario 64 = start of 3D platforming. I also wanna hear the idea on most innovative games since '99.

Lol I'll give you the most innovative games since '99 you nintentard.....
Btw mario 64 came out in what 1997? or 1996? anyways tomb raider 1 also came out round that period and hear it from somebody who was there active and playing games in those days (you was prob still in dipers ): Tomb raider killed it on the 3-d platforming departmentimo more then mario especially the camrera was like 2000x better.

But anyway here is your list

1. Outcast (free roaming ,story telling ,straight epic game ,best game ever imo)

2. half-life (defined fps how we play it today ,fps with a decent story)

3. Metal gears Solid 1 (played and felt like a movie )

4. Max Payne (gfx were sick ,the peepz @ rockstar looked at this game and made the GTA 3 series)

5. GTA 3 (first try at real free roaming through a whole city ,while being able to drive, get out of your car and do all type of things.

6. Zelda ocarina of time ( this amount of free roaming wasnt done before on a console so it was a good effort ,was a magical game granted but not the greatest game ever as so many people hail it today)

7. Splinter cell chaos theory (stealth gaming @ its finest ,you can pick up body's throw rocks or shoot ,gameplay is awesome ,gfx were stunning)

8. Shadow of the colossus (epic game , nuff said)

9. God of war (you probably havent played it cause you too yung but belive me when you grow up and you maybe have the guts to play this game you will recognize its grateness)

10. Halo CE ( Yes I had to mention it, cause the freedom you had in choosing vehicles and the open levels were more then any other in the time it was released ,really put it down for vehicles in First person shooters, and the story was really decent also)

* notable mentions :
final fantasy 8 (it was either this or God of war ,so I picked god of war over this).
Okami is a really new game and I havent played it yet but it seems i nnovative.
Ico didnt put this in because I have never played it and I already put shadow of the colossus.

The future :
Mass effect
Bioshock
Assasins creed
Crysis
Alan wake
Fable 2?
8 days
naughty dog project
White knight story

there is more in this world than nintendo and japanese games period ,japanese tend to invente a certain soemthing and then hold on to that concept to the end of days (final fanatasy ,pokemon ,metal gear solid ). And that isnt very inovative in my eyes. Western games can be even worse ,we are drowning here in the firt person shooters (WW2 and aliens) and in the rpg department we are getting killed with al those warcraft clones.

That was the only point I tried to make ,widen your experience and dont get stuck on one system or 1 type of game or publisher (nintendo). Cause if you do that you dont have any right to judge other games or genres.

UberSorcerer

So...let me get this straight. Because something has a lot of fans, that automatically equals "overrated"? Seems that a certain person, who shall remain unnamed (Cloud Strife), doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. :1

Anyways, there is no such thing as the "best gaming series ever", because every series has good and bad points. Nothing will ever be the best. End of.

FFVII is overrated becuase of the fact it is more or less a heavily modified FFVI, and there are much better RPGs.

I never said that (Battle Frankly-40 did, but that is another thing all together) I said they were overrated because they have a ton of fans and 1. In the case of Halo, not as good as it is made out to be, and 2. in the case of GTA, just sucks out loud.

As for the idiot saying Zelda came out in 99, what, you missed the 80's? But than again, he warrents no respect as a gamer because he thinks GTA is a better series than Zelda anyway. END OF.

Thick as Blood

I voted for Resident Evil, but for me it actually is a tie between Resident Evil, Pokemon, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Advance Wars, and finally Silent Hill. They all hold a special spot in my gaming heart and could never be forced to pic one favorite out of any of them.

Prime Wolf

I got a Wii!
and the fact that the guns still go through the walls on all the games is legitamitally (sp?) pathetic

Just to inform you.

On zelda the swords and shields go through walls, and his hat will sometimes go see through and see the shield, and this is on TP the latest installment D:

Can you go horseback in GTA? Also compare the first Zelda's world size to that of the first GTA, and then consider the hardware difference. Also what is there to do in GTA after the game is beat, shot the hookers? In Zelda there are the other heart pieces, and the other side quest, poes, trading sequences, golden bugs, etc.

Hidden Packages
Oystera
Horse Shoes
Vigilante
First Aid
Fire Fighter
Pimp
Racing
Quarry
Wang Cars

The list gos on, these outweigh the side missions of zelda.

he warrents no respect as a gamer because he thinks GTA is a better series than Zelda anyway. END OF.

Maybe ebcause it is better, but thats just my opinion.

And GTA doesn't do the samething over and over?

New cities, new chartatcers, new missions, new cars, new sub missions, No it doesnt do the same thing over and over.

Yes, cause it takes 5 minutes to reload in any game with shooting. Also a shotgun, pistol, and rocket launcher take the same amount of time to reload, and you can magicly pull the rockets out of your pocket.

Ofcourse it doesnt take 5 minutes to reload, or maybe you didnt see the sarcasm in that post. Commenting on magically pulling rockets out is the same as saying a little kid can hold 20+ items in a tunic with no pockets.

Last edited:

blindskater

Hard between MArio and Pokemon. Im going with pokemon because it was the first game that I ever played.

1 The Legend of Zelda 10
2 The Pokemon Series 8
3 Final Fantasy 6
4 Mario 4
5 Kingdom Hearts, Resident Evil 2
6 Rayman, Shadow Hearts, Grand Theft Auto, Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, Sonic the Hedgehog, Metal Gear Solid, Total War, Castlevania, Spyro, Megaman, Metroid, Bemani Music, Doom 1

Interesting,so this is turning into a fanboy war.

Well I can say Zelda OoT and pokemon changed games to a whole new standard. (We can thank pokemon for the immensely popular levels format. Although they didn't make it they made it popular)
No Halo or Kingdom Hearts could ever change that.

The carter

Marsh Trainer
Interesting,so this is turning into a fanboy war.

Well I can say Zelda OoT and pokemon changed games to a whole new standard. (We can thank pokemon for the immensely popular levels format. Although they didn't make it they made it popular)
No Halo or Kingdom Hearts could ever change that.

wel halo upped the standars for fps on colsoles and in general ,wit hthe AI ,the vehicles ,the story and the more large open levels (compaire that to the closed half-life 2 type level design).
I agree that kingdome hearts isnt really anything special i nthat sense its ofcourse the disney mixed with the square enix world that generates its sales ,especially among kids (like pokemon also does).

Granted Zelda OOT was magical for that time wit hthe fantasy elements that were in that game and such ,the way that game was done hadn't been done before so it deserves its place in gaming history. But what I feel now with zelda TTP ,its better then OOT ,but I dont feel like I am playing the best game ever ,its been surpassed. Not by any game particularly ,but by elements in other games. So that made and makes alot of gamers now think like: Well Zelda aint all that ,it was at the time but not anymore. And this year with mass effect coming out and some other ground braking action adventure rpg's its gonna become that more clear. So all the respect to Zelda OOT at its time it was very good ,very megical but in my opinion was already surpassed in the same year by OUTCAST.

Ling-Ling

Pokemon dressup
To bad Ratchet and Clank wasn't there. So I voted for Doom. It had the least amount of votes so I voted for it.

Validus

I don't know if it's been mentioned (i'm not about to read every post lol too lazy) but Mortal Kombat easily earns a Vote. I love that game.

Slappy_Pancake

Legend of Zelda FTW. Yes, I am a fanboy, but try playing most of the series and not be :p

Seiryu

Resident dragon
Legend of Zelda FTW. Yes, I am a fanboy, but try playing most of the series and not be :p

Without being a fanboy of the Zelda series? I have--I've played and beaten every game that's been released stateside save the CD-i games--and I'm not. So there. =p

Ling-Ling said:
To bad Ratchet and Clank wasn't there. So I voted for Doom. It had the least amount of votes so I voted for it.
Y'know, you still could've voted for R&C; the thread creator said that any series of at least three games is fair game, just he put what he felt were the most popular ones in the actual poll. I mean, just look at his vote updates--most of the games with one vote aren't on the official poll's list.

Sharpedo Boy

< Don't take drugs!
Leaving out crash?
Crash but I voted pokemon.
Zelda's gay and the others are wierd

Pokerob

Webmaster of PW.UK
I think if you said apart from pokemon you would get a better show of votes. This is after all a pokemon based forum.

I voted pokemon. But if not its metroid.

Malachite Treecko

The Legend of Zelda games owns the Pokemon games. I like Pokemon - as a franchise - more, but mostly for the fandom - the Pokemon FanArt, FanFics and Forums owns the TLoZ ones, and Fakemon >>>>>>>>>>>> Fake Bosses