1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Best Gen 7 BGM?

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by NovaBrunswick, Mar 14, 2019 at 5:27 PM.

1. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

As Gen 7 comes to a close, a new generation will take its place. In celebration, I'm looking back at the music of Gen 7. Which tunes in Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon (not counting Let's Go) stood out the most to you? Here are my personal favourites:

• Lush Jungle - I loved the zen vibes I got from this one. The xylophone (?) kind of reminds me of raindrops falling on leaves, which sometimes happens in this part of Alola.
    • Hau'oli City - The day version is bright and happy, while the night version is relaxing with its lounge-jazz sound. I prefer the day version a little more, however.
    • Malie City - The Far Eastern flavour of this tune kind of reminds me of Ecruteak City in Johto, especially its HG/SS variant. This is most likely because Malie was inspired by Johto's architecture.
    • Seafolk Village - I think it just fits the place for some reason. I like the night version better, because it's pretty calming to listen to.
    • Vast Poni Canyon - It reminds me of going on a big adventure, like Indiana Jones. :D
    • Totem Pokémon Battle - Those drums are so intense. I like the bit just before the song loops again, when they go into full-on ‘boss’ mode.
    • Tapu Battle - Sometimes you hear what sounds like "guardian" throughout the song, which is a perfect fit as you're battling the guardians of the Alolan islands. It has a bit of Hawaiian music in it, too.
    • Ultra Necrozma Battle - Organs. What else? I think this is the first 'true' boss battle theme in Pokémon - you're saving Alola from this colossal beast that's devouring all the light in it, and it also devoured arguably the most famous character in the whole of Gen 7 - Cosmog, AKA Nebby.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 11:01 AM
  2. Ignition

Ignition I had no standards yet I’m still disappointed lol

This is a hard question because I feel like every track in SM/USUM is the best. I’ll give a “few”:
    -Vs Totem Pokèmon: Honestly my favorite song in Pokèmon. The pure adrenaline rush I felt when this first played speaks for itself.
    -Vs Light Trio/(Dusk/Dawn/Ultra) Necrozma: All of the battles against the main Alola trio give the feeling of fighting a Legendary flawlessly
    -Vs Mother Beast/Guzma: Shows off the main antagonists and their warped mentalities
    -Xurkitree’s US (name evades me atm): idk why

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  3. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

If you listen carefully to the beginning of the Gen 7 wild Pokémon music, you’ll hear a bit of the Totem Pokémon theme in it. Also, when you defeat a Totem, the victory music also sounds like the Island Kahuna battle music. I kind of liked how Gen 7 linked every bit of music to each other in some way.

Ignition likes this.
  4. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I dislike most of Gen VII's music in general, yet even I can't deny that Malie City's background music is quite lovely.