• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Generation of Starters?

Best Generation of Starters?

• Gen 1 (Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle)

Votes: 31 28.7%
  • Gen 2 (Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile)

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Gen 3 (Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip)

Votes: 31 28.7%
  • Gen 4 (Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup)

Votes: 14 13.0%
  • Gen 5 (Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott)

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Gen 6 (Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie)

Votes: 16 14.8%

• Total voters

RedCrow07

Rookie
Cant really vote on gen 6 until i see evolutions, but its either 1, 3, or possibly 6. 4 and 5 were meh with 2 at a close second.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Tough choice, split between 1,3 and 6. I'll with 6 since were in the gen 6 hype !
Though it terms of balanced typing and stuff gen 1 is best with 3 close behind it.

Bluemiracle

Biologist
My choice: 1st Genartion. In second place: 2nd Generation

note: I can't really say 6th Gen is one my favs because I have absolutely no idea how their evolutions will be. Why say they are my favorite starters? Makes no sense in my head lol. Yeah they might be awesome right now, but what if their evolutions are not?

Last edited:

Ditto B1tch

Generation 1 starters is aguarbly the best so far. People would vote on 6 because they're new currently and I'm a little shocked that Geneneration 3 starters is the second best in the poll instead Generation 2.

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
For me it is a tie between generation I, II, and III.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
It's a tie between III and IV for me. I love each starter from those generations, which isn't the case for any other, but I ended up voting for Gen III.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Generation 1 starters is aguarbly the best so far. People would vote on 6 because they're new currently and I'm a little shocked that Geneneration 3 starters is the second best in the poll instead Generation 2.

I don't see the surprise in Gen 3 being ahead of 2. Aside from the fact that I voted for Gen 3, there are quite of few people who grew up with 3rd gen games, so that would likely contribute. That, and the Johto starters don't seem to bring much of anything interesting to the table, so to speak. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Cloud_Arcanine

Scarlett starlett
If there was a generation of Chikorita, Torchic and Oshawott then it would be that one.

Sadly there isn't, so I'll go for the Johto starters.

Vivian

I vote for gen four. Maybe i would vote for gen 6 if we already knew their evos, types, and moves.

Ludicoconut

Water&Grass Trainer
Either generation II or III, though I love all of them the starters and their evolutions from those generations are fantastic, especially the water types. Love Empoleon from gen IV though!

lolzkidudz

Gen7!!!
Gen I for me because of its designs and popularity way back then, and the revamps to their movesets up until now are big bonus and awesome.

Tied for 2nd place is III and IV for their dual typings. (though fire/fighting is going overboard)

and for the rest: V > II

It's too early for me to decide GenVI

lolzkidudz

Gen7!!!
Gen I for me because of its designs and popularity way back then, and the revamps to their movesets up until now are big bonus and awesome.

Tied for 2nd place is III and IV for their dual typings. (though fire/fighting is going overboard)

and for the rest: V > II

It's too early for me to decide GenVI yet.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The Generation 2 starters were the best in terms of designs imo. They just looked so interesting. Just look at the Holy Trinity: ;152; ;155; ;158;

im one of those youngings who grew up with gen 3 so i admit i am probably biaist when i say generation 3

knetz07

The Forsaken
I would have to say Gen VI because I actually liked all 3 starters(basic forms appearance-wise) unlike in the other gens.

zozo

SLIMED!
I don't really have an opinion about the Gen VI starters yet, since we only know about first forms right now, so I just limited my choice to the first five gens.

For me, the top was actually Gen V. All the starters at all their evolutionary levels were highly appealing to me, which is unique in terms of starters.

In second place is Gen I. All of the starters and all of their evolutionary levels, except for Charmeleon, were highly appealing. Charmeleon was just ugly to me, though, so it wasn't quite as good as Gen V.

In third is Gen IV. Loved them all except for Chimchar's line, but even that is growing on me. Infernape is pretty cool.

Fourth is Gen III. Now, Gen III does have one of my all-time favourite starters in Blaziken, and I love Swampert too, but I really disliked the mid-evolutions of both Blaziken and Swampert, and I find Treecko to be pretty ugly.

Fifth is Gen II. Meganium is cool, Feraligatr is okay, and I'm growing more fond of Typhlosion, but all in all it was pretty disappointing in terms of starters, to me.

Generation III > I > IV > VI > II > V in my opinion.