1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Best/Good Flying Types in Platinum?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Navarch, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navarch

Navarch Well-Known Member

What are some good Pokemon that can use Fly in Platinum? I'm having a hard time choosing one, so I'd like to hear what other people used. I also refuse to use a Staraptor, since I've used one before. I'm kind of in between Crobat and Drifblim...

2. munchlaxboy

munchlaxboy Catching up on XY

Togekiss is a very unique, fun, and effective Pokemon to use. I looked it up and apparently in Platinum Cynthia will give you a Togepi egg at Route 230.

3. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Pokémon Sun!

Agreeed. I have a Togetic right now in Platinum so far and it is really great. Togekiss looks really great and can learn a lot of great moves, like Flamethrower & Aura Sphere. It gets moves that cover all its weaknesses (except Electric), among many other types.

I'd recommend Togekiss as the one to learn Fly for you.

4. Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama Fancy footwork

Togekiss or Staraptor. They both have amazing offensive stats, and their speed is decent too. Even though Staraptor is overused in D/P/Pt, it holds the highest offensive stats of all 5 of the regional birds (Pidgeot, Noctowl, Swellow, and Unfezant)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  5. arceus03

arceus03 Well-Known Member

Crobat is really fun to use. Plus you can actually utilize Fly in battles (Fly on Togekiss is meh). But personally, I would give Fly to an HM Pokemon. Tropius can learn Fly and 4 other HM moves, making him a very useful Pokemon that can save you the hassle of depositing Pokemon now and again just to use other HMs.

6. EnragedSwalot

EnragedSwalot Well-Known Member

If you care about if it can use fly, use crobat. But if you just want a flying type, I strongly recommend Gliscor.

7. dirkac

dirkac I smash your Boxes.

If you want a flyingpokemon that can learn fly, then take either Togekiss or Drifblim. Both are amazing to use.

8. ThisIsPatrick

ThisIsPatrick Well-Known Member

Gliscor is another great option being a Dual Type of Ground/Flying, plus he can learn a great set of moves like Earthquake ect..

Crobat is a great addition to any team, with a set of Flying and Poison moves he can be a brillant offensively and with great speed he can get the first strike aswell.

9. SoulDaze

SoulDaze Lol.

Staraptor.
    Crobat/Togekiss if you want to.

10. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Chatot. it's so dayum cute :3 nya~

11. Ferrin

Ferrin Easily Lost

Togekiss for sure :! their special attacking power and moveset is destructive. Or gliscor for physical bashing power

12. Sealotic

Sealotic Well-Known Member

I truly love Togekiss which is in my Johto team (SS), but in Gen IV, I won't take a flying bird in my team, only because the pokemon I like the most are on this land and that I want a team that I'll cherish forever -poetic moment-

Staraptor is good too... well, everybody knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.