• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Grass Type in BW

Which is the best grass type in BW?

• Serperior

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Whimsicott

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Lilligant

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Leavanny

• Sawsbuck

• Maractus

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Amoonguss

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Ferrothorn

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Simisage

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

rocky505

Out of all the grass types revealed in 5th gen which do you think is the best ingame? Well I think it is either Sawsbuck or Whimsicott or Leavanny because the rest learn nothing at all but grass moves.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I really like Lilligant because of its high special attack and Chlorophyll ability which makes it a great sun sweeper. Also, it can have Own Tempo which helps it with Petal Dance. However, Whimsicott seems to be more useful thanks to its superior ability.

MalformedSticks

I'm eating a roach
Ferrothorn. Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic spikes, and Leech Seed, along with it's high defenses makes it a pretty insane grass type, but is very vulnerable to Fire types.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
I'm getting into bulky pokemon so I choose Amoonguss. He has great bulk, a decent typing, mediocre offenses, access to SPORE, and slow speed for a trick room!

Noheart

The Abysswalker
...Did everyone forget Lilligant gets Quiver Dance?

rocky505

Ferrothorn. Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic spikes, and Leech Seed, along with it's high defenses makes it a pretty insane grass type, but is very vulnerable to Fire types.
Yeah but this is about in game and those moves pretty much suck in game unless on the subway.

@Piekid11- Did you forget Lilligant learns nothing at all? Just because it has quiver dance doesn't mean it's good. A pokemon with Sap sipper could randomly come in and wall the thing like crazy.

Last edited:

MalformedSticks

I'm eating a roach
Yeah but this is about in game and those moves pretty much suck in game unless on the subway.

Well, you DO make a valid point in that statement, and though you say those moves suck, they have helped me in my times of using Ferrothorn. But hey, we have our opinions.

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
I play DW OU so seperior is awesome-with choice specs and contary, it OHKOed Dragonite and Salamence. Curse ferrothron isn't bad either.

TheNetGuy

Route 1 Trainer
I chose ferrothorn, even though I love all the others more. Whimsicott is my favorite pokemon, actually, but ferrothorn can be used well. Whimsicott, not as much.

Edit:
Oh. I just was reminded of the whimsicott pokemon of the week. YAY! WHIMSICOTT IS GOOD! Too bad I can't change my vote. :-/

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
@Piekid11- Did you forget Lilligant learns nothing at all? Just because it has quiver dance doesn't mean it's good.

Um, yeah it does. Enough with your arbitrary "this move makes this Pokemon good but this one doesn't," because fact is, Quiver Dance boosts the two moves that Lilligant will ever need: Giga Drain and Petal Dance.

rocky505 said:
A pokemon with Sap sipper could randomly come in and wall the thing like crazy.

Way to be a hypocrite in the same post. You just said:

It's pretty clear that you're biased. You can't arbitrarily say that Ferrothorn has less going for it because of how it's best moves are useless in-game and then turn around and say that Lilligant sucks because of the metagame.

Have you ever used Lilligant? No? Then enough with your weird bashing of it. It's good, accept it.

EDIT: In case it wasn't clear, I voted for Lilligant. Leavanny and Sawsbuck rule due to being physical versions of Lilligant, but Lilligant is bulkier than Sawsbuck (something I like) and can heal itself when Leavanny can't.

rocky505

Um, yeah it does. Enough with your arbitrary "this move makes this Pokemon good but this one doesn't," because fact is, Quiver Dance boosts the two moves that Lilligant will ever need: Giga Drain and Petal Dance.

Way to be a hypocrite in the same post. You just said:

It's pretty clear that you're biased. You can't arbitrarily say that Ferrothorn has less going for it because of how it's best moves are useless in-game and then turn around and say that Lilligant sucks because of the metagame.

Have you ever used Lilligant? No? Then enough with your weird bashing of it. It's good, accept it.

EDIT: In case it wasn't clear, I voted for Lilligant. Leavanny and Sawsbuck rule due to being physical versions of Lilligant, but Lilligant is bulkier than Sawsbuck (something I like) and can heal itself when Leavanny can't.
Yes I have used Lilligant and it sucks. Two grass moves are not going to do crap. it's movepool sucks, It is only 5 points bulkier than Sawsbuck which is basically nothing. Before the thing can set up it will be KOed. A pokemon using an offensive boosting move with only grass type moves sucks. What a pokemon needs to sweep is diversity. Which Lilligant doesnt have. I am not saying Lilligant sucks because of the metagame I am saying it sucks because it does.

Grei

not the color
Yes I have used Lilligant and it sucks. Two grass moves are not going to do crap. it's movepool sucks, It is only 5 points bulkier than Sawsbuck which is basically nothing. Before the thing can set up it will be KOed. A pokemon using an offensive boosting move with only grass type moves sucks. What a pokemon needs to sweep is diversity. Which Lilligant doesnt have. I am not saying Lilligant sucks because of the metagame I am saying it sucks because it does.

Lilligant is quite possibly the best Pokemon on my White team. She's faster than most opponents, letting her put them to sleep. Then, she Quiver Dances. Regardless of if the opponent wakes up, she's already ready to destroy them with Petal Dance, and if not, it can drain them and restore her HP with a Big Root + Giga Drain combo.

She systematically destroys every opponent in-game.

I had a similar opinion to yours about Reuniclus a while back, because the one I used was Naughty. Despite what most people say, natures do matter in-game when they're crippling. Use a Modest or Naive Lilligant in-game and it will destroy everything while healing itself. It most certainly does not suck, and I can vouch for that. If you're intent of the metagame not being a factor in this, then Lilligant sucks even less. Lilligant's movepool might be small, but she can still dominate with her classic strategy, and that matters more than what other options she could have.

Del Mundo

Ghost Fan
I like using Simisage ingame. The monkeys are fast and furious with good moves. They get the job done.

Other than that, my starter Serperior.

edit: awww man, I'm the only one who voted for simisage?!? :p

Last edited:

Geekachu

I voted for Sawsbuck because I just love the thing. Accessibility to Jump Kick and Wild Charge is great. Of course, I've also been informed of Liligant's greatness courtesy of Grei, so it's safe to assume that it's equally awesome.

Anyone who voted for Ferrothorn is in bed with Smogon

Grei

not the color
I voted for Sawsbuck because I just love the thing. Accessibility to Jump Kick and Wild Charge is great. Of course, I've also been informed of Liligant's greatness courtesy of Grei, so it's safe to assume that it's equally awesome.

I said this above, but I consider Sawsbuck and Lilligant to sort of be physical-special counterparts. They're both Grass-types that specialize in a specific type of attacking, and both of them are offensive healers. I'm going to raise another Sawsbuck in my current play-through to see if I think any differently of it.

XXD17

Draco rex
For me it was a tie between ferrothorn and serperior...ferrothorn is CRAZY...that thing hangs on like no other and wrecks havoc due to all the entry hazards it gets along with power whip and gyro ball...but it's easily walled by steel types forcing it to switch out allowing the likes of metagross to set up...that's why I chose serperior...I seriously love this thing to death..it looks so regal and classy and it's a total monster in battle...it can wall with coil leech seed, dragon tail, and leaf blade, or it can sweep just about anything with contrary leaf storm and hidden power fire...I love serperior, it looks a lot cooler than ferrothorn in my opinion but its walling abilities don't even come close...