• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Grass type move

Best grass type move

• Energy Ball

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • Power Whip

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Leaf Storm

Votes: 28 11.3%
  • Frenzy Plant

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Leaf Blade

Votes: 75 30.2%
  • Synthesis

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Wood Hammer

Votes: 19 7.7%
  • Giga Drain

Votes: 36 14.5%

• Total voters

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
Leaf Blade;great base power,and it has a high critical hit ratio.
You've got the chance of dealing decent damage to NE types!

Falconx03

Legendary
leaf blade or energy ball, depending on whether you have an atk pkmn or a sp.atk pkmn...

Completely agree.

Wood Hammer. It's powerful enough to take out any Pokémon.

Wood Hammer especially on Rock Head Pokemon, like Sudowoodo. Rock Head equals win so Sudowoodo won't receive the recoil from it.

In 5th Generation, Petal Dance on Lilligant with Own Tempo, 120BP with 100% accuracy and no confusion because of Own Tempo.

You forgot to mention Seed Flare. Great Power, (120), decent Accuracy and chance to lower 2 Stages of Sp. Def, it's amazing. Leech Seed is good also to stall out your opponents and recover yourself.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Uh, what about spore? I know many Brelooms and Smeargles agree with that...

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
You forgot to mention Seed Flare. Great Power, (120), decent Accuracy and chance to lower 2 Stages of Sp. Def, it's amazing. Leech Seed is good also to stall out your opponents and recover yourself.
Seed Flare is realy good on Skymin because it gets serene grace to abuse the special defense drop.

Geekachu

FireSong

~The musical leaf
Leaf Blade and Energy Ball. They look awesome when used. :3

Ninja Dog

Banned
Leech Seed, but its not on there.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
My favorite is energy ball because it lowers special defense and it's special =D

RivalsByNature

Lalala Not Listening
I love Leaf Blade for an attack-strong grass Pokemon. Energy Ball and Giga Drain are my favorites for a special attacker.

G50

No longer posting
For me it's a tie between Leaf Blade and Energy Ball, I never have a Grass-Type Pokemon without either one of those moves.

cantab

Spore.

In terms of attacking moves, well were it 5th Gen I'd be tempted by Giga Drain. But since it's not got as much power in 4th Gen, it's gonna have to be Grass Knot, since it got distribution like crazy.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
My most used Grass-Type move is without doubt Giga Drain

Haxle99

Typhlosion Trainer
Leech Seed and Giga Drain, best grass moves ever.

bushie

i like leaf blade i love its animation and critical hit ratio. i remember the first time i saw sceptile using it

zerofield

i miss miror
If we're talking ingame use, I'd have to say either leaf blade or energy ball, as things like synthesis and leech seed aren't that useful for ingame play and those are standard spammable moves with relatively high power and good pp.