• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Grass type move

Best grass type move

• Energy Ball

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • Power Whip

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Leaf Storm

Votes: 28 11.3%
  • Frenzy Plant

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Leaf Blade

Votes: 75 30.2%
  • Synthesis

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Wood Hammer

Votes: 19 7.7%
  • Giga Drain

Votes: 36 14.5%

• Total voters
Energy ball because of its design when you use it :)

Viviphy

Canadian Bacon
Leech Seed? Spore?

Out of those, though; Leaf Blade/Energy Ball

Ohitsdylan

My most favorite is Solar Beam but out of that selection I would pick Wood Hammer.

EDIT: I changed my mind my favorite grass move is Seed Flare!

Last edited:

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Frenzy Plant for me. It packs a huge punch but not good for online matches.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Out of the options listed, I'd say leaf blade. Its a classic. Another good grass type move that wasn't above was Seed Bomb. I love that move, despite it doesn't cause any status changes.

Frenzy plant is actually the strongest grass type move. Unfortunately, it is a grass clone of hyper beam, so while it may be good in-game, bad on competitive matches, not to mention it is exclusive to grass starter Pokemon.

pakin

I'd say Frenzy Plant if we were talking about power.

Other then that I'd say Leaf Blade or Energy Ball!

Da Man X

Cυrsιvε Rσcκs-DαMαπΧ
Leaf Blade Because of its attack and Giga Drain because of its beastness.

Ezek

Your average freak
You gotta <3 giga drain.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Giga drain due to having the most history for competitive grass type moves (with the exception of Solar beam.) It also got buffed in bw to have reasonable power and who doesn't like hitting the opponent with a stab(most of the time) move that heals your pokemon?

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
Spore and Leech seed are competive very good.
Leaf blade and Energy ball are also pretty great but Seed flare is the best IMO because of its 120 BP and 30% chance of getting a -2 sp def.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Energy Ball to be honest. I can't tell you how many times that move saved me. I also like Leaf Blade, but I rarely used it in D/P/Pt. Energy Ball was good enough for me.

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

Energy Ball is weak at the start, Power Whip is pretty good, Leaf Storm is crap, Frenzy Plant (I picked this one, but I changed my mind... ****) is crap because of recharging, Leaf Blade is pretty good, Synthesis is alright, Wood Hammer has recoil, and Giga Drain is pretty weak.