• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Grass type move

Best grass type move

• Energy Ball

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • Power Whip

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Leaf Storm

Votes: 28 11.3%
  • Frenzy Plant

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Leaf Blade

Votes: 75 30.2%
  • Synthesis

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Wood Hammer

Votes: 19 7.7%
  • Giga Drain

Votes: 36 14.5%

• Total voters
i love power whip. despite its low accuracy and have no secondary effect, it is dang powerful and i enjoy using it from my venusaur

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Leaf storm. With a white herb or swtching there's no repercussions like frenzy plant. And 90% accuracy isn't too bad IMO considering the base power.

TehBrawlGuy~

Needs more Grass Knot.

Voted Energy Ball because it's the Grass type high base and 100 accuracy move that's long overdue.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
The experience of spamming Leaf Blade with my Sceptile....priceless :D

Leaf storm.

but, I use a lot of choice sets, so.......

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Leaf blade by far. It is awesome. I used it on my sceptile and now my serperior. Physical moves tend to be harder to come by for the starter types, but 90 atk, 100 accuracy and better critical hit ratio will work very well. i always PP max this move just for in game use.

pickledArbok

Woodhammer because it's not that common, 120 base power and my Sudowoodo gets no recoil.

Cruisin'

^ Woodhammer with no recoil is awesome.

I like Leaf Blade #1, then Giga Drain.

Cruisin'

Seed Flare must be a gen. 5 move...

Solar beam 2 turn and vulnerable unless it's sunny... Awesome in gen 1 and 2 though.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Seed Flare must be a gen. 5 move...

Solar beam 2 turn and vulnerable unless it's sunny... Awesome in gen 1 and 2 though.

Seed Flare is a Gen 4 move ..... Shaymin's signature move. 120 base power and a 40% chance to lower the foe's SpDef by 2. That's very good even with 85 accuracy.

Under the sun, SolarBeam is incredibly powerful. Just saying.

Freakshow

Jibaku
Spore because it's a 100% acc sleep move

Otherwise Seed Flare. 80% sharp sdef drop with shaymin-s is monstrous.

Cruisin'

:O

80% chance for sharp sp. defense loss is very good.

I've always liked Leach Seed as well. My Bulbasaur from FireRed had a wicked leach seed, poison powder, synthesis, razor leaf combo. That's how I'd start just about every battle with him.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
It's an 80% chance? Stupid Bulbapedia .. no wonder I was always thinking my luck was so good. XD

I forgot about Spore. And Leech Seed didn't even come to mind for some reason. Pretty much a lot of the ones that aren't on the list would be my votes.

Seed Flare, Spore, SolarBeam, and Leech Seed. Actually, Synthesis (didn't see it on the list) as well, under the sun it's crazy good.

Cruisin'

Seed Flare is a Gen 4 move ..... Shaymin's signature move. 120 base power and a 40% chance to lower the foe's SpDef by 2. That's very good even with 85 accuracy.

Under the sun, SolarBeam is incredibly powerful. Just saying.

Figures since it's Shaymins, a Pokemon I've never seen before.

Does SolarBeam get a boost in power under the sun? I know it needs no charging.

Last edited:

Drdj11

Eins,Zwei,Drei
It would be Leaf blade. If not, then Seed Bomb. How could not put that on the list?