• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best ice-type (Emerald)? Pre-National Pokedex?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think Glalie is a better ice type than Walrein. Glalie seems to do more damage

dragon user

Imo walrien owns and will do well no matter what team you run

FusionKT

*cough*
i would go with glalie but spheal is much easier to find

shamrockty12

Hoenn Champion
Spheal is the best, he is so cute!

Articuno or Walrein.

empoleon mike

Magma Leader Maxie
With out any doubt it has to be Walrein, that thing is a total tank because it can take hits due to its thick fat plus its a water type so he can destroy any fire types, also the Spheal family has 2 evolutions where as Snorunt only evolves once, into glailie or froslass (in gen 4). This means that Walrein has more boosted stats.

Kalosian

So long
I have used both on my Emerald team, and I prefer Walrein due to its secondary typing, better movepool and better stats (except Speed, but it doesn't matter). I would say that Walrein is better than Glalie.

Jordie

Bang!
I always thought Glalie looked really awesome, but Walrein is really strong.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
Regice, not too hard to get, unless you don't have a clue how to get it! and a nice movepool

G50

No longer posting
I'd have to go with Walrein. You know it's tough when it always gives me problems. Definitely a tank.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Walrein is a great Pokemon for 3rd Gen. It's got great bulk along with some offensive capabilities. The Ice type is never a good defensive typing, but in 3rd Gen, especially in-game, is a fantastic Pokemon.

EnragedSwalot

Theres only spheal and glalie.
I like glalie because he's just a boss, and he whoops out damage pretty well. But the spheal line is great too.

I always liked Glalie much more than Walrein. Maybe because it's design and cry is much cooler (no pun intended) than Walrein's.