• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best ice-type (Emerald)? Pre-National Pokedex?

frenky

Champion
if you want legendary --> REGICE , if not --> GLALIE

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
In my opinion, Walrein is the best Ice-type in the games. I've used it twice (once in Ruby version and once in Emerald version), and it really came in handy against the Elite Four.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I would personally take Glalie, since I found through experience that Walrein just Fails at life innthe elite four
Though Walrein is better against random trainers.

heracrosstrainer635

Best. Partner. Eva!
To my knowledge, there are very few ice types in r/s/e, two of which start out as normal, but can be changed to other types (kecleon and castform). While you weren't very specific on which kind of best it is (for battles, for looks, etc.) I'll share my "knowledge" with you (why am I so formal? I gotta stop this.)
Anyways, the best ice type for battles would be walrein, since it has defensive stats and decent attack power. The best for aesthetics would be Glalie (my personal opinion, but I'm sure at least one other person agrees with me. The best hidden ice type is regice, since it's a very cryptic process to get him, and you need to be able to sight read braille (ironic, isn't it?).

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Walrein is Ice+Water type. It neutralise's Fire and Grass, so yeah. Walrein's the better option.

Cutty

Forever now
Walrein and Glalie. I have never used them though. But they were tough when my team faced them.

Mudkipzroks

I like being nice!
Warlien and Glalie they are both good pkmn and will most definitly help you in Emerald

blackterminator3

Walrien never failed me on Emerald. Still on my team.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
It is a good idea to just teach some Ice-Type move to your Water-Type.
But a good Hoenn Ice-Type would, imo, be Glalie