• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Ice Type Move : Poll

Best ice type move

• Total voters

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Which is the best ice type move? Vote for your favourite ice type move and view the poll results

Aquarelle

Staff member
For the second generation, Ice Punch. I would say Ice Beam if this were for other generations, but since it wasn't a TM in GSC I never got to use it much. Ice Punch was a TM, though, so I was able to use it more often. Very useful for dealing with dragons later in the game.

Ice Beam. Has a fair chance of freezing, and has generous PP. Unlike Sheer Cold which has 5 PP and isn't very usefull.

Crystalmew9

Ultimate Mew Fan
I've always been a fan of Ice Beam, since it's almost as powerful as Blizzard, fast, as is known to Freeze opponents a lot.

I like Blizzard, too, but it's PP and Accuracy is sucky...

Charoshi

Charmander is best
In my opinion, this is really a no brainer. It's ice beam. It almost as much power as blizzard, 3 times the pp and has 100% accuracy. Easily number one.

Skwog

PurpleHaze
Ice Punch, all the way. I've never seen a Gengar or Alakazam using Ice Beam. However, they rock a wicked Ice Punch.

Rezzo

Occasionally
For the second generation, Ice Punch. I would say Ice Beam if this were for other generations, but since it wasn't a TM in GSC I never got to use it much. Ice Punch was a TM, though, so I was able to use it more often. Very useful for dealing with dragons later in the game.

This.

Also... were there only 6 Ice type moves in 2nd Gen?

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Blizzard because my Jynx killed a Charizard and Rayquaza in one hit with it

Whimsicott

Hmm...
Ice Beam
Even though I use Blizzard more than Ice Beam, because it could hit two enemies, Ice Beam has a better accuracy and freezes more. The Ice Beam's PP beats Blizzard too.