• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Kalos GYM Battle

What’s the best Kalos GYM Battle?

• Viola

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Grant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Korrina

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Ramos

• Clemont

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Sawyer vs Valerie

• Ash vs Valerie

• Olympia

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • Wulfric

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Genaller

Silver Soul
Continuing the GOAT GYM Battle series. This 1 will also probably be tough.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
This is definitely the hardest, since I thought Kalos had the best gym battles in the whole series. Like Sinnoh, I liked every battle, and thought none was really "bad", only some were better than the others. So in the end, kind of expectedly, I vote for the Olympia battle. A brilliant and scintillating double battle, this imo, is the GOAT gym battle of the whole Pokémon series. Very close second goes to BroBowl and the Wulfric rematch.

Navin

MALDREAD
1. Olympia

2. Wulfric (I & II) *
3. Ramos *

4. Viola

5. Clemont **
6. Valerie **
7. Grant **

8. Korrina

* (Wulfric I + II & Ramos are very close to each other)
** (Clemont/Valerie/Grant are very close to each other)

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Olympia or wulfric, I would go with wulfric, olympia, valerie, korrina, clemont and ramo all were great. Kalos gym battles had set a very high standards along with sinnoh.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Kalos Gym battles were all pretty much epic and intense, their choreography and animation were simply marvellous. Ash vs Olympia takes the cake for the outstanding teamwork display+animation, though Ash vs Wulfric rematch is pretty close second.

The only underwhelming battle of this saga was Ash vs Grant, which was simply pointlessly made a 2 vs 3 battle.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Honestly, every Gym battle in Kalos was amazing. While I will give special mentions to Ash vs. Korrina and Ash vs. Wulfric (Both Matches), I'm going to have to go with the majority consensus and deem Ash vs. Olympia the best. It was such a creative, visually stunning, and overall awesome battle; easily my second-favorite battle in the entire show. If you want a more detailed analysis, then click on this link here: https://aminoapps.com/c/pokemon/pag...-battles-day-6/bzho_uBvdlraxqBEj1loQmwbNQ1j63

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I have to go with Olympia, but the rematch against Wulfric is a close second. Greninja vs Abomasnow was an epic battle.

diakyu

I don't think it's that hard, Olympia wins handily. People loved that episode when it aired. Easily one of the best in the entire series. I think that the two biggest worries going in was that Talonflame was gonna be completely overshadowed and that potentially Frogadier would evolve and it would be an easy win. However, neither of these things happened. Talonflame and Frogadier are practically shown to be equals who both care about the wellbeing of the other, and there is no evolution and instead a nice tease of what will happen in the future.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
XY had noticeably better production values, and that combined with Ash at his best battling form alongside Sinnoh, led to pretty much all the Kalos battles to be of strong quality and highly entertaining. It's almost unfair to compare these slate of battles to some of the previous sagas' gyms, especially the older you go, because at least half of these gyms (if not all of them) would make the top 20 best gyms in the entire series based off those factors.