• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Memories From RSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd also heard the '100 launches' myth... supposedly, when they launched the 100th rocket, you'd be allowed to ride along, and the journey into space would take a looooonnnnnng time... but after so long, there would be a scene where you could catch Jirachi! So I played Sapphire... and every week the launch count went up by one... and FINALLY the count reached 100! And... nothing happened. Oh well...

I still had fun catching Kyogre!

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I remember getting ruby version for my birthday and catching a shiny Poochyena the same day. That's my favorite memory.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
The cut scenes of Kyogre and Groudon fighting plus Rayquaza coming down from the sky to end the fighting. Also going to the Battle Frontier was incredible, Emerald remains the best hoenn game of all time.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I still had fun catching Kyogre!
I remember catching Kyogre on only the second ball during one of my Sapphire playthroughs many years ago. That was a very memorable moment for me since on my older games/previous save files, I always had a tough time catching legendaries. So, it was nice to finally catch one easily.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I played Sapphire... and every week the launch count went up by one... and FINALLY the count reached 100! And... nothing happened. Oh well...

I never paid much attention to it tbh. I remember thinking that the white rock outside the Space Center was related to Jirachi though. I spent days trying to "unlock" Jirachi from it, but it's still a fun R/S/E memory for me. :p

SkyMew

Fun memories, hmm...

Getting Ruby and a Groudon themed GBA SP with my dad.

Planting the berries for the first time, berry blending?

Finding my first Shinies, Whismur, Zigzagoon or Linoone, a random Spinda.

An Abra that teleported away... XDD

Playing with friends who also owned Ruby or Sapphire.

Getting multiple Eon Tickets from a friend, because the nature of Latias wasn't good enough D::

Getting multiple Jirachi's for the same reason from Pokémon Channel. I was such a greedy kid. XD

It's been a great generation. I still have some multiple TM's left from earlier saves, thanks to Pokémon Box.

I no longer have the Shinies mentioned above.

But those are some great memories. :3

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
My best was coming across a shiny Tentacool in the many Tentacool I faced swimming from Mossdeep to the League. I had forgotten to restock on Repels. Sadly that Tentacool isn't around anymore as I lost my Ruby cartridge

Thepokehustler

PokeHustler
finishing the game and being kinda sad i did it so quick and realised i should have slowed down a bit. :)

Aquarelle

Staff member
I remember when I finished the game for the first time (on Ruby). I was at a friend's house and went through the Elite Four with my friend watching me. The battles were pretty tough for me, especially since I was seeing some of the Pokemon for the very first time (had *no clue* what type Cradily was supposed to be at the time). Defeating Steven made me pretty happy.
And then, I found Latios for the first time shortly after. =)

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Getting my jolly swampert to Lv 100
Countless playthroughs, with majority of the entire hoenn Pokedex used as ingame teams
Thinking my game broke because I saw a shiny spinda

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hmm... It was the BGM from RSE. It was nostalgic and reminded me of those games (the trumpets).

Aquarelle

Staff member
Getting shiny whismur
And infected by pokerus...
What a luck dude
Both of these things happened to me as well.
I encountered a shiny Whismur in the Rusturf Tunnel on my main Emerald and successfully caught it, which was awesome.

I got Pokerus on Emerald as well, not too long after I learned about it. I lost the Pokerus after not storing my infected Pokemon in the PC, but fortunately I caught it again just a few months ago. :D

Xena

Warrior Princess
My friend was playing my Ruby version since he didn't have Ruby or Sapphire yet, and he said "this wild Numel looks like it's the wrong colour!" I took a look at it, and thought that this Numel with a blue back looked odd but it must be normal, right?! I had a little gaming book that had a list of all the new 3rd generation Pokemon, so we looked up Numel and saw that he was supposed to have a green back! We thought it might have been a glitch, and caught him. I think it was via Serebii that I learned what shiny Pokemon were. That Numel was the first shiny I found, and didn't find another one until ~ten years later when I found a shiny Sawsbuck in Platinum.

One thing I loved was venturing to the volcano area and running around, removing the soot from the long grass.

I also loved to put my character inside the "hot sand" next to the hot spring. I imagined being comfortable and toasty under it!

Another environmental thing I loved was the area to the South East of Fortree town. Loved the new tall grass, the puddles and the rain.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Probably when I caught a Shiny Duskull on Ruby. I sort of freaked out when I saw the odd color. Didn't know what Shiny were back then.
Surprisingly, I also caught a Shiny Whismur on Emerald, which got lost between moving Pokemon from Ruby to Emerald, to Diamond, to Platinum.

I used to role-play and imagine myself travelling in the game a lot, it was fun. Made stories and everything.

Nothing can ever trump the Sootopolis Rayquaza scene. Man, the goosebumps.. Epic.

I used to have a competition with my bestfriend/rival. Who could get their MainSix to Lvl 100 before facing the E4. Probably the thing that made me memorize the game top to bottom.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nothing can ever trump the Sootopolis Rayquaza scene. Man, the goosebumps.. Epic.

I also remember the famous Rayquaza cutscene in Emerald and it was certainly epic and nostalgic, particularly the background music as the cutscene progressed. Sky Pillar in ORAS certainly made me look back into it.

c1234

Trainer Since '98
I remember ordering a copy of Ruby from Japan before it came out in America and making all my friends jealous.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I remember ordering a copy of Ruby from Japan before it came out in America and making all my friends jealous.

I played the Japanese Sapphire months before the U.S. release since my friend had it. It felt exciting to play through the game even though I didn't know Japanese. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.