• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Memory in Pokemon.

MrJechgo

Winning a Mew with a Toys'R'Us sticker card :)

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Beating this jerk in a double battle with my ignore team of

Krookodile

Greninja

Talonflame

Charizard Y

Lucario

Lapras

Against his team of legendaries.None of my Pokemon were competitively trained.

Catching my first full odds shiny in Black Version (A Venipede)

Completing the Pokedex in Lets Go.

Getting my first full competitive shiny team in Lets Go (Haven't lost a Battle Yet with that Team)

Beating my biggest Rival in a 6V6 Battle in X and Y

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
After playing Pokemon for 24 years I'd say my some of my best and strongest memories:

1-A. Playing all of Pokemon: Black and White Version for the first time. Lots of people in my class were playing it so everyday we'd discuss our recent adventures and discoveries. Everything about the game was perfect from the characters, story, and region.
1-B. Crossing the Skyarrow Bridge and entering Castelia City for the first time. Back in 2011 I was blown away at how lively the city was with NPC's wandering about and how large the city felt. To this day I still enjoy listening to musical theme since it's so catchy.
1-C. Getting my whole team up to level 100 which consisted of Serperior, Emboar, Samurott, Unfezant, Krookodile, Zoroark, and Zekrom.

2. Completing the Alola Pokedex in Pokemon: Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Version. This was the first time in my life that I actually completed a Pokedex. It might be a digital certificate but I feel like I've accomplished something great!

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
Two stick out to me in particular.

- First was when I was really young. I was eating out with the family one night (It was Dairy Queen and we ate in the vehicle), and I was playing FireRed rather mindlessly. As I started a random encounter, I started staring off into space while eating again. Suddenly, I heard a sparkling sound come from the game.

It was a shiny Spearow.

Needless to say, I was ecstatic at the time and quickly caught it. Since then, it has evolved and has been transferred forward to I think Ultra Sun.

- Second memory was a ways forward, in the previously mentioned Ultra Sun. Everyone remembers the Rainbow Rocket episode, right? Well, I decided to go nuts with it by tackling it with a team made up entirely of Pokémon I used in past games. They were:

- Infernape, from Diamond
- Eelektross, from White
- Hydreigon, also from White, though they weren't part of my in-game team there and was someone I trained as my own little dedicated side-project.
- Dragalge, from Y
- Wishiwashi, from Sun
- Kyogre, from Alpha Sapphire

It was probably my favorite team that I've ever thrown together, and it lead to pretty fun face-offs such as Hydreigon versus Lysandre's Mega Gyarados and Primal Kyogre versus Giovanni's Mega Mewtwo.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Two stick out to me in particular.

- First was when I was really young. I was eating out with the family one night (It was Dairy Queen and we ate in the vehicle), and I was playing FireRed rather mindlessly. As I started a random encounter, I started staring off into space while eating again. Suddenly, I heard a sparkling sound come from the game.

It was a shiny Spearow.

Needless to say, I was ecstatic at the time and quickly caught it. Since then, it has evolved and has been transferred forward to I think Ultra Sun.

- Second memory was a ways forward, in the previously mentioned Ultra Sun. Everyone remembers the Rainbow Rocket episode, right? Well, I decided to go nuts with it by tackling it with a team made up entirely of Pokémon I used in past games. They were:

- Infernape, from Diamond
- Eelektross, from White
- Hydreigon, also from White, though they weren't part of my in-game team there and was someone I trained as my own little dedicated side-project.
- Dragalge, from Y
- Wishiwashi, from Sun
- Kyogre, from Alpha Sapphire

It was probably my favorite team that I've ever thrown together, and it lead to pretty fun face-offs such as Hydreigon versus Lysandre's Mega Gyarados and Primal Kyogre versus Giovanni's Mega Mewtwo.
I should try that sometime.I would use

Emboar,from Black

Mega Gengar,From Y

Breloom From Onega Ruby

Shiny Scolipede From Black

Torterra from Platnium

Ampharos,From Heart gold.

Now I wanna replay Ultra sun and use this team

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I was in middle school when Generation I began. As I was given a glass of orange juice to drink before going to school each day, I always sensed a bit of orange juice in my throat in the morning, when I'd play Pokémon Yellow. (Pokémon Pinball was my first Pokémon game, actually.) As a result, the sensation of orange juice in my throat would occasioanlly bring back memories of playing through those games, especially the music and the sense of exploration I rarely saw in games at that point, as I stuck mostly to platformers.

The other is a Generation IV moment, when I used Mawile (remember that this was before Mega Evolution) to defeat an opponent's Togekiss by concealed information. Togekiss, back then, was a Normal/Flying, so its use of Roost would revert it back to pure Normal temporarily. I took advantage of that by predicting when it would use Roost, then threw out a Focus Punch, a move I hadn't used in that battle prior (so my opponent didn't know about it), knocking out Togekiss and winning the battle. All the pieces came together in such a satisfactory way.

KingstonUponHulbury

So many! I guess they broadly fall into two camps; competitive and personal.

My prime competitive memory was when I topped the Showdown Random ladder for the first time, with (Mega) Pinsir - my all-time favourite since circa 1999. It tanked a Stone Edge with 7HP remaining, and went on to land a winning critical hit Return after being Intimidated by the opponent's Granbull. Anime protagonist stuff.

At university, I narrowly missed out on joining that year's Elite Four and was the first challenger at the first opportunity. The final member to beat was Water, and I maintain that he was likely the best player the society had ever seen (I'm still excellent friends with him). I got off to a good start, but we quickly found ourselves in a predictable loop, to his advantage - I couldn't break through his Gyarados with my primarily physical team and it would inflict stinging hits every time we went through the motions of the loop. I was saved by the atrocious movepool of Gen V Escavlier; it was so appalling that I was running Toxic on my team's Choice Band user! Gyarados ended up badly poisoned when it switched in to shut Escavlier down for the fourth time and the game - and title - were mine.

A minor but extremely satisfying memory was in a fairly high-level Random match. My opponent had a fast and bulky Substitute user (something like Arceus or Articuno) that would sweep me if it could set up a Substitute. I had a passive Toxic user that poisoned one of his other team members... and I immediately selected Toxic again. They switched in their win condition, reasonably anticipating a weak attack or any move other than Toxic, and I won that one, too. Toxic's a great move.

On a more personal level, I picked up Heartgold on the first day of a family caravan holiday to Berwick upon Tweed, on the Scottish border. The weather was so miserable that we spent the vast majority of the week cooped up inside, fire on full blast and generally enjoying each others' company. I loved Gen 2 and so I loved Heartgold; I remember thinking the pond just to the north of Cherrygrove was so beautiful.

My final memory is of the university Pokémon society again. After each bi-weekly meeting, we'd head over to the house of several of the leading members and opine on the merits of Smogon vs VGC banlists, the veracity of Gen 6 spoilers, create our own 'cool wall' and more, over takeaway pizza or curry. There was one evening when there was around ten of us packed into a tiny sitting room, squatting on armchairs, office chairs, sofas, beanbags, tables and the floor, watching the full Genesis of the Daleks - that's my abiding memory of all my university friendships.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Love threads like these. Nice seeing how Pokémon impacts everyone's lives.

I have a few memories of my own:
*Beating Cynthia's Garchomp with my Infernape on 10 HP. I had a decent lead against her after frustrated that nothing could hit her Spiritomb for super effective damage. It was down to her Garchomp vs my Infernape, Staraptor, and Luxray. My Luxray didn't outspeed and got one shot by EQ. Staraptor got off an impressive Brave Bird before falling to Dragon Rush.

It was down to our final Pokémon. For some context, I have a group of friends who had the games before me and told me of how terrifying she was. I knew I had to go all out so I went for Close Combat even I knew I'd fall to EQ. But I survived somehow!T it hit me: both Luxray and Staraptor had Intimidate so it had lowered Attack. After exchanges blow that turn, I was left with 10 HP while she was around 1/4. I didn't have any more PP for CC so I went for Mach Punch thinking I was going to lose. I didn't realize priority was a thing so I was shocked as I outsped her and, to make it better, got a critical hit to finish it off! My Diamond team will always be my best thanks to this.

*Playing XY after a somewhat difficult time in my life. It wasn't anything life-threatening but I was extremely exhausted and stressed to the point where I completely missed all of XY's prerelease cycle. So when I got the game, I went in completely blind. I stayed up for a little over two days just playing through Kalos. The childlike wonder and pure enjoyment of seeing this new region is why I refuse to see XY as bad games.

*Playing ORAS with my best friend. He was already done with the games by the time I got it so he insisted we battled when I finished. After completing the Delta Episode, I had a battle with him. I was still mostly in the dark on the new battle mechanics so he beat me. This motivated me to grind the Masion and optimize my team to beat him. Around the time SM were announced, we decided to have one more battle to settle the score. I ended winning but the time spent training up to it was fun.

*Don't know if this counts, but Incineroar being revealed for Smash and shutting down the Grinch Leak. Went into the Direct with my best friend taunting me for not having my most wanted character in (he's a Geno guy) and I was still skeptical but I was ready to accept defeat. Ken's reveal had me pretty much give up so I looked away to text another friend (who was watching the Direct in a lecture lol) so I didn't see the cut to his eyes in the shadow though I doubt I would've connected the dots instantly. When I look back, I see a figure jump into the ring and I see the fire belt. In my head, I'm like "no way". Then the splash screen: Incineroar Enters The Ring! I instantly lose my chill and just start cheering loudly. My friend is just shocked while I'm looking like a maniac. That rush of energy will never be matched. A similar thing happened with Ash's Incineroar in the anime.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Beating this jerk in a double battle with my ignore team of

Krookodile

Greninja

Talonflame

Charizard Y

Lucario

Lapras

Against his team of legendaries.None of my Pokemon were competitively trained.

Catching my first full odds shiny in Black Version (A Venipede)

Completing the Pokedex in Lets Go.

Getting my first full competitive shiny team in Lets Go (Haven't lost a Battle Yet with that Team)

Beating my biggest Rival in a 6V6 Battle in X and Y
Nice! Had a similar memory. Beat a jerk in a battle in Pokemon Red at a Toys R Us. To say he was angry afterwards would be an understatement.

As for memories...

When I first ran into my shiny Pidgey in Silver version.

When I got a Mew from a Toys R Us event.

Last edited:

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Nice! Had a similar memory. Beat a jerk in a battle in Pokemon Red at a Toys R Us. To say he was angry afterwards would be an understatement.

As for memories...

When I first ran into my shiny Pudgy in Silver version.

When I got a Mew from a Toys R Us event.
Only event Pokémon I ever got was the Torchic from Y.:(

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I still remember when I found my shiny Psyduck in Pokemon Pearl during my first playthrough. It was my second shiny ever, after kricketune in Diamond, and as Psyduck is my second favorite pokemon thanks to the anime (Wobbuffet is first for the same reason), I was so ecstatic. Just seeing that little blue duck come across the screen at night in the game was awesome. ^_^

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I still remember when I found my shiny Psyduck in Pokemon Pearl during my first playthrough. It was my second shiny ever, after kricketune in Diamond, and as Psyduck is my second favorite pokemon thanks to the anime (Wobbuffet is first for the same reason), I was so ecstatic. Just seeing that little blue duck come across the screen at night in the game was awesome. ^_^
I found one in my second save for Lets Go after inky chaining 33 I was so surprised but I can’t transfer it :(

TwilightBlade

My favourite Pokemon memory is waking up on Christmas day in the year 2000 and getting Gold as a Christmas present. It was one of my most prized possessions until the battery died like 10 years ago but the good memories remain. :]