• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Moments of Pokemon 2019

Decidueye23

As we have a 3 week break and have reached the end of Year 1 of Pokemon Journeys, lets talk about some of each of our favourate moments of the series so far.

1) The Dragonite Capture: It really caught me offguard and the sheer suprise made it all the more amazing. And the dragon is a beast!

2) Riolu's Capture: After many many years Ash finally caight this pokemon and it sure felt amazing.

3) Ash vs Bea: The way ash got destroyed in the first match was something we hadnt seen in a WHILE.

4) Chloe getting Eevee. I am very excitrd to see whats next for chloe

5) The return of the Alolan Gang.

6) Ash and Go's dynamics

This post obviosly does not contain any moments with Goh, but thats also because while i dont dislike him, i just did not find any moment that interesting about his moments in the series. No hate against Goh. Hopefully he will get more memorable moments in the future.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ash vs Bea (and hearing about Bea destroying Korrina in the same episode)
Chloe focused episodes and Chloe catching Eevee.
The Alola reunion episode (with a best girl Lillie cameo)

Red and Blue

Favorite moments of PM2019

Ash using Mimey in battle
ash catching Dragonite
Koharu catching Eevee
Ash catching Gengar
Leon vs. Raihan
Ash vs. Bea
Go catching a Pikachu
The eating contest
Ash vs. Korrina
The Alola reunion

Last edited:

Sword master zacian

My favourite moments of pokemon journey
1.Ash catching dragonite
2.Ash catching gengar
3.Ash catching riolu
4.Ash vs Korrina
5.Ash vs bea
6.alolan gang reunion
7.Ash and Goh encountering zacian and zamazenta for first time in slumbering weald
8.Chloe catching eevee
9.Goh getting eternatus

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Episode 2
Scorbunny chasing Goh and the Nickit farewell
The number of Pokemon Goh catches, and any scene showing them interacting in the lab
Flute cup episode
Raichu vs. Pikachu and Gengar
Episode 21 and 23 (mentors and civil war)
Episode 26 (Magicarp)
Episode 32 and 33 (Tokio and Koromi)
Bea's introduction
Flygon and Aerodactyl captures (battle captures)
Goh interacting with characters when Ash isn't around (Alola gang, Sonia+Magnolia, Koharu, etc.)
Koharu's development
Episodes focusing on Goh/Koharu's families or Delia.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Ash winning the Battle Frontier Cup, Ash bonding with Dragonair and its evolution, Ash vs. Leon, Gengar doing what it had to do in the Visquez battle, Scorbunny evolving, the whole Slowking episode, both instances of Ash vs. Bea, the Lillie/Gladion scene, Kiawe and Go’s beef, Go catching Flygon, and the parallels between Koharu and Eevee are moments that I think stood out the most due to direction, writing, and animation; or all three.

Though I’m sure there’s some cute slice-of-life scene that’s better than all of these combined (Ash being hilarious with that apple in the Farewell Raboot episode comes to mind).

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
We doing lists?

Well, I like episode 1 for exploring something I've always wanted: Pikachu's secret origin.

Episode 2 was great for setting up Ash's and Goh's friendship.

Episodes 4 and 5 are great because of Scorbunny. Such a likeable critter we lost too soon

Dragonite's capture

Scorbunny's evolution episode duo the really good gags TR had there. First time I found them funny.

The Raboot farewell

Goh's Sobble being captured by Goh

Cinderace hugging Goh after evolving. Only thing I really like from the SwSh arc

The Eevee being captured by Chloe episode.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
In no particular order:

- Dragonair evolving, growing hands and saving Ash. Ash getting Dragonite. Loved it.
- Gengar's debut, backstory and capture. I liked everything about it.
- Introduction of Ash's new goal and Pikachu Dynamaxing for the first time. I loved seeing that, and how difficult it was for Pikachu to get used to its new form.
- Chloe/Eevee episode. Basically every Chloe moment in this series.
- The Flygon raid battle.
- Return to Alola.
- Bea's debut and appearances, as well as her fights with Ash.
- Riolu's debut and capture.

Mew29240

No specific order:

1. Ash & Gou Riding Lugia: Loved the animation and the music behind it. It was one heck of a first meeting!

2. Most Chloe Moments: She's an interesting character and I'm looking forward to seeing more of her in the upcoming episodes.

3. Alola Reunion: Loved Alola and it was great seeing the cast again (with Lillie & Gladion cameos, too). I also really liked how Lillie mentioned Ash in her letter despite not knowing he'd be there to hear it.

4. Raboot Evolving into CInderace: I especially loved how Gou and Cinderace hugged after winning the battle, it was so cute!

5. Dragonite and Gengar Capture Episodes: Loved their interactions with Ash. I hope to see much more of them in the upcoming episodes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I really liked the battle between Dande and Wataru even if it was predominantly a way to get Satoshi excited for the World Championships. I also appreciated the Tokio episode since it gave Gou a chance to develop without Satoshi being around as the awkward third wheel. The Bug-type catching spree episode was also a lot of fun, and I hope we'll get more episodes like that in 2021.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Oh boy I have a lot
The Pikachu origin episode was something I loved because pichu evolving into Pikachu was so well done!
Ash and Goh's friendship and dynamic has been incredibly fun to watch! Such an amazing duo and such great chemistry
Ash officially revealed to be the trainer of mimey and winning the flute cup with it
Ash catching dragonite was such a WTF moment and the true game changer for this series, it really kick-started the massive hype for this series
Chloe as a character and all her episodes have been a treat
Gengar was so hype with such an amazing backstory
Leon Vs Lance was FANTASTIC
Ash having such a high stake goal
That Visquez and Bea battles have been amazing
Goh's characters being explored whether it be the cubone episode or the Tokio episode or the Flygon episode
Riolu! Idc what anyone says I loved ash finally getting one, all the cute moments with it and it evolving into lucario !
Scorbunny arc from evolving to Raboot and it's angst with Goh to Goh understanding it to them working together, finally resulting in Cinderace was fantastic to watch
Ash getting G. Farfetch'd for me was so hype coz ever since it was first REVEALED I always thought Sirfetch'd is such an ash Mon
Ash Vs Korrina was hype!
In general all continuity moments which Journeys has blessed us with
My fav so far though has to be the Alola reunion episode! It was FANTASTIC and stayed true to the themes of SM
I really loved the Darkest day arc
Seeing Mewtwo again was amazing too!

All in all while Journeys does have problems like lack of gengar and Farfetch'd, ash's goal not being expanded too much, episodes not following a cohesive story arc at times, I have enjoyed this first year so much and it has so many amazing moments and I'm pretty sure the most hype first year of any other anipoke series! Can't wait for Year 2 :)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
All the Ash battle episodes have been great especially the Bea episodes even if Riolu got a whole lot of focus in those. Oh and Pikachu's jealousy episode was fun too. :D

The Goh episodes where he gets to do more than just catch random mons have been tolerable too.
Oh how could I forget ep30
Even tho so many people hated it I absolutely LOVED that episode it was so cute
Delia and Ash singing was also incredibly wholesome

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
-Alola Episode and other instances of continuity (especially seeing Mimey doing somewhat and Ash’s Incineroar)
-Go getting Scorbunny
-Scrobunny evolving into Raboot
-Raboot evolving into Cinderace
-All of Ash’s captures: don’t like most of the Pokémon themselves but the build up for them were all great
-Ash in the Slowking episode
-GMax Centiskorch vs Ash
-Seeing all of the new Galar Pokémon/characters

Admittedly I had a lukewarm experience with the first year but the latest couple of episodes give me hope for year 2

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
-Alola Episode and other instances of continuity (especially seeing Mimey doing somewhat and Ash’s Incineroar)
-Go getting Scorbunny
-Scrobunny evolving into Raboot
-Raboot evolving into Cinderace
-All of Ash’s captures: don’t like most of the Pokémon themselves but the build up for them were all great
-Ash in the Slowking episode
-GMax Centiskorch vs Ash
-Seeing all of the new Galar Pokémon/characters

Admittedly I had a lukewarm experience with the first year but the latest couple of episodes give me hope for year 2
How can I forget the infamous acid trip that was Ep26 haha :p