• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best/ most interesting eviolite users around?

Throhlurk

Extremespeeder
The eviolite. It has given NFE Pokemon new competitive life, but which ones use it best? I of course know Chansey, Porygon 2, scyther, golbat, ferroseed and piloswine, but who else is there? I for one Lile using shelgon. What about you?

Chandelure181

Wait, whut?
I think pretty interesting is Hippopotas who has Sand Stream
With Eviolite it has some decent defenses
Might be worth taking a closer look

Final

I Submit to No One
@ Chandelure181: I'd always stick to Hippowdon over Hippopotas in any tier both are allowed. Even after Eviolite, Hippowdon is still bulkier overall. Not to mention it can actually damage stuff. In an environment Hippowdon isn't allowed it would be useable.

If there was any 1 Pokemon Eviolite was made for, it would have to be Porygon2. Unlike most Eviolite users, it has proper offensive capabilities so it can finish stuff off in a pinch if needed as well as reliable instant recovery, a cool ability in Trace and most importantly, amazing bulk. Dusclops also becomes much bulkier than its evolved form too.

Honestly, only Porygon2, Dusclops or Chansey warrant Eviolite usage, and the latter hates the lack of Leftovers recovery. Anything else just seems to be a bid for "originality", and are generally poorer than their evolved forms.

Don't forget Lickitung. With it's reasonable bulk, it can be more effective than Lickilicky. Plus, it has a great movepool to abuse while it withstands the opponent's hits.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Its crap. What are you going to do, Featherdance your opponent to death?

I take it Toxic/Roost is just dead weight then? Night Shade/Foul Play technically could be an option on him too.

Chansey, Dusclops, Porygon2 are the prime guys. Other considerations for UU/RU are Murkrow, Togetic, Rhydon (iffy on this one), Hippopotas, and Gligar. Best Eviolite users I would say need to have their own means of Reliable recovery, and even then it's tricky.

You guys seem to be of the assumption that slightly higher defenses completely alter a Pokemons tiering. That's just plain stupid.

Prankster Murkrow seems ok on paper, but in practice, it is absolutely horrendous. The other Pokemon you mentioned either won't be able to do any damage, or will be defeated before they can even attack. The only other reasonable suggestion there would be Gligar, and Hippopotas solely for infinite Sandstorm in UU.

Cometk

west side
Its crap. What are you going to do, Featherdance your opponent to death?

Hey, don't hate! A set with Mean Look / Perish Song / Substitute / Roost actually works to a decent effect. Admittedly it's not that good but it's fun to use when not laddering for things like voting requirements.

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
The ones you see most often are usually Chansey, Hippopotas, and Dusclops. I have seen some confusing ones though, such as Warturtle, Vibrava, and even Roselia.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I've been using a Wartortle, and it is suprizingly fun.

Fake Out
Hydro Pump
Mirror Coat
Rapid Spin/Ice Beam

albeit's nothing awsome in Comptitive land.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
You guys seem to be of the assumption that slightly higher defenses completely alter a Pokemons tiering. That's just plain stupid.

Well it's not like anything sans the 3 we know about now are going to break the metagame, but they're certainly more viable in lower Tiers than they were before.

I've been using a Wartortle, and it is suprizingly fun.

Fake Out
Hydro Pump
Mirror Coat
Rapid Spin/Ice Beam

albeit's nothing awsome in Comptitive land.

Just noticed Mirror Coat, and I'm going to have to say that with the right prediction an Eviolite Counter/Mirror Coat Pokemon would be Fun. Sure, Wynaut's usually the Pokemon of choice, but why not other things like Marshtomp or Wartortle?

Novan_Hero

omnomnomnom
shelmet under rain
rhydon's defences skyrockets

HEY Murkrow is actually really good if used right.
252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Ability:prankster
Nature:Careful (+SDef, -SAtk)
-Featherdance
-Roost
-Toxic
-Taunt
Pure Trollage.