• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best/ most interesting eviolite users around?

Blayd

Grrrr!
Porygon 2 takes the title for the best, hands down.

Gligar, Chansey, Duosion and Tangela also work.

As for the most intersting, I'd say Arceus

Grim712

'New Guy'
Considering Meganium is primarily a support pokemon, would Bayleef be a good eviolite user? looking at base stats it has, after the eviolite boost 120 in both defenses and has base 60 hp, and Meganium has base 100 defenses and base 80 hp, so are they too similar for bayleef to take up the job or does bayleef have a shot?
Am I calculating the eviolite boosts correctly?

Sorry the post is a bit messy, I'm tired so I hope people can decipher this.

Blayd

Grrrr!
Considering Meganium is primarily a support pokemon, would Bayleef be a good eviolite user? looking at base stats it has, after the eviolite boost 120 in both defenses and has base 60 hp, and Meganium has base 100 defenses and base 80 hp, so are they too similar for bayleef to take up the job or does bayleef have a shot?
Am I calculating the eviolite boosts correctly?

Sorry the post is a bit messy, I'm tired so I hope people can decipher this.
Yeah. That sounds about right.

However, the stats are just too similar, and considering Meganium can take advantage of higher sp.atk and leftovers, I'd say he's better.

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
I have an Evoilite Porygon2 which works great, For me that was the best one. I have never tried other ones though.

Grim712

'New Guy'
Fraxure could be interesting, with it's high attack and 105/75 defenses, could it be usable or does it's low speed and low hp let it down?

ASB

Weather Team Hater
Gurdurr gets more bulk than Conkeldurr on both sides (less HP and higher defenses mean it gets more out of Drain Punch's recovery, coming off base 105 power as opposed to base 140 for Conkeldurr). All Gurdurr really loses is Lefties and some attack, but with the increased bulk, it might be able to compensate for the attack loss by fitting in more boosts. I'm unsure whether all this is worth it for losing lefties and unboosted raw RKing power though. Any opinions?

aavr1992

Johto Dominator
Eviolite

I've had really good luck with rhydon and magneton.
rhydon's attack ended at 394, and i bred him with thunder fang, so the slight hp/attack loss is not a huge crippler, and he is almost impossible to one-hit unboosted. i've had really good battles using him.

magneton's special capped at 372, plus a higher base speed than magnezone, and only a 25 point difference in final special, plus the 315 or so defenses make magneton a monster in a sandstorm.

Grim712

'New Guy'
How about a defensive subseed Lombre? It has 5 more in both defenses and while it has lower offensive stats, being a defensive set it doesn't need them, unless you are worried about taunt. It has lower HP but at the rate it gains from recovery it shouldn't really matter, would the extra 5 points to the base defenses make much of a difference?

dragontamer98

Modern Genocide
I've found that Eviolite Golbat is underestimated and can take more hits than you'd think. It has Super Fang and Toxic to stall stuff to death, and Roost. I also find the that he gets Poison Fang interesting, it is the only move in the game with the side effect to badly poison. And it gets STAB \m/ xD

Heavenly Mikaru

EX and WHY are hot!
Has anyone ever tried to use an evoilte Seadra?
Its physical defenses are pretty good... (can't say much about special defense...)
so can it help Seadra become better or no?

archeopsdan

first of all golbat does work ive tried it, however seadra doesnt due to poor stats and no recovery etc.

however a first gen noone thought of using:

gloom@evolite
bold, chlorophyll
252 Hp, 108 Def, 148 Sp.def
-leech seed
-moonlight
-giga drain
-sleep powder

the tank of unexpected and eventual doom(if they are not a grass type or get crits too frequently) uses leech seed to drain health(haha jellicent, chansey and blissey) for recovery, moonlight provides mega recovery, espcially in the sun, giga drain prevents taunt baiting and more health regain, finally sleep powder pisses them off alot. these EV's give him 324, 335, 335 which makes him a bit of a tank

archeopsdan

first of all golbat will work, as ive used it however seadra wont due to poor stats

heres something noone thought of:
gloom@evolite
bold, chlorophyll
252 Hp, 108 Def, 148 Sp.def
-leech seed
-moonlight
-giga drain
-sleep powder

the tank of unexpected and eventual doom(if they are not a grass type or get crits too frequently) uses leech seed to drain health(haha jellicent, chansey and blissey) for recovery, moonlight provides mega recovery, espcially in the sun, giga drain prevents taunt baiting and more health regain, finally sleep powder pisses them off alot

Haru Glory

Rave Master
Well, I'm trying an Eviolite Seadra in PO, and tbh works very well.

Here's my set:

Seadra @ Eviolite
Trait: Poison Point
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
EVs: 60 HP/196 SpA/252 SpD
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Signal Beam

Dragon Pulse and Surf are strong STAB moves.
Ice Beam helps for Dragons along DP, and is useful for Gliscor and Landorus, you know the drill.
Signal Beam for coverage against Grass-types, also helps for Psychic and Dark-types.

tednugent1

Vigoroth@Eviolite
Impish
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Return
Slack Off
Encore
Bulk Up

Eh?

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Forget chansey, im training a duskull right now(in diamond), to trade over. Ive always liked dusclops and used him in Sapphire(in game), evoilite gives me a chance to use him competitively(which for me for the moment at least is super singles).

Haru Glory

Rave Master
Vigoroth@Eviolite
Careful
184 HP/196 Atk/56 Def/72 SpD
Retaliate
Slack Off
Shadow Claw
Bulk Up

Eh?

You should change the Nature and EV spread first, to make it bulkier but still effective with damaging. A Careful nature to raise his poor Sp. Defense.
And, as for the moves, go with Retaliate and Shadow Claw over Return and Encore: the first is more powerful, with a 105 STABbed power, and caps at 210 if used after a KO of yours; Shadow Claw to cover Ghost-types, and to do some damage to Steel and Rock-types.

tednugent1

I've heard people using Facade as the attacking move of choice actually.

Why Retaliate over Return? Return hits harder, more consistently.