• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best/ most interesting eviolite users around?

bugcatchersdream

is not a moron
CB Trapinch is best on Trick Room teams. It's such a good revenge killer, it's not even funny. And can someone explain to me how something with base 10 Speed get Quick Attack?

Ilan

CB Trapinch is best on Trick Room teams. It's such a good revenge killer, it's not even funny. And can someone explain to me how something with base 10 Speed get Quick Attack?

Maybe he jumps fast or something :X

TR on LC I hope.

Zachmac

Back when I was a noob, I got swept by a choice band Trapinch in TR.....my team was really rock weak.

Back when I was a noob, I got swept by a choice band Trapinch in TR.....my team was really rock weak.

On the topic of Eviolite users, I've had success with an Eviolite Gloom in OU. Yes, an Eviolite Gloom. 4HKOd by Choice Band Terrakion CC, and only 2HKOd a third of the time by its Stone Edge. Semi-reliable recovery in Moonlight, a myriad of status options, and surprising bulk.

Zachmac

I have had some success with eviolite metang in NU. I ran Rest/Hone Claws/Earthquake/Meteor Mash.

Of course, I'm pretty bad at lower tiers, so I'm not really sure how good that really is.

On the topic of Eviolite users, I've had success with an Eviolite Gloom in OU. Yes, an Eviolite Gloom. 4HKOd by Choice Band Terrakion CC, and only 2HKOd a third of the time by its Stone Edge. Semi-reliable recovery in Moonlight, a myriad of status options, and surprising bulk.

Evolite Tangela is never 2HKOd by CB Terrakion. :p

Well, that is, unless you use a 4 SpA Naive CB Terrakion with HP Fire in the Sun, but that's just weird.

Evolite Tangela is never 2HKOd by CB Terrakion. :p

Well, that is, unless you use a 4 SpA Naive CB Terrakion with HP Fire in the Sun, but that's just weird.

Eviolite Gloom has better special bulk and can absorb Toxic Spikes.

As for other Eviolite users, you can't ignore Dragonair. Shed Skin combined with Rest provides good healing as it consistently Dragon Dances up and then sweeps. Only for lower tiers though.

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
I love Dusclops. It's base defenses with the Eviolite make it only outclassed by Shuckle, but Dusclops actually has a form of recovery... kind of. Pain Split. Which is better than Shuckle who has only Rest. Also Dusclops can use Will-o-Wisp, which just makes it so much better because physical attacks can't hurt as much. Plus it resists one of the most common move types in the metagame.

It's more useful for LC. I mean, imagine a Wynaut with an Eviolite. Although, Leftovers is probably better.

I just want to conclude saying SHUCKLE CAN NOT HAVE AN EVOLVED FORM EVER!

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Dusclops isn't allowed in LC, if that's what you meant?

Palkia98

Grotle might work well with eviolite,

Grotle@ Eviolite
Impish 252 hp/ 148 atk/ 108 def
~Leaf Storm
~Substitute
~Seed Bomb
~Crunch/ Stealth Rock / curse

Grotle might work well with eviolite,

Grotle@ Eviolite
Impish 252 hp/ 148 atk/ 108 def
~Leaf Storm
~Substitute
~Seed Bomb
~Crunch/ Stealth Rock / curse

The problem with Grotle is that besides Middle Cup, there's not a single tier that it can play in where Torterra isn't also. Torterra pretty much outlasses it with greater power, STAB Earthquake, the ability to hold Leftovers, and more speed, which is pretty useful for a Rock Polish set. In addition, Tangela is a better Grass type Eviolite abuser since it has better overall defenses, again more power and speed, and Regenerator.

Ciliano

Say what you will, but Eviolite Chingling is one of my favorites.

Zachmac

Say what you will, but Eviolite Chingling is one of my favorites.
delibird's defenses... he is horrible
also he doesn't have anything going for it
How does that have anything to do with chingling?
I just want to conclude saying SHUCKLE CAN NOT HAVE AN EVOLVED FORM EVER!
Yeah, it's defenses are great, but look at it's movepool. It's set up bait for ever steel type out there(and in OU, there is a lot of steel types), Venusaur, or anything that has substitutes, so offense will laugh in it's face. And stall teams will simply stack up hazards with Ferrothorn/Skarmory/Forretress/Tentacruel and then simply phaze it until it runs out of health. Even if it recovers with rest, phazing it will reset it.

Ilan

How does that have anything to do with chingling?Yeah, it's defenses are great, but look at it's movepool. It's set up bait for ever steel type out there(and in OU, there is a lot of steel types), Venusaur, or anything that has substitutes, so offense will laugh in it's face. And stall teams will simply stack up hazards with Ferrothorn/Skarmory/Forretress/Tentacruel and then simply phaze it until it runs out of health. Even if it recovers with rest, phazing it will reset it.

I meant he have horrible defenses only 45/50/50 (close to delibirds' bulk) and he don't have any special traits..
Just eviolite won't save it.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Tangela is a great Eviolite user, one of the best counters to CB/CS Terrakion out there really.

Jhzaeth

Kind of a big deal
I'm not really clued up on this... but how about Magneton? Would give it decent bulk and Magnezone has only a 10 point increase in Sp.A.

Zachmac

I'm not really clued up on this... but how about Magneton? Would give it decent bulk and Magnezone has only a 10 point increase in Sp.A.
Already thought of. It misses out on leftovers, which would it would really miss on the substitute sets and the choiced sets...well, they won't even work with the eviolite.

It works, but there isn't really any point IMO.
I meant he have horrible defenses only 45/50/50 (close to delibirds' bulk) and he don't have any special traits..
Just eviolite won't save it.
Ah, okay. You weren't very clear.

Well, I didn't really check Chinglings defenses, but if that's true, you're probably right.