• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best/ most interesting eviolite users around?

Duosion takes hits far worse than Reuniclus even with the Evolite. 10-25% higher defenses (depending on EVs) can not make up for 33% more HP and the use of Leftovers. Lickitung, Rhydon, Magneton, Munchlax, Mantyke, Wartortle and Tangela have similar problems.. sure the defenses are good, but not really any better than the evolution, not to mention the loss of attack in most cases. To be a good Evolite user you don't just need good stats, you need to be able to out perform the evolution WITHOUT an item.

Porygon 2, Dusclops and Chansey are the only viable OU Eviolite users that I've seen because they have defenses SO GOOD it can overcome the faults of not having an item and far surpass the next form. However the Spikes, Sandstorm and Reunicles on so many teams does not make a friendly metagame for them.

Eviolite is very good in lower tiers. Gligar, Roselia, Shelgon and others are viable where their adult forms are not.

Edit: Its not usable at all, but Intimidate Eviolite Herdier has approximately as much physical durability as Regirock. It takes 81% max from a Lucario Close Combat.. though this is only about 12% better than its Evolution.

DragonSkull94

The Heartless Hero
It's amazing how much Porygon2 can survive with Eviolite, so I think that P2 is the best user of it.

Other good users include Dusclops as he is now flat out better that Dusknoir. Chansey is also boss, and maybe Murkrow if used correctly.

BlazingCold

Chansey. It walls much better than Blissey for me.

Zweilous and Whirlipede are good eviolite users

Grim712

'New Guy'
Although setting it up is a bit of a gimmick, would using soak on dusclops make dusclops any better than it as a ghost type? I personally have only ever used dusclops as a cursing water type, how does it compare to other eviolite users? my spread is 252HP 252SpD 4Def

takbir10

Banned
boldore

it makes its defence ODE BEAST plus its attack is still pretty good

Guildenstarn

That Guy
Golbat everyday man. 4x resist to fighting, grass, and bug, with about 300/400/350 defenses if i remember correctly. I run a set of Toxic, Roost, Meanlook, and Haze/brave Bird. Brave bird lets you beat heracross and breloom, while haze lets you beat set-up sweepers

MotherRussia

ERMAHGERD, MERGIKERP
=/ TANGELA. It's defense is already standing at around 320+, and Evoliolite boosts that EVEN FURTHER. Not to mention it's excellent ability in Regeneration. It's decent SpA can still do considerant damage without investment, especially if super-effective. It can outspeed Roobushin....errr, I mean Conk and Knock Off his Flame Orb, giving him a chance to status it with sleep. Even If Conk tries to revenge with a 1+ Mach Punch, it does little damage. Useful resistances to water, electric, and the ever so prevalent ground, it can fill a useful role as an all-purpose wall. Not to mention it's fire weakness can be exstinguished (pun intended) via Toed. With proper partners, it won't worry about it's not-so-common weaknesses.

MasterLucario

No life till leather
Best: chansey
Most interesting: Gurrdur or Dragonair. Both can serve the purpose as their fully evolved brothers, but in a lower tier.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
Definitely Porygon2 from my experiences. =( The thing just doesn't like dying. ):<

I used eviolute- swadloon, spearow, rydon, bronzor, pilowswine, and marshtomp. most of them worked well.

PokeMaster366

Gurdurr. I actually used it in online doubles, and it worked pretty well. He was also the first one to try what is, in my opinion, one of the most fearsome double/triple battle combos out there.

Xenevix

Some Guy
I use Eviolite with my Rhydon, who already has max defense then gets another boost. And it's terrible special defense gets a boost which makes a HUGE differenve.
EDIT: It seems that people use Onix and Klang quite a bit as well.

mudkips

Awwwww Yeah!
I use Eviolite with my Rhydon, who already has max defense then gets another boost. And it's terrible special defense gets a boost which makes a HUGE differenve.
EDIT: It seems that people use Onix and Klang quite a bit as well.

wow, lol ONIX AND KLANG AND RHYDON! WHAAAA? Maybe in RU, lol.
Dusclops is a very good Evolite user, i find. Same with porygon2 and chancey.
Duskinor HAS LOW HP and only slightly higher defenses than dusclops... Porygon2=COMPLETELY different role than z
Blissey is still sorta better than chancey