• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best moveset for Swampert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Trainer 619

Pokemon Trainer 619
what would be the best moveset for a swampert with a Naive nature?
Its current moves are:

- Secret power(needs replacement)
- surf
-Ice beam
- Earthquake

133tSneasel

~ Curse
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Beam / Rock Slide
~ Surf / Hydro Pump / Rest
252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpA

This Pokémon is one of the most commonly used Water-types out there, but it has some major problems. First of all, Ice Beam doesn't really hurt Skarmory or Weezing enough to deter them away. Rock Slide does absolutely nothing to them, and Surf leaves you helpless against Salamence. It's up to you to decide which move to give it to best suit your team. Regardless, Ludicolo and Celebi will own you no matter what set you have. It makes a really nice Blissey counter and you can get it in easily against the majority of things, such as Salamence, Tyranitar, and Metagross.

Like Snorlax, this Swampert is good late in the battle when the opponent's main counters have been weakened or KOed so it that can use Curse. If left as the last Pokémon, it won't have to fear enemies who use Roar or Whirlwind as their means of countering stat uppers. If you want to employ such a strategy, Rest is a good option to keep on going.

~ Hydro Pump / Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Earthquake
~ Protect / Rest / Roar
252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpA

Notorious at forcing switches, but doesn't really cause much damage to anything. If the opponent switches out due to fear of Earthquake, you can use Ice Beam on a predicted Grass type or a Water attack for the likes of Gengar and Skarmory. Hydro Pump is sometimes used since it is powerful enough to do major damage against most Gengar, but Surf is always an option for those who prefer better accuracy and more PP. Protect is there to get you Leftovers recovery (which will happen even if Sand Stream is up), and lets you scout Choice Banders as well as Explosion, especially handy for Metagross. Usually it suffices as a recovery option, as a Resting Swampert tends to lose against Dragon Dancers if it's not healed by Aromatherapy or Heal Bell. Roar can take advantage of Swampert's ability to force switches by Roaring them as they switch, causing the opponent to take two layers of Spikes damage. However, you'll really want to use this with Wish, as without Protect or Rest to heal it up, Tyranitar and Salamence will eventually wear it down.

Pokemon Trainer 619

Pokemon Trainer 619
But Swampert cannot learn Hydro pump. I also have leafgreen so i could trade and teach a move

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Mudkip learns Hydro Pump at level 42. That's the only easy way to get Hydro Pump on Swampert....I don't know about breeding, though.

Nidogod

Since it's still a natural move of Mudkip, breeding will get it on it, although since you'll be breeding a new one anyway if you plan on using hydro pump, it woudn't be at all out of your way to just breed the other moves you want and then level up for it.

Pokemon Trainer 619

Pokemon Trainer 619
my swamperts lv. 100. i cant just dump it for a lv.5 mudkip

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^
That's why Surf is listed as an option......
You can use Surf instead of Hydro Pump.

golden jirachi

Sinnoh Star!
Swampert @ leftovers

-Surf
-Earthquake
-Icebeam
-Curse

Evs: a little deopend on Defensive IVs if it ha more in sp def max our def if not do it viceversa. HP= max them out
Then divied the rest between Atk, Def, an Sp def.

Pokemon Trainer 619

Pokemon Trainer 619
my swampert knows surf, icebeam and earthquake. i really need a replacement for secret power

i think u can hep me what can be an ideal move set for a sassy swampert? cuz mine is lvl 64 and its stats are
HP 236
atk 178
def 149
sp atk 137
sp def 147
spd 93 plz
the moves it knows are
Iron tail
Earthquake
Muddy water
Waterfall

Status