• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Music in the Anime

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
What music do you all feel is the most epic, emotional, funny, etc. in the anime? I'll start off by giving my three favorite themes, all from movies:

Invitation Into Danger (Pokemon: the First Movie): Mediocre movie, but the music, MAN! Every time i hear this, I picture the three trainers heroically riding on their Gyarados, Pidgeot, and Dewgong into the storm.

Advance Adventure (Jirachi:WishMaker Version): This piece of music defines Pokemon, period. The Sinnoh episodes still use it as a battle theme now and then. Absolutely flawless piece of music.

Darkrai Theme (Rise of Darkrai): What a dark, epic theme! It's interesting they have such an evil sounding theme like this for Darkrai even though he's the good guy, but this music is great nonetheless. It was also used in "Ghoul Daze!" as Dusknoir's theme.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Many:

1) Any classic Kanto battle music. Sometimes they still play that music, the regular battle themes from Kanto always rocked.

2) Advance Adventure. Great theme, it always has an epic feel to it whenever its played in an ep.

3) Lucario's theme. Started in Movie 8, played in DP sometimes. Nice theme.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
1) The RBY Gym Theme, which has not and most likely will not ever be released onto a soundtrack CD for some reason.

2) Tears of Life: There are no words for the emotions that can be brought out after hearing this song.

3) The Guardian's Song: Same as Tears of Life, but with a more triumphant feel for it.

4) Advance Adventure Instrumental: Just a fantastic song to hear over and over.

5) Make a Wish: My favorite credits theme of all the Pokemon movies, by far.

6) The Japanese theme for the Battle Frontier saga. Not Spurt. A very upbeat song that's just fun to hear.

7) Tears, after the Cloudy Weather: Basically, Tears of Life, shortened to a minute long song.

8) The Power of One: Albeit a dub song, this is such a heartwarming song to listen to. Really associates to 2nd movie.

9) The Greatest Everyday: Fantastic upbeat song, and I really cannot wait until the full version comes out.

CliveKoopa

In no particular order:

1) Kanto Trainer Battle
2) Kanto Wild Pokemon Battle
3) Kanto Gym Leader/Lance
4) The sad music from the first episode, Bye Bye Butterfree, Charizard Chills and other episodes
5) The music what plays in the battle against Magmar in Riddle me This (a remix of the Champion music)
6) Kanto gym
7) The music what plays at the start of The Punchy Pokemon and other episodes(I believe it is called The Matter Is Settled and is played on several routes)
8) The music what plays in Princess vs Princess when Lickitung beats Vulpix

There is many other tracks I like but don't know the name of them..

For some reason, 5 and 6 was left out the Anime Sound Collection.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Only from movies, and not the theme songs, because the list would stretch.

Vacation
Catch Me If You Can
Power of One
Make a Wish
This Side of Paradise
We Will Meet Again
Together We'll Make a Promise
Oracion
I'll Always Remember You
This is a Beautiful World
ONE
One World (Movie 12 credits?)

Mostly credit songs.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
In no particular order:
1) Pokemon Johto Theme
2) Dawn's Theme
3) May's Theme
4) Battle Frontier
5) Victory Road Music
6) and the Piano music that plays before you battle Cynthia (in DPt)
7) Catch me if you can
8) Together Forever

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Hmn...(I have too many of them!)

Any classical Anime music from Kanto (for ex. To be continued, Tears after the cloudy weather etc.)
Aaron's theme- This song is awesome! It makes me go to the edge of my seat and glued to the tv (I loved it in the Riolu specials)
Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea bgm- (I like the one when they were on the voyage, also the one that I believe is called: As long as I can hold my breath)
In Destiny Deoxys- (the one that I think is called Obstinate Ash; it was in the ep. w/ Paul against Brandon when he sent out Lairon)
From the 10th movie it's definately Oracion (it was filled with hope and softness)

For themes/songs (not bgm)
Aim to be a Pokemon Master (Mesaze Pokemon Master)
Ok!
Battle Frontier
Spurt!
High Touch (+ 2009)
Greatest Everyday!

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Actual songs:
Battle Frontier. What can I say, it's my favorite song in the entire series. It just gets you pumped to watch some Pokemon!
OK! Not quite as great as Battle Frontier, but it still has the general high energy without turning into a happy-happy joy-joy song like High Touch or The Greatest Everyday!
High Touch(the original one, thank you!)/The Greatest Everyday. Oh god help me these are so overly cheery and peppy but whenever I hear one of them they're stuck in my head for days.
Chiisaki Mono. It's too breathtaking for its own good.
Spurt. Once again, not as good as Battle Frontier, but still a great song.

Background Music:
The Heroes of Houen (the AG ep preview theme, sometimes used during dramatic battle moments and whatnot. AKA the instrumental version of Advance Adventure). I actually like it better than the vocal version of Advance Adventure. I think it's the guitars.
Burning Battlefield. The best piece of Kanto battle music, imo. It's distinctive, and it does an excellent job of upping the tension in a close battle.
The old TR motto music. Oh yes.
Oracion. It's pretty.
The movie title themes. 13 variations on one theme, and I still like all of them!

Rex Kamex

Before I say mine, I'd like to ask... is there a name for these three pieces of background music? It plays during the following scenes. (All these examples are in the Japanese versions of these episodes unless said otherwise.)

PIECE ONE- some type of piano music in AG episodes

-"Gonna Rule The School"- In Rustburo City, Ash is trying to get Pikachu to learn Iron Tail.

-"Brave the Wave"- Brawly is surfing at Dewford Town and Ash is trying to get him to battle him.

-"Love at First Flight-"- The Volbeat and Illumise episode where at the beginning of the episode the Volbeat are doing a dance.

-"The Bicker the Better"- Nidoking&Queen are sent out during the double battle and May doesn't know what Pokemon to pick.

-"The Ribbon Cup Caper"- Ash and co. are talking about a Golden PokeBall (I think so that Brody can steal it.)

PIECE TWO- this played in one of the latter dub Battle Frontier contest episodes in the ninth American season.

-"Love at First Flight"- It's actually the next music that plays after "Piece One" plays in this episode. Illumise falls into the water and is drowning.

-"Balance of Power"- Ash vs. Norman. Plays when Norman calls out Slaking and Ash chooses Grovyle.

-"Rhapsody in Drew"- I think it was the first piece that played in their Grand Festival battle.

PIECE THREE

-"The Princess and the Togepi-" Misty's returned! Anyway, she's in some kind of giant blimp driven by Team Rocket, and Ash and co. have climbed a blimp rope to come rescue her.

-"The Scuffle of Legends"- A tidal wave is approaching.

"Mastermind of the Mirage Pokemon"- This is the only time I've heard this in the dub! Anyway, Mewtwo absorbs Entei/Articuno or something and uses their energy to attack.

If you don't know what music I'm talking about in any of these scenes, please don't bother looking them up. Really, it's okay. Point is, I like these pieces. I'm just trying to take a shot to see if anyone happens to know what I'm talking about. If not... oh well...

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
My favourite music would have to be.....
DUN DUN DUN DUN
DUN DUN DUN
DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN
WAH!
Ah why don't I just post it,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKU6Zm-mdD4&feature=related
There, this music is the best out of all the anime music, it fits in great with the scenes its used in.

CliveKoopa

It's on a soundtrack - it's a Japanese one if this is what you meant, it's my personal favorite as well. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd6uH15cJRM

And personally, I think all the music is good, Pokemon is known for it's catchy songs. :)

That's not what he means. He means the gym music played when you first enter a gym. That is the music when you battle gym leaders and Lance.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Theme songs?
Pokemon theme
Pokemon Johto
I Wanna Be a Hero
Battle Frontier
Battle Cry (Stand up)

B/G Music (used in emotional flashbacks)
Ash releasing Butterfree
Ash trying to release Pikachu
When Misty leaves

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Theme songs?
Pokemon theme
Pokemon Johto
I Wanna Be a Hero
Battle Frontier
Battle Cry (Stand up)

B/G Music (used in emotional flashbacks)
Ash releasing Butterfree
Ash trying to release Pikachu
When Misty leaves

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
Lugia's Song
Jigglypuff's Song
Search For The Girl
Wrapped Up In Light
Oracion
Also, some tunes that are played when TR are concocting their evil plots.

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

Okay, now that people have replied, I can list (some of) my favorite BGM pieces. Oh look, they're all Japanese...

Pokemon Anime
"Pikachu Enters"
"Chaos"
"Fighting Spirit"
"Desperate Situation"
"Matter Concluded"
"Tears, then Calm"
"I Got a Victory Badge"
"To Be Continued"

Pokemon Mewtwo Strikes Back
"FLYING Dragonite"
"The Stormy Sea"
"A Shadow Follows Team Rocket"
"Showdown! The Real Versus the Copy Pokemon"
"That Which is a Life" (This one's really dramatic. Mastermind of the Mirage Pokemon uses some of this music...)
"Miracle Tears"

Pokemon the Movie 2000
"A Planetary Beat" (The jpn. music that plays when Melody plays her flute and Ash is riding with Lugia and all that.)

Pokemon 3 the Movie
"The Unown's Theme"

Pokemon Jirachi WishMaker
"Traveling Carnival" (the long piece that played when the carnival was being set up)
"Florina"
"Flygon Enters"

Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
"May's Dream"
"Fearow ~Capture On"
"As Long as I Can Hold My Breath..."

Pokemon: The Rise of Darkrai
"Riding the Wind"
"To the Tower of Space-Time"

Pokemon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior
"Title Theme 2008" (It's my favorite of the pieces of title BGM.)
"Sky Forme"
"Fly! Shaymin!"

(Thanks to Pocketmonsters.net for the bgm names.)

EDIT: Oh wait... you said "most epic, emotional, funny... etc."

Well... "That Which is a Life" from the Jpn. Mewtwo movie is very emotional. It's not the music that plays during the start of the final showdown, but afterwards, when the Pokemon are still fighting and everyone's like, "Oh noez, they're fighting..." More emotional than the dub music that played at the time, imo.

A lot of the Japanese Mewtwo movie music is "epic/dramatic", etc.

Last edited:
The one where ash and co triumph over team rocket.

I'm not sure what it's called.

I hate PUSA's soundtrack though. It's awful.