• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best music track in PMD

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
So, which music track did you guys like the most in the PMD games?

Personally I came to hate the monster house theme.......for obvious reasons.

I really like Dialga's battle theme and the one Called Through the Sea of Time......I actually have that one on my iPod.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I haven't played the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games in a long time, but I do recall liking the Steam Cave BGM and the Craggy Coast BGM from Explorers of Time & Darkness.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
The "Select a file" theme from Blue Rescue Team <3
I mean, man, that song is beauty. Whenever I would play that game, I would stop and keep listening to that song for minutes. It's beautiful! There's also that theme from the "Fugitives" part of BRT, when... You know.
Buuuuut, my favorite one is the ending theme from the Sky's OST. I've cried every time I've listened to that song. I even downloaded that song to my phone, just because it's beautiful <3

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Uh... I can't choose beween them, too many awesome stuff.

But, these are really great, IMO.

Title Menu (RBRT)
Fugitives/Running through the snow
Sky Tower
Stormy Sea
Through the Sea of Time
Vast Ice Mountain Peak

Along with Rayquaza's Battle Theme.
Seriously, that theme is pure win.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
In terms of some themes, locations, and events, the following PMD music works best for me:

Gates to Infinity:
  1. A music fitting for the starting town/village of most RPGs - Paradise Town
  2. Riding a horse/camel as you travel through the desert Sunset - Blazing Desert
  3. Escaping Tribesmen trying to kill you from the Jungle - Daybreak Ridge Highlands
  4. When Reinforcements arrive on the Scene during War - Holehills rescue event (when Hydreigon launches Draco Meteors from the sky against Munna's Gang like a coordinated US Air strike)
  5. When a Hero evolves and gained Godlike Powers - Glacier Palace Great Spire
  6. When you encounter the Bigger Bad of the Big Bad - End of the Road Alternate 2 and Desperation (Hyper Heavy) (Note. This happens against the Bittercold battle event)
  7. Graduation from the best Academy - A Friend's Decision (when Emolga let his best friend take his place during the Great Palace expedition for the first time)
  8. Going inside a Volcano that could erupt at anytime - Crags of Lament (Interior)
  9. When someone can't take life anymore, who lost everything, and/or wanted to commit suicide - Desperation (Super Light) (Refer to Munna's confession in the near end of the Game)
  10. Celebrating a Festival or the New Year - Celebration of Peace
  11. Diving Deep into Deep Haunted Waters - Glacier Palace Western Spire
  12. Fighting the Original Monster that Started the chaos or a Boss Battle on the Stormy Seas- Kyurem's Destiny (aka. His Battle theme)
  13. When Victory is near when Reinforcements Arrive on the great war - Theme of Hope (Marching variant) (when Glacier Palace had to be destroyed)
  14. Remembering and to Honor somebody valuable to you. Or a theme for a Bittersweet ending - Sympathy and Sincerity (when Espeon begs for forgiveness to Leavanny for letting her child nearly killed unintentionally by Purugly and Toxicroak)
  15. Theme for kingdoms during the Medieval Times - Stompstump Peak
  16. Theme for the Savannah in Africa - Withered Savannah
  17. Walking on the dangerous edge - Danger (Alternative)
  18. Theme of Dreams and Passions - Dreams and Hopes
  19. When you Walk in the Plank, or Charging on to Battle - Holehills

Explorers Saga:
  1. The beginning of a Romance Story - Beach at Dusk (why? you and your partner met there. Bonus points if they're a couple. Male x Female)
  2. Music played on Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts - Wigglytuff's Guild, A Fun Exploration, and One for All, All for One
  3. A peaceful night to Sleep - Goodnight
  4. Theme of Markets - Treasure Town
  5. During an Emergency Escape from a helicopter crash - Mt. Bristle
  6. When someone says "OHHH SH--! RUN AWAY!". and he/she runs away like the coyote - Outlaw music
  7. Working on the underground techs of a futuristic city - Amp Plains
  8. Exploring the Vast Dessert - Northern Desert
  9. Exploring an Abandoned City in the Wild West - Quicksand Pit
  10. A friend leaving and saying, "Until We meet again comrade." - At the End of the Day
  11. Waking on the Post Apocalyptic World - In the Future and Dark Wasteland
  12. Fighting a losing battle - Planet's Paralysis
  13. Escaping the Raging Tsunami on 12 / 21 /2012, or any Grand Natural Calamity - Chasm Cave and Spacial Cliffs
  14. Diving Deeper into ancient catacombs - Sealed Ruins ad Aegis Cave
  15. Visiting a Sacred Forest - Treeshroud Forest (seriously. It can fit on a`Legend of Zelda Game)
  16. Exploring an Underground River Cave - Lower Brine Cave
  17. Theme of Prayer, and the Theme of Sweet Sorrow - Hidden Land
  18. The Countdown to your upcoming Execution and Death - Hidden Highland
  19. Surviving an Ambush Battle / Trap - Battle against Dusknoir / Darkrai
  20. A once upon a time theme of ancient Folklore - Time Gear (where Uxie shows you the Time Gear itself)
  21. An act of Ultimate Sacrifice - Through the Sea of Time
  22. Theme of being Brokenhearted, and holding onto the memories amidst the loss - In the Hands of Fate..., and Memories Returned
  23. The Last Stand, and The Last Act of Defiance - Temporal Tower
  24. The Final Battle in Ancient Asia - Dialga's Fight to the Finish
  25. When the burden is finally lifted away, and the Theme of Return to Peace - Time Restored, and A New World
  26. When there is something you just cannot ever give away - Don't ever forget... (In other terms, Goodbye. Or. I don't want to say goodbye)
  27. Theme of Honoring a Nation's hero/ine - Credits of PMD: Explorers (I call it Our Legacy Continues), and Life Goes on (the Credit of In the Future of Darkness)
  28. Diving deep into a child's dark memories - In the Nightmare (Poor Azurill...)
  29. When a huge stampede happens on a panicking crowd - Palkia's Onslaught
  30. Entering the Gates of Hell - Dark Crater
  31. Exploring the Mountains - Dungeon Theme 3 (You can hear this in Special Episode 4 on Sky)
  32. Theme of Childhood Memories and Beginnings - Sympathy
  33. Finding a glimmer of Hope - Beyond the Dream
  34. The day we bid farewell to our most precious Mentor - Credits of Special Episode 2 (aka. Defend Globe Credits) (I call that song Master and Pupil)
  35. An alternate theme for Team Gullwings - Team Charm's Theme
  36. The Harsh life of the Wild West - Barren Valley
  37. Theme of Good Intentions - Living Spirit, and For a New Life
  38. When the Goal is very close - Vast Ice Mountain
  39. Theme of Promises - Proud Accomplishment
  40. Theme of Everlasting Love - In the Morning Sun

Rescue Saga
  1. Theme of Childhood - Awakening (in explorers, it's Heartwarming)
  2. When it's your first day working on your new job - Rescue Team Base
  3. When a Town Festival Begins - Pokemon Square
  4. Theme of abandoned Religious Buildings - Swamp - Friend Are
  5. Revisiting abandoned Technological Cities - Mt. Steel and Lab - Friend Area
  6. When you're lost in the foggy hills - Silent Chasm
  7. Theme for Grand Canyon - Great Canyon
  8. A once upon a time theme of ancient Folklore - The Legend of Ninetales
  9. When there is no return - Run Away...
  10. The Grand Climb to the Top - Mt. Blaze, and Sky Tower
  11. Camping in a nearby Mountain Cave - Mt. Blaze Peak
  12. Theme of Emptiness - Escape through the Snow
  13. The Grand Natural Calamity, and the approaching end - World Calamity
  14. Theme of Honoring a Nation's hero/ine - Aftermath, and Farewell
  15. Theme of Cult Rituals - Caves - Friend Area
  16. Theme of the Unexplored Ocean - Oceanic - Friend Area, and the Stormy Sea
  17. When you climb further on the mountain - Buried Relic (aka. Sky peak Cave in Explorers of Sky)

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I haven't played the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games in a long time, but I do recall liking the Steam Cave BGM and the Craggy Coast BGM from Explorers of Time & Darkness.

I forgot about those two, I had Craggy coast's theme in my head for a while after I completed it. I also really loved Temporal Tower and Aegis Cave.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just listened to the soundtrack for Time & Darkness again since I had forgotten most of the BGM. I really think these games had the best music out of all the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games that I've played; aside from the tracks that I mentioned earlier, I loved the Hidden Land dungeon music since it was sad and foreshadowed the conclusion of the games. Dusk Forest also had good BGM; slightly creepy but still sort of cutesy at the same time imo, if that makes sense. Mystifying Forest had appropriately mystifying BGM as well lol.

Puddingg

Clefairy Lover ^_^
Probably the Primal Dialga theme IMO. I actually had that on my phone for awihle x:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
My top two favorite tracks throughout the whole PMD series would be...
- Dialga's Fight to the Finish!
- End of the Road (The second phase of the Bittercold battle.)

I personally think both of these tracks are the best ones, in terms of epicness.

Other close favorites of mine include:
- Welcome to the World of Pokemon!
- Sky Tower
- Through the Sea of Time
- Hidden Land
- Temporal Tower
- Temporal Spire
- Vast Ice Mountain
- Team Charm's Theme
- In the Morning Sun
- Forest of Shadows
- Scorching Desert
- Glacier Palace (Western Spire)

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
In Red Rescue Team/Blue Rescue Team, it's the music for Sky Tower. Although I'm also quite partial to Great Canyon's music and the battle music for the legendary beasts/Ho-oh- you know, the alternate boss battle music.

In Explorers of Time/Darkness, Dialga's battle music and Dark Crater's I'm rather fond of. Meanwhile Explorers of Sky has added some gorgeous new tracks and had Barren Valley's steal the title of favourite track from the two aforementioned ones.

And in Gates to Infinity it's Forest of Shadows. I like how it goes from eerie to gorgeous to whimsical in no time flat. Stony Cave's is very nice, too.

Estellise

peachy
The Sky Tower and Dialga's battle music are my two faves. ^^ A lot of PMD tracks are good though... especially the Explorers of Sky tracks.

I really like "Run away" and "Parting". "Time gear theme" is great too, but I LOVE "Primal Dialga". So good...

Rakurai

I can't pick a best song from any of the games, as they're too many good tracks in each. Especially Gates to Infinity, where I don't think I can even list just a few as I love the entire soundtrack.

Some favorites I can think of from the non GtI games are:

Rescue Team

Mt. Thunder
Thunder Plains
Sky Tower

Explorers

Mystifying Forest
Blizzard Island
Temporal Tower (Both versions)
I Don't Want To Say Goodbye

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
PMD 1:
World Calamity
Great Canyon

PMD 2:
Sacrifice
I don't want to say goodbye
Treasure town theme
Wigglytuff's theme

I haven't played GtI yet so...

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
"Steam Cave", "Upper Steam Cave", "Northern Desert", and "Primal Dialga" are my preferred BGMs in the PMD series. Though "Mystifying Forest" is the most memorable out of all of them.

Togeblimp

blimpu ●ω●
Blue Rescue Team: Sky Tower.
Explorers of Time/Darkness: Dialga Battle theme, most dungeon themes in the future, Through the Sea of Time.
Explorers of Sky: First level of Sky Peak. Love that to bits. Message on the Wind (or whatever it's called in the Grovyle special episode)
Gates to Infinity: Stompstump Peak

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
"Steam Cave", "Upper Steam Cave", "Northern Desert", and "Primal Dialga" are my preferred BGMs in the PMD series. Though "Mystifying Forest" is the most memorable out of all of them.

I always mix up Mystifying Forest with Miracle Sea's Track, because the two are essentially the same with some tone and speed differences.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I always mix up Mystifying Forest with Miracle Sea's Track, because the two are essentially the same with some tone and speed differences.

Really? I hadn't notice until now. I also forgot how much of a bittersweet track Miracle Sea is. Couldn't stand those insanely long dungeons, though.