• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best nature for Kyogre

pikachu65

Kyogre is one of my favorite pokemon and i was wondering what would be a good nature for it. I hate slow pokemon so I was thinking Timid (raises speed/ lowers attack) does anybody think it will be a good Kyogre, if no then can you please suggest a better nature. ;382;

Volteon

Back I guess??
Modest =)

Raises it´s awesome Special Attack while decreasing the useless Attack.

Kyogre is already fast enough to outspeed many Pokémon.

medaton

I said, Bring It ON!
just go for modest and give him a quick claw. his speed at very absolute max is only 306. no very impressive. kyogre is a titan, he wasn't built for speed

pikachu65

I realy like the modest idea. Thanks. What are the chances of a quick claw striking first?

Aquarelle

Staff member
Like everyone else said, use Modest.
It's the best nature for Kyogre, hands down.
Kyogre is meant to be a special sweeper, since it has godly special attack, and you should always try to nourish and mainly focous on your pokemon's strong points.
Timid can work, but modest is MUCH better. Kyogre doesn't really need to be fast, it already has uber defenses to survive attacks, and it'll hit the foe so hard with special attacks that they'll probably die in a hit or two. (Unless your foe's a Blissey, Regice, ect. then it'll take more)

Still, go for a modest one. ;)

EDIT: Sorry, your post beat mine, I didn't see that you already decided on modest...

I realy like the modest idea. Thanks. What are the chances of a quick claw striking first?

It's only 10%, so it's not a reliable item. Leftovers are usually a much better option for a hold item.

Last edited:

shinny

Latest shiny <3
i have a timid one with speed IV of 31 and works pretty well for me:)

Use lefties.

Have a moveset:

Surf
Thunder
Icebeam
Calm mind

Shock

<--- Teh kewl ghost!
Timid is better in my opinion. 306 Spd outruns neutral speed 100 base stat poke's such as Adamant Salamence. Timid>Modest.

Metagross

modest nature, since it has good speed anyway,attack a stat that it doesn't use,special attack is more important.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
Here is what I suggest...

Kyogre@Leftovers
Modest (+sp.atk, -atk), calm (+sp.def, -atk)

Surf
Thunder
Ice Beam
Calm Mind

Not much to be said. Calm mind and sweep.

aquasuicune

What would be better for ingame? Modest or Bold?

Shadow Tyranitar

<-Looks like ****...
just go for modest and give him a quick claw. his speed at very absolute max is only 306. no very impressive. kyogre is a titan, he wasn't built for speed
never put a quick claw on anything.It is way too unreliable (10 % chance of working).........modest is good,but he needs a chesto berry for rest

rest
calm mind
Surf/hydro pump
Thunder

Bold has to be my personal favourite Nature.
Makes it able to counter the immence power that is Groudon.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 220 HP / 228 Def / 52 SAtk / 8 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Toxic
- Substitute / Rest

Drizzle gives it more thasn enough power, and it barely needs any SAtk, because it is already frankly immence.
More of a Staller, but it's my favourite.