• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best of the fossils

Which is your favourite?

• Aerodactyl

Votes: 37 48.1%
  • Onamyte/Omastar

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Kabuto/Kabutops

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Cranidos/Rampardos

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Shieldon/Bastridon

Votes: 6 7.8%

• Total voters

Nebbio

NINJA!
Just pick your overall favourite fossil Pokemon that appeared during 4th gen.

desi darling

you already know
I've had a lot more success in competitive battling with Aerodactyl than any other fossils. :)

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
rampardos was a member of my original D team. Plus, pachycephalasaurus is just plain awesome. rampardos has the highest base attack of any poke exept deoxys A

Nebbio

NINJA!
what about anorith or lileep and I wouldhave to say aerodactyl

Any fossils that appeared in gen 4. Lileep and Anorith were 3rd gen. Sure you could get them but weren't main fossils in a game if you get my drift.

AlexKZ

I was going to me Cradily...

Sure you could get them but weren't main fossils in a game if you get my drift.

That would also eliminate Aerodactyl, Omastar, and Kabutops too. None were obtainable as a FOSSIL in their games either. You found them by luck. (Plus, in the Gold and Silver, you could only get Aero through a trade. Not as an amber, which means it wasn't a fossil either.)

I'm sorry to sound rude, but the way you phrase your question, it seems like you meant EVERY fossil. You question should have been: "What's your favorite fossil out of these choices..."

Nebbio

NINJA!
I was going to me Cradily...

That would also eliminate Aerodactyl, Omastar, and Kabutops too. None were obtainable as a FOSSIL in their games either. You found them by luck. (Plus, in the Gold and Silver, you could only get Aero through a trade. Not as an amber, which means it wasn't a fossil either.)

I'm sorry to sound rude, but the way you phrase your question, it seems like you meant EVERY fossil. You question should have been: "What's your favorite fossil out of these choices..."

I am sorry but I am not talking about 2 gen fossils. Can we get back on topic please.

Crobattt

Search: Shiny Mewtwo
Aero, no doubt

ZeroTrouble

You Looking At Me?
Kabutops and Rampardos were both in my first Diamond team and worked great although both were Rock Types
I voted for Kabuto/Kabutops

DayDreamX

You lost the game
I hate most if not all of the fossil Pokemon for in game because they just didn't seem useful to me and I disliked all of their typing and how they looked LOL.
but if i had to pick i'd say Cranidos

AmpharosFanatic

I rarely ever use any fossil pokemon, but if we're talking about best design, it has to be Kabutops, just looks so cool! However, I picked Shieldon/Bastiodon for the poll since I think Shieldon looks rather cool and Bastiodon, if used properly, could make for an awesome wall pokemon on many teams.

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
Omanyte and Omastar - coz i feel nostalgia from first playin' of POKEMON RED, where i've chosen HELIX FOSSIL with lucky shot and then i was suprised on Omanyte.

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
Although I never trained one, I love Aerodactyl.

How come the 3rd Gen fossils aren't included?

I am sorry but I am not talking about 2 gen fossils. Can we get back on topic please.

Lolwut?

Last edited:

Angry Ancestor

Apparently they aren't "normally obtainable" in Gen IV. In which case the Kanto fossils would not be here. But whatever.

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
Its amazing how Aerodactyl got fossilized by tree sap.

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
I love Aerodactyl but I never really had the chance to properly train one. My current one is only level 20.

I never actually really had the patience to train Fossil Pokemon.