• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best of...

Ice Blue Dragon

I belive I can fly!
This tread is about the best pokemon, move, set, or item.
Please include why you think this.

Example: choice scarf is the best item for a few reasons.
One reason is slow pokemon can out speed a conter, or a check.
A bad part is you can only use one move forceing you to swich out often.

And please keep this competive, no "magikarp is best, nuff said".

All rules are active here, thank you.

Zachmac

Magikarp is best, nuff said.

I would vote that the best item is leftovers, working well with bulky offensive pokemon, stallers, supporters, and substitute, helping the pokemon last longer.

Best pokemon is Arceus, Swords Dance+STAB extreme speed, shadow claw to hit ghost.

Soperman

The One and Only
Best item beith the Life Orb IMO. Excellent attack boost, and gives more choices than CB.

Zachmac

Best item beith the Life Orb IMO. Excellent attack boost, and gives more choices than CB.
Though not as many pokemon can use it effectively as they can with leftovers. It also reduces HP, which might not be helpful with sandstorm and entry hazards running around. It's still a good item, I just won't call it the best.

mycooly

Banned
Leftovers for sure
that thing works with almost anything

Ice Blue Dragon

I belive I can fly!
Yeah my first tread!
On topic,
I think leftovers is the best, with life orb and choice items almost as good. It custions entry hazards and weather damage. It work well with almost any pokemon. It can make bissty much harder to kill,(unless you have a phiscal move).

irock245

She wants it
deosys-s is the best with leads right now. He can set up a whole bunch of hazards, and will taunt you before you can taunt him.

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
Best Pokemon is Mewtwo. Instead of Arceus, Mewtwo is not a jack of all trades, but a sweeper, and he has the stats for doing that excellent. Faster then Darkrai, much bulkier then Deoxys-A and an excellent movepool. Nuff said.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Well, the items you can't really discuss which item is better since they suit different pokemon. Best move, HYPER BEAM!!!....Jk. Earthquake and Close Combat are the best. Scald is pretty useful too.

Triple Z

Triple Z used yawn!
Best Ability: Magic Guard, as a pokemon with it can always reliably switch into statuses, and is not bothered by any entry hazards or weather which may be present.

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
hmm, ability depends on a pokemon as well

Moxie for instance is great for a physical sweeper like Gya, but on a Porygon-Z... well you get it :3

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Speed Boost is one of the best abilities around! You get top speed in only 2-3 turns! Sadly, most of the speed boosters out their aren't excactly great since most lost their most needed moves like Blaziken and Thunderpunch. Ninjask is only good for batonpassing... Never the less, it's a great ability!

windsong

WEST SIDE
Best move in the game is Stealth Rock, hands down. You're averaging ~200% damage throughout the opponent's team in most games, getting really important specific kills when using offense teams, damaging really important threats when using stall teams, and in general doing a ton of damage in games against people using more balance oriented teams that require a fair amount of switching.

Latias_

Passive voice
The best attacking move is probably close combat. It has a 120 base power, higher thann earthquake, ice beam, psystrike, judgement, etc. Unlike flare blitz it does not cause HP recoil, unlike draco meteor or superpower it does not cause a stat drop on an offensive stat, and unlike hammer arm it doesn't lower speed, therefore any fast attacker using it does not have to worry about lowered offensive capabilities. Also unlike thunder or focus blast it has 100% accuracy, and doesn't require any charging/weather/condition to work, unlike solar beam, hurricane, or brine.

Ice Blue Dragon

I belive I can fly!
The best attacking move is probably close combat. It has a 120 base power, higher thann earthquake, ice beam, psystrike, judgement, etc. Unlike flare blitz it does not cause HP recoil, unlike draco meteor or superpower it does not cause a stat drop on an offensive stat, and unlike hammer arm it doesn't lower speed, therefore any fast attacker using it does not have to worry about lowered offensive capabilities. Also unlike thunder or focus blast it has 100% accuracy, and doesn't require any charging/weather/condition to work, unlike solar beam, hurricane, or brine.

Close combat is a good move, but it makes your pokemon a target for priorty moves and revenge killers. Overwise it is the best fighting type move.

And assassin9399 you do have a valid point.

I agree that magic guard is the best abillty with inntemadate and trace 2nd and 3rd.

Zachmac

The best ability would be Wonder Guard. I don't think that needs explaining...
Best Pokemon is Mewtwo. Instead of Arceus, Mewtwo is not a jack of all trades, but a sweeper, and he has the stats for doing that excellent. Faster then Darkrai, much bulkier then Deoxys-A and an excellent movepool. Nuff said.
But Arcues has STAB extreme speed, and swords dance to boost it. Mewtwo's best stat boosting move is calm mind, which is good, but not as good as Arceus swords dance. With extreme speed, it can outrun even Swellow's quick attack(which is fast).

orangezilla

Who's dar man
best item id say definatly leftovers i dislike life orb and commonly use expert belt in its place + i dont like the idea of multiple choiced pokemon on a team