• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best of...

irock245

She wants it
the best ability is moody. Just imaging sygigilph with it, with protect and sub and stored power. Its smeargle all over again.

Although "best" is debatable, I'd have to say that the Life Orb is the most game-changing item yet. Before it came along in 4th Gen, a sweeper had to go with the move-restricting Choice Band if it wanted power, or just run Leftovers and forgo the extra power. The Life Orb brought forth a great power opportunity for sweepers everywhere that, at the cost of a little HP, gave a 1.3 boost to ALL of their attacks. This item separated the men from the boys; more specifically, it drew a hard line between bulkier sweepers and frail, powerful ones. It has also defined wall breaking, giving Pokemon like Salamence and Infernape the ability to use that power boost and destroy common walls in OU. Coming in at a close second would be a tie between the Air Balloon and Choice Scarf. The Air Balloon has given Pokemon like Heatran the ability to shutdown and kill Pokemon that otherwise would take them out with ease, and the Choice Scarf has changed revenge killing enormously by giving different Pokemon the ability to outspeed even boosted threats and kill them off, giving many Pokemon a distinct niche.

For move, I'd have to agree with Eevee that Stealth Rock is the most influential, but I'd have to also give a shout-out to Substitute. Subbing on the switch is incredibly useful for easing prediction, allowing you to scout for their switch-in and do some damage before moving on. It also helps by blocking status moves and is an invaluable asset to Pokemon like Gliscor and those utilizing SubSeed.

The best ability...that's a tough one. Magic Guard is incredibly useful and very powerful, the main reason why Reuniclus is OU. Magic Bounce is similar, very useful and powerful AND is the reason why Espeon with Baton Pass gives so many people so many headaches. But I'd have to say that the auto-weather abilities are the best, mainly in that they're the most influential. They have honestly done a lot to shape the metagame at this point, and there are plenty of countermeasures that people have used on their teams to beat weather.

The best Pokemon is Blaziken, no need to explain that.

Well, I guess I've covered that.

Ice Blue Dragon

I belive I can fly!
jesusfreak94, you are right about there being no truly 'best' item. It you opinon on the subject. Your post was very well writen.

Zachmac, it is hard to argue agansit that.

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
Best stat up move, quiver dance. Like a speial dragon dance, with the added effect of rasieing sp.def. That makes you bulky for another round of stat up.
Coil could tie on that.

PokeMaster366

It's seems too improper to label something as the best when everything has an exploitable weakness, but if I had to name the most influential creations up to date, I would say Politoed w/ Drizzle and Sand Rush. I don't play by Smogon's laws, but as far as GBU and VGC battles are concerned, everyone has to be prepared to face weather teams now thanks to the existence of these 2 abilities.

Kierzor

Kinda reminiscing
My favourite move has to be outrage. If a strong dragon uses it e.g Garchomp then it decimates any non-steels in its path

Palkia98

the best ove is EQ, cant say about pokemon or items because they are based on peoples needs and what they rather have mine is tyranitar and leftovers.

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Best Fire Type in OU, Heatran.

Unlike many other Fire Types, Heatran can fit snugly into many teams as a special attacker. While it doesn't have the raw power of Volcarona, it also doesn't need the whole team to help it deal some damage.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
I reckon life orb is the best item, though that's because i'm offensively inclined.

I think kyogre is better than mewtwo, simply because of its potential damage output with no setup is absurd. It's the most popular poke for a reason. Groudon is no where near as good IMO.

Zachmac

I agree that Kyogre is better then Groudon, but I'll still argue that Arceus is better then both.

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
Umm, well I think Arcanine is the best, haven't done wi-fi yet, but in-game it has so many choices. Close combat, Wild Charge, Extreme Speed and Flare Blitz with Life orb flash fire adamant wrecks everything!!!

To anwser the Arceus thing I was on PO the other day, and somebody swept my whole team with SD ES arceus, it's cheap, broken, and stupid. I mean he didn't even try, only my Gliscor lived one hit...

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
I agree that heatran is the best fire in ou. It does not have a awesome stat up move, but it also does not have a weakness to steath rock.

Actually Heatran has a stat up move. Flame Charge raises its speed, which really is the only stat that needs improvement to sweep.