• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best "Olympus" Mon

Favourite Mythical/Legendary Pokemon commanded by a trainer

• Ash's Melmetal

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Ash's Naganadel

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Gladion's Silvally

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Mallow's Shaymin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

DatsRight

Okay, so what do you consider the best handled example of a mythical/legendary/other elusive tier Pokemon captured by or serving a trainer thus far?

Expectedly the main categories consist of SM examples since they started the trend for main characters capturing them, though I placed 'Other' for briefer examples (eg. Noland with Articuno, Tobias with Latios and Darkrai, Kukui with Tapu Koko).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Melmetal. It actually did stuff, had a well established personality(Which Shaymin certainly doesn't have lol), and to top things off.... it didn't go bye-bye

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
If were talking about the whole series in-general, I'd throw a certain Pokemon Dia has from Pokemon Adventures into the ring but strictly the anime? There's very few trainers who actually caught legendaries but out of them, I'd have to pick Meltan.

On another note, Naganadel isn't a legendary or a mythical.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I’d like Silvally more if it actually had a personality. Being loyal to Gladion as its only prominent trait got kind of boring.

I’d probably say Melmetal because it’s cute yet strong. Plus its voice and interaction w/ Rowlet as a Meltan were adorable.

If were talking about the whole series in-general, I'd throw a certain Pokemon Dia has from Pokemon Adventures into the ring but strictly the anime? There's very few trainers who actually caught legendaries but out of them, I'd have to pick Meltan.

On another note, Naganadel isn't a legendary or a mythical.
“mythical/legendary/other elusive tier Pokemon

No one here said it was even it the game’s code says it but I’m not getting into a battle of semantics about this again

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I’d like Silvally more if it actually had a personality. Being loyal to Gladion as its only prominent trait got kind of boring.

I’d probably say Melmetal because it’s cute yet strong. Plus its voice and interaction w/ Rowlet as a Meltan were adorable.

“mythical/legendary/other elusive tier Pokemon

No one here said it was even it the game’s code says it but I’m not getting into a battle of semantics about this again
In that case, I always thought it was cool they manage to find a way to put Let's Go Eevee into the anime.

DatsRight

Admittedly likely on the same field, Melmetal was probably the most rounded in spite of its compressed screen time, having good personality, bonds and at least some track of experience battle wise.

Naganadel had some cute limelight as Poipole, but the fact they gave it next to zero screen time battling made its reappearance feel more contrived and its run in Ultra Adventures kind of lacking in agency. Props for keeping its 'cute' personality even as a big freaking wasp dragon though.

I really wanna like Shaymin, but they've barely let it do anything outside of one limelight episode, which is strange since it similarly seems to break trends and is more clearly allocated to Mallow's team than other guest mythicals. Why are they still dithering with it?

Silvally worked well as a powerhouse and 'the one to beat' in the league, though it was oddly undercooked in its main premise. It only got to fight one Ultra Beast and its backstory and creation aren't actually delved into much aside from its ties with Lillie. I like we still get odd glimpses of humanity with it though, like its protectiveness of Lillie or odd scenes of it hanging with its team mates, keeping that same chill dynamic the other examples have.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
The problem with Silvally is similar to the one most people have with Lillie: a major peak of development in the Aether Arc and just some smaller feats after

Hanto

Water Addiction
Silvally got the best character development arc and nice back story, the only thing I kinda don't appreciate that UB-killer doesn't got any chance to fight one of UBs except Nihilego.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'd say Silvady since it received a lot of screen-time and development without it becoming too overexposed or excessive. It's one of my favorite Pokemon shown in the SM series.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Ash's Naganadel just because I like the species and because I have good memories of it unlike the other choices. Melmetal kind of comes at a close second.