• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Pick Up item?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
Hey all,

Recently my lvl 10 Zigzagoon (crazy!) picked up an Ultra ball from a Wild Encounter (WE). Bearing in mind, I've recently started playing pokémon again and I've started a new game on Ruby, I haven't even got any badges yet.

So, what's the best thing you're Pokémon has managed to pick up on Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald?

Thanks,

Bluebird55 :510: .

Kalosian

So long
I think the best items I got were a ton of Earthquake TMs which are very valuable in 3rd gen, I raised five Linoones to level 91+ just so I could get as many of them as possible. I also got a lot of Leftovers the same way which proved to be useful as well, though unlike the TMs, they could also be bought at the Battle Frontier. Other than that, I also got a lot of Rare Candies which I used to raise certain Pokemon to level 100.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
I've picked up a Rare Candy before.

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
I've gotten a few Rare Candy and stat boosting items before. I also got lucky enough to get a Nugget a few times. My Linoone is level 82, so I want a chance to get lots of Earthquake TMs, and some more stat boosting items. I would probably clone the Linoone, but it would be more fun to train 4 more.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I always used to get Nuggets and make tons of dosh in Pokemon Sapphire, which was pretty useful. I also got quite a lot of the Stat Boosting Items too!

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
Wow, lots of rare items everyone has picked up haha :).
I completely forgot about the Rare Candy and I've yet to get one :).

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
Lots of rare candies Over 70 of them.
About 10 ether's.
8 PP ups.
I like raising pokemon with pickup as zigzagoon is one of my favorites(And all of my encountered shinies (7) were when I had a zigzagoon in my party so that gives even more love to zigzagoon).

zz_t

DarkLord
I didnt know people raise linoones. :x

I had a zigzagoon in my party and picked up a couple berries and stuff. Do they pick up better items the higher the level?

Aquarelle

Staff member
I've gotten an Earthquake TM on Emerald from Pickup. I raised a Pickup Pokemon to a high level and then did a bunch of battles just to get that TM because I needed to teach a Pokemon on my team Earthquake.

ArdhiS

My lv100 pick up aipom give me TM earthquake and a lot of rare candies :)
that was really wonderful

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
Good good, I think pickup is a really useful ability, especially on Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (RSE), where it isn't exactly easy :).

Mister Melancholy

Valetshipping ♥
In all my playthroughs, my Zigzagoons always seem to pickup Rare Candies and Nuggets in the beginning of the game, though I've found that later in the game they're surprisingly less common.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I never really cared for the Nuggets, I always have way too much money to spend on the pokémon games. And in RSE it's also so easy to get money by just battling that lady and the rich kid at Route 104 over and over again while holding amulet coin and stealing the nuggets that their Linoones hold with Thief or Covet, $19200 per battle cashing in :p. PP ups are really useful, I got a few of those.

Rare candies and the odd PP up are the best things I've managed to acquire so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.