• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best place to post fanfiction?

IceKing

Sexorific!
Where do you guys to post fanfiction the best? I personally like to post my fanfictions here in Serebii the best because Serebii is always active, has a good deal of authors that can write well, has good reviewers, and an overall active community where you fic will be bumped to the second page within a day unlike in most forums where it remains on page one for a few weeks with no new posts. Although Serebii has a lot of n00b fics coming in lately, the mods and users are good at slaying them whereas the infect other places. I tried fanfiction.net out, but I didn't like their upload system and it wasn't really a community like most forums are. As for teh other forums, they flat out tend to be not as active as Serebii. What about you guys? Where do you like to post your fanfictions the most?

xXSaberXx

xxxXsightless
D: Here is good.

I am actually starting to hate FF.net, mainly because it somehow screws up my uploads and then it never pops up and I have to reload it again. I really hate it right now.....so I'm kinda giving it the cold shoulder. :p

Serebii is good because we have a lot of guests who give you views, and then members that give you posts. It's kinda a good system, though, sometimes it sucks because you have spam and the like. D: But that's a small price to pay. I like these forums because of all the people that I have made freinds with here. ^.^b

Plus, they give good critisim too. :p

C

+Chaos Blade+

When I first started out, I posted in the Pokemon Tower two years ago. First of all, I have no idea how I got there [nor do I remember how I got here, either. XP], but I placed my fics there. I got much kudos, until I went here, and got un-kudos, and was disgraced, and started posting my Fanfictions here. I liked the reviews more, so I post here and only here now.

Quackerdrill

say yes to love
Welp, I have only posted here and FF.net, and honestly I agree with the latter being a broken system. The whole review procedure is odd, and fics are easily ignored... even the very good ones. I prefer forum communities, but have not tried any others besides Serebii. Maybe I should pay some others a visit... but for now, this is a great place. The "newer people" can't spoil that, no matter how hard they try. ^_^

Elemental Charizam

Sudden Genre Shift
FF.net is just a squalid ocean of mediocrity in any case - most of the good authors give up posting there half way through, and its very hard to find the good authors in any. The reviewing and posting system is just plain annoying.

Serebii is the place for me. I do most of my reading here (of fanfictions, anyway) so it kills two birds with one stone. I'm familliar with the people and the formatting, and Serebii just seems more homely than other forums. I just can't be bothered to post in the stale fanfictions sections of forums like UPN, or GHPD. It just seems to be a waste of effort.

The 'newer people' aren't actually the problem IMO, its usually those that have been about a bit, but still annoy the hell out of everybody. Those annoying people who are new generally get themselves banned very quickly, aren't trying to do anybody harm, or just grow out of it. Its the members that never do enough to warrant banning, but just breach the rules in minor ways, like double/triple posting consistently, seem to be the main thing wrong. But even with a few annoying people, Serebii seems the best there is, dor its FF section in any case.

Kiyohime

I drifted around fanfiction locations on the Web for a long time and this is the first one I've latched onto to for so long AND as a member, because of all the abovementioned benefits. Active community, talented authors, good reviewers...it's a really good spot.

S

Sempris

Well, I don't have any fics up here yet, but I really am starting to like this place. Other than here though, I post at Fanfiction (dot) net (God, that account is almost three years old I think.), Lunaescence, FictionZone, Mediaminer, and Anime Spiral. All under different pen names, of course. I can't seem to find one I really like. And I tend to migrate with some authors... :sweatdrop:

Serebii seems nice though, lots of reviews and cool authors. I'm already started on my fanfiction for this archive. ^^

Burnt Flower

Horror Mistress
I think I might be one of the few people here who is a bit fond of ff.net. :p

However, this forum is definitely my favorite place to post all my fanfiction - for all the reasons above. Afterall, my first horror fic was given good reviews here while in fanfiction.net it was completely ignored. xP

S

Sky Titan

Well, I usually post my fics at Fanfiction.net...before I lost my password -_-.

For my next fanfiction which is currently undecided as of yet, I am going to post it here on Serebii because since my time here, I have discovered this place has a wonderful selection of authors from Scrap to +Chaos Blade+. There is also high standards here for quality work which I like. You dont know how many fics I have read and put down after the first page because of terrible grammar and non-exsistent paragraphs.

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed
I post here, ff.net and Pokecommunity. Well, I did... Pokecommunity didn't strike me as being as warm as Serebii - or maybe that's 'cause I didn't find as many friends. Whatever the reason, I didn't post there much. Here is still my pokemon source for... well, everything.

I think I will join Burnt Flower in being one of the few that likes ff.net, though. I've never really had a problem with it, and once I worked out all the kinks in uploading and stuff like that, it's nice. Maybe not as much a community, but I'm not very social anyway... plus, most of what I'm posting now aren't pokemon fics, so the area I currently live in is pretty friendly.

Dragonfree

Just me
Well, in my opinion this is the best place I've found. The main plus is that you get a LOT of readers, a LOT of reviews, and when it comes right down to it, even though some of them are just "great chapter kthx bye", there is an awful lot of good reviewers here too.

At most other places where I post, I tend to have extremely bad luck with reviews - taking for example The Pokémon Tower, I've gotten three or four reviews EVER from it, and that's after posting my stuff there for like two years. (And no, I'm not exaggerating, it really IS just three or four.) It also happens at Pokémonelite2000, etc.; everybody seems to reply to everybody's fics except mine. (Really, I've often looked at a page of a fanfiction forum where the only one with no replies was mine.)

I don't mind FanFiction.net, even despite some annoying things such as how until very recently they removed all hyphens from my fics. A plus is that you get a lot of reviews, but on the downside you can't expect more than maybe one review per chapter at the very most that has anything constructive to say. =/

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
Me? FF.net, hands down. It's not that I don't like the community aspect of the boards, but I do dislike the fact that it's so easy to shove out 'fics by the practice of constant bumping. On FF.net, each 'fic has an equal chance of sinking or swimming. Because there's less of a "community" aspect, there are fewer 'fics that manage to get buoyed up simply by virtue of the fact that they have so many friends among the reviewers who are willing to bump the thread back from oblivion.

In addition, I like the cleaner presentation. Don't get me wrong, I love signatures as much as anybody, but sometimes I find dancing little animations and the like slightly irritating and distracting. The review system is, again, much more fair--no carrying on extended conversations with reviewers in order to boost your review count, because unless they post anonymously, it's one review/chapter, and that's it.

In addition, I'd say that, while there's lots of tripe there, that's also where I've found the very best stuff. While I can name four excellent 'fics completely exclusive to FF.net, I can name only one of similar calibur exclusive to any forum or board that I've been to. It happens to be here, but there you are. And given the fact that FF.net doesn't roll over like crazy as do the boards here, it's a much higher good stuff to crap ratio. Though do note that I'm leaving out the fact that there are good 'fics posted multiple places, but FF.net has the best exclusives, IMO.

In addition, FF.net is the place where I've met some of my best fandom friends. I also have to admit a nostalgic connection, as it's the place where I first entered fandom. I've gotten some of my best reviews at FF.net; to be honest, it's the place where I've gotten the most reviews, as well.

So, yes, I hate the fact that it strips the special symbols. Yes, it has its share of problems and imbeciles. But overall, I prefer it to the forum system in general, Serebii and all others considered.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Even thought I post half of my fanfics on FF.net I still think this place is better (Despite it seems like non-pokemon fics seems sometimes ignored, I put a Lost fanfic and a story on here but either weren't reviewed), and also another good thing is you have mostlycan put anything here, even stories with real actors in it..

Zerodius

Eternally hating D/P
This thread sounds like self-publicity for the board...

Anyway, I agree with Negrek.

The "community" aspect basically means that unless you are one of the very few ultra overated "uber authors", you can basically forget this board ; you'll be mercilessly bashed by reviewers who I won't name but are nearly as harsh as the legendary Kyouji Kraw from ACMLM (and when you are compared to such an user, then it is that you are harsh to the point of insanity).

Still, if you have a rock-solid confidence and don't mind being ignored/getting stupid "look at advice for aspiring authors" posts shoved at you every second, then this board is a good place to go if you think that your fic is perfect but could be improved. The people here WILL find the flaws you overlooked, exhagerate it by 2000 times, and then flame you with it. Good stuff, really.

Anyway, now that my rant is over... I will admit that despite the overated uber authors, the uber authors' fanboys, and the newbie killer reviewers, this is an excellent place to post fanfictions... but since people here have very, very low tolerance, I'd suggest other sites if you're just beginning in fanfiction.

Oh and... if you feel like having a good laugh, you can always go through the fanfiction section and watch the newbie killer reviewers flame poor newbies while the fanboys keep bumping and praising fics with 2000 lines of description and two or three lines of overused, cliched, boring plot.

Yes, I am harsh... but well, whatever. People will probably hate me for this post... but whatever.

One thing I do like about this board is that as long as you put the rating in the title, you can pretty much max out the mature themes if you want... but the best is that not only can you post mature stuff, but your stuff can actually be REALLY mature (as in: mature themes used to enhance story AKA no mature themes just for the sake of mature themes) and not be ignored! In short, that means that the R-rated fic readers here aren't all hentai-crazy/violence obsessed hormone-driven freaks!

Finding sites that allow R-rated stuff AND aren't plagued with people who rate 5 everything that has one or two lines of sex/violence is very hard which makes this site, despite it's flaws, a rare gem.

Also, while I do bash the uber authors and their legions of fanboys a lot, the average, silent and non-reviewing masses are there, reading quietly... and as such, even if you don't get many reviews, it is nice to know that your fics are read and (probably) appreciated.

Well, that's all. That was my opinion.

Yes, I am hypocritical for saying that the site is bad in the first part, good in the second.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
M

mindripper

Hey Zerodius, I realise that some of your points are actually pretty valid. However, it is a social place after all, and some of what you named is bound to come into play. Lamentable perhaps, but unavoidable.

I have no idea who you consider to be the "overrated, ubder authors" with their legions of fanboys and the like, but I sincerely hope that I am not one of them, and I am sure no one else would as well.

indigestible_wad

This forum is a good place to post fics, yes, but when you post a non pokemon fic, all it does is sink down to the bottom. I don't generally enjoy that. I post my stuff on a small forum where nobody ever replies to them. A bit hypocritical I know, but the thing is, I only post these small one shots to upload them, not to show people. And I don't want to have to go through the many complications of fanfiction.net. I don't want random n00bs looking at my stuff and saying random nothings about it. I would prefer it to just be in the dark so that I can show it to the people who want to see it.

This place is good for reviewers like myself. The many good authors along with the many newb authors make this place great for training a new reviewer or even with practice or something like that. But really, you get all the good stuff here, so you don't have to go really anywhere else.

GoGoTenda

I Eat Zapdos' Eggs
This forum is a terrible, terrible place for getting reviews if you aren't already well known. If the fic is bad, you'll get flamed. If it's good, but you're unknown, it gets ignored. If people know who you are....you can write whatever the hell you want. Now, yes, most of the well known people are very good writers, but I don't like the idea of a Fanfic Hollywood. When you can post three chapters over the span of a month and not get a single review, there are certainly some issues. When you're only semi-regular reviewer is a good friend even after people have 'promised' to keep reviewing...that's just horrible. Serebii is a good place for those authors that have been actively posting stories for a year or more. Anyone new to the buisness just fails.

Eternal Daydreamer

Surrender to the Sea
GoGoTenda said:
This forum is a terrible, terrible place for getting reviews if you aren't already well known. If the fic is bad, you'll get flamed. If it's good, but you're unknown, it gets ignored. If people know who you are....you can write whatever the hell you want. Now, yes, most of the well known people are very good writers, but I don't like the idea of a Fanfic Hollywood. When you can post three chapters over the span of a month and not get a single review, there are certainly some issues. When you're only semi-regular reviewer is a good friend even after people have 'promised' to keep reviewing...that's just horrible. Serebii is a good place for those authors that have been actively posting stories for a year or more. Anyone new to the buisness just fails.
True, true. In a year I'll probably still be unknown. Although reccently, some new faces have been reading my stories so I don't know. But anyways, for Pokemon fics I would have to say here. But for Non I would have to say, fanfiction.net. Although, I have no idea how to post new stories...