• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best places for hatching eggs

mewichooseyou

Grass Trainer
I have to say that Skyarrow Bridge is by far the best egg hatching system I've seen. I can just keep going back and forth and back and forth and it seems to work very well. :)

So, what is the best place you've found to hatch Pokemon?

Cuddlebuns

If you're just trying to hatch one egg, then one of the flat bridges or cycling roads works best. If you're breeding and need to keep getting multiple eggs, it's easiest to do it on the straightaways near the daycare so that you don't have to keep flying back and forth and using a flying Pokemon to take up space in your party.

A Pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor that can learn Fly would be nice...

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
I usually just go to Twinleaf (in Platinum) or the Cycling Roads.

yeah, I have a volcarona, who is also my ev slave :D

I just go back and forth on route three, because I'm too lazy to

1. open up the menu
2.click pokemon
3.click volcarona
4.click fly
5.select destination

better off not bothering...

I go on the marvelous bridge

shinystriker

I Like Em Shiny
Marvelous Bridge when just hatching one but when i'm hatching a bunch i just stay on route 3 and go back and forth.

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
yeah, I have a volcarona, who is also my ev slave :D

I just go back and forth on route three, because I'm too lazy to

1. open up the menu
2.click pokemon
3.click volcarona
4.click fly
5.select destination

better off not bothering...

What is an EV slave? And, I use Magcargo/Magmar for helping hatch my eggs.

Kalosian

So long
Emerald: Route 117 or Battle Frontier
D/P/P: Route 210/Solaceon/Route 209
B/W: Skyarrow Bridge or Route 3

Not sure about the rest of the games.

Psycho Cut

I use Skyarrow Bridge, and I play 'race the truck'. Basically, on the nacrene side, go up the side, then edge forward until you can just see where the trucks go in and out of, on the left of your screen. When you see one emerge, coming your way, that is your cue to go! The finish line is the shadow of the first support thingy.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
HGSS was Goldenrod City for me, its right by the day care center. And in DP it was Solaceon Town.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
I use Skyarrow in B/W. Cycling road for all the other games.

I usually don't actually hatch them there, though. I just use those places to incubate the egg until "It's making sounds!" and then I fly to wherever I want to hatch it, 'cuz I'm anal-retentive like that. XD

Although to be fair, "Skyarrow Bridge" is a lot cooler-sounding hatch location than Route-watever-cycyling-road-is.

Last edited: