• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Pokémon Cries

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Every Pokémon has a cry - a sound it makes when it appears. Some are more memorable than others. What are your favourite Pokémon cries? Mine are:
  • Pikachu (in the Gen 6 and up games)
  • Dragonite
  • Mewtwo
  • Typhlosion
  • Feraligatr
  • Suicune
  • Lugia
  • Ho-Oh
  • Blaziken
  • Tropius
  • Absol
  • Salamence
  • Metagross
  • Groudon
  • Torterra
  • Staraptor
  • Kricketune (just because of all the funny memes about it)
  • Luxray
  • Dialga
  • Cresselia
  • Serperior
  • The Litwick family
  • The Axew family
  • Reshiram
  • Fennekin
  • Greninja
  • Vivillon
  • Xerneas
  • Decidueye
  • Primarina
  • Toucannon
  • Charjabug
  • Lycanroc (Midnight Form)
  • Tsareena
  • Tapu Koko
  • Solgaleo

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I like a lot of your list.

The whole Pidgey line
The whole Spearow line
Grimer
Muk
The whole Gastly line
The whole Abra line
Mew
Ditto
The whole Oddish line
The whole Bellsprout line

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Original Haunter cry
Togepi/Togetic (Always gonna have a soft spot for these guys)
Misdreavus
ALL HAIL THE KRICKETUNE
Palkia

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

Leonhart

Imagineer
I've always liked Lugia's cry, as well as Pearlulu's (Clamperl's). Korotock (Kricketune) probably has the most interesting cry out of all the Pokemon, however. I don't necessarily like it, but it's one of the more memorable ones.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Legendaries normally have good cries. Giratina, I always remember it

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I like Necrozma's cries. Particularly how each form's cry fits it. Necrozma feels very alien. It then has fused cry depending on what it fuses with and upon Ultra Burst it is a cry of power.

Kyurem can also have different cries depending on which of the Tao dragons it's fused with. As Black Kyurem, its normal cry is mixed with Zekrom's, and as White Kyurem, it's mixed with Reshiram's.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I also like Jynx's cry from the old games and how long it is. :]

Jynx's cry was actually one of the longest Pokémon cries, until Samurott's took over in Gen 5.

Also, some Pokémon - particularly in Gen 1 - have very similar-sounding cries to the point of almost sounding identical. Caterpie and Goldeen's cries sound almost exactly the same, the only difference being the speed.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
First off, nothing compares to the DELELELE WHOOP!

Here are some other pokemon with good cries:

- Drifblim
- Lumineon
- Spiritomb
- Froslass
- Pheramosa
- Jynx
- Meloetta
- Probopass

Jynx's cry was actually one of the longest Pokémon cries, until Samurott's took over in Gen 5.

Also, some Pokémon - particularly in Gen 1 - have very similar-sounding cries to the point of almost sounding identical. Caterpie and Goldeen's cries sound almost exactly the same, the only difference being the speed.

Interestingly, Jynx and Hypno have the same cry.

Hypno's is just a sped up version of Jynx's.

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I think that the Legendary Beasts have the best cries out of all Legendary pokemon and the best pokemon cry for me is Floatzel's because it sounds so funny.

Suicune’s is the best one for me. It just sounds so majestic and elegant.