• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best poke girl name (based on name ONLY)

Best poke girl?

• Misty

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • May

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Dawn

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Iris

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Serena

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Lillie

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Hi, so what's the best Poke girl name in your opinion ? (The english names)
Again- please base your choise on name only and NOT on the character behaviour etc).

Regarless, I think that ALL of the names are very unique and elegant. it makes the choise very difficult for me

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I'm going with Lillie. In the Japanese Language of Flowers, the White Lily is a flower that represents purity, chastity, and love between females. the Orange Lily represents vengeance. The Spider Lily represents sweetness. Red Spider Lily represents loss, sometimes lost memories. Tiger Lily represents wealthiness. In other words, a good deal of meanings fit her.

If I haven't pounded it into your minds enough, I know a lot about flowers.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Is there a reason Lana's and Mallow's names are absent from this list? They're Pokégirls, too, even if they aren't the deuteragonist of their generation.

I have to go with Lillie. In general, I'm rather fond of nature-themed names, particularly floral names, and the name "Lillie" just seems to suit the character so well—both her appearance (with her predominately white wardrobe) and her personality. There's something to be said for a name fitting a character so well.

When I think of Serena, I think of Serena Williams, who's pretty much the complete opposite of anime Serena.

I'd say Misty. Unique name and fits her goal of wanting to be a Water-type Master.

Is MAL a tennis fan??????

Serena rolls of the tongue better for me, but I'd have to agree that the name "Misty" fits Misty the best lol.

Cat's Eye Draco

I think I'll go with May. It makes me think of spring, a season strongly associated with things like renewal and new beginnings, which I think describes the feel of both AG and May's character quite well, especially early on.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
All right, that's a good poll. I think pretty much every pokegirls dub are pretty good. Dawn means first sign of morning. Lillie, may and misty are pretty good name but with serena I always think of serena williams who is my favourite tennis player of all time with steffi graf and tennis is one of my 3 sports which I played along with football and field hockey.

So I have to pick serena.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
MAL played varsity tennis in high school.

Serena is a cool name but doesn't fit anime version's personality IMO. Should have given her a more French name too like Amelie or something.
Serena reminds me of the word: Serene, which means: " a serene woman who was everyone's source of support". Fits to Serena <3

Last edited:

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Misty - nice and fitting and relatively unique, similar w May to a lesser extent

Dawn has seems to have a meaning like mentioned above but the actual name's a bit boring imo

Serena is more "common" but rolls of the tongue well

Lillie (combined w her appearance) makes me think of Lili from Tekken, which is not really a good thing

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Serena reminds me of the word: Serene, which means: " a serene woman who was everyone's source of support". Fits to Serena <3
Exactly the same for me as well. This is how I would describe Serena in a line. In other words, Serena's name, due to its resemblance to the word 'Serene' underlines her character very much, which is the reason I feel that Serena's name suits her the most ideally, compared to the other Pokegirls. For this reason, Serena's name will forever be the best for me among all Pokegirls, not because of Serena Williams. :)

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Well, if people goes with the names where they can represent another characters/persons then here goes:

- There's a pirate girl in Guilty Gear named May.
- There's a goddess character from a comic named Dawn.
- There's the main character of Sailor Moon named Serena.
- There's a robot/reploid girl from Megaman X named Iris.
- There's a Tekken fighter girl named Lili, even though it's missing an l and e compared to Lillie.
- There's a ballet dancer named Misty Copeland.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
Well, if people goes with the names where they can represent another characters/persons then here goes:

- There's a pirate girl in Guilty Gear named May.
- There's a goddess character from a comic named Dawn.
- There's the main character of Sailor Moon named Serena.
- There's a robot/reploid girl from Megaman X named Iris.
- There's a Tekken fighter girl named Lili, even though it's missing an l and e compared to Lillie.
- There's a ballet dancer named Misty Copeland.

To be fair though, when people think of Serena, they probably think of the tennis player, whereas when people hear of Misty, they're more likely to think of the iconic Pokemon character. Honestly, all of the girls names except for Misty and Mallow are pretty generic names that you could easily interchange between the characters and it wouldn't change much.

Anyway if we're going by name preference alone (regardless of how it ties to the character), gotta go with Lillie. Name of a girl I was once close with in real life (#GotyeSomebodyIUsedToKnow).

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
To be fair though, when people think of Serena, they probably think of the tennis player, whereas when people hear of Misty, they're more likely to think of the iconic Pokemon character. Honestly, all of the girls names except for Misty and Mallow are pretty generic names that you could easily interchange between the characters and it wouldn't change much.

Anyway if we're going by name preference alone (regardless of how it ties to the character), gotta go with Lillie. Name of a girl I was once close with in real life (#GotyeSomebodyIUsedToKnow).
I also used to have a dog named Lillie as well.
plus there used to be a pitcher on the Cubs named Ted Lilly, but it was spelled differently