• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best pokeball for Ditto?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Repeat Ball, if you raid a lot to capture 5+ IV. Ditto's Ball have zero passing probability to the bred Pokémon.

Dive Ball, if shiny.

keithpetrosky

Repeat Ball, if you raid a lot to capture 5+ IV. Ditto's Ball have zero passing probability to the bred Pokémon.

Dive Ball, if shiny.
I understand repeat ball is best used for catching, but for regular dittos what ball is most desirable to get a ditto in? I know for shiny you said dive ball. Wouldn’t apricorn balls, safari, and dream be rarest to get a ditto in due to the rarity of getting them?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I understand repeat ball is best used for catching, but for regular dittos what ball is most desirable to get a ditto in? I know for shiny you said dive ball. Wouldn’t apricorn balls, safari, and dream be rarest to get a ditto in due to the rarity of getting them?

For cosmetic purposes, Ditto's pink color matches with Heal, Love or Dream Ball. It suits all of them, with the latter two as the Apricorn Balls.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Raid and Regular, I go with Repeat balls. Ultra is ok, but Repeat seems to have a higher catch rate.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

I don't fully understand your question. Do you mean that you intend to trade Ditto over the GTS, and you want to know what type of Poké Ball would be most likely to have someone accept the offer?

keithpetrosky

I don't fully understand your question. Do you mean that you intend to trade Ditto over the GTS, and you want to know what type of Poké Ball would be most likely to have someone accept the offer?

sort of, basically I want to know what pokeball is sought after most by collectors for ditto to be in. I heard the rarest is safari ball now.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Honestly, unless it's an Imposter Ditto, no one really cares what Ball its in.

For breeding purposes, Repeat Balls are best for simply catching the Pokemon. For Imposter Dittos, Love, Heal, and Dream Balls fit it pretty well. Dive Balls and Shiny Ditto are a golden combination though. I use to have one.