• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Pokemon for the Battle Dome

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
I have been trying to take on the battle Dome challenge but unfortunatly i have lost during the 4th time through a couple of times. I believe it may be the pokemon i have with me, so i would really like it if i could have some help with choosing some pokemon for the contest.

pokemon i had in before:
Sceptile-leaf blade,sunnyday,solar beam, thunder punch
Salamance-fly,fire blast,dragonbreath,dragon claw
Raichu- thunder-thunder bolt,iron tail,quick attack

Im think about raising a metagross.

Jaster

Team Magma Captain
Well I dont know a pokemon for you but my team beat the battle dome king twice. I'd say you take the Metagross, keep the salamence, and have a water type or ice.

my Lv. 100 team
Shiftry
Charizard
Salamence

Last edited:
I keep losing 4th time round too I use:
Salamence: Body Slam, Dragonbreath, Fly, Crunch
Manectric: Spark, Howl, Quick Attack, Thunder
Golem: Can't remember, I used to use a Wobuffet but it acidentally grew a level so I had to bring in a replacement.

Nolando VII

I was able to get through those rouns with the following:

Metagross
Meteor mash
Sludge bomb
Psychic
Explosion

Regice
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Anchientpower
Explosion

Flygon
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Toxic

Of course those movesets are really bad so you should use something more like:

Metagross@Lefties (Adamant)
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Sluge bomb
Agility/Explosion (Agility for sweeping)

Salamence@Lum berry (Adamant)
Areal Ace
Earthquake
Rock slide
Dragon dance/brick break (DD for sweeping as well)

Starmie@Brightpowder (Modest)
Thunderbolt
Surf
Psychic
Ice Beam

And later,

For Tucker's silver team a ludicolo like the one below paired with a rain dancer beats all three of his pokes easily

Ludicolo @ Leftovers (Timid)
Ic Beam
Surf
Giga Drain
Leech Seed (replaceable)

The gold team cant hit Shedinja (spelling?) so use him then except I have no idea about a moveset for him anyone care to help?

Last edited:

nevada11

Never forgotten
I get knocked on 8-10.

medaton

I said, Bring It ON!
use a dragon like flygon or salamence, use a steel like scizor or metagross, and use an ice/water like regice or articuno

flygon: crunch, d-claw, fly, dig, leftovers: heals while underground/flying

metagross: psychic, m-mash, e-quake, agility, shellbell: sweep with agility

articuno: icebeam, mindreader, sheercold, fly, quickclaw: m-read, s-cold

salamence: flamehrower, earthquake, d-claw, dragondance, leftovers

scizor: swordsdance, slash, lightscreen, steelwing, scopelens: crithit sweeper

regice: zap cannon, icebeam, superpower, xplosion, quickclaw: power of ice

Turtloopa

Nintendo!
I got the silver luck symbol today.

I used Latias, Ice beam, T-Bolt, Psychic, Recover
Metagross, Take down (>_>),Psychic, E-quake, scary face (i know it sucks)
Machamp: Cross Chop, Revenge, Low Kick, Return

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
Use a choice band Slaking as your first Pokemon, it will OHKO most of the opponent's first Pokemon. The second choice should be either a Pokemon with good defense or one with good special defense(depending on what kind of Pokemon your opponent uses). I'd go with Weezing for defense and Lapras for spD. It's a good stragety for the Battle Dome and helped me to get the symbols.

noobiess

6 different pokemon
smeargle: spore
lock-on
cheer cold
subsistute
@ quick claw

latios: thunderbolt
ice beam
psychic
recover
@ leftovers

blaziken: blaze kick
earthqeacke
brick break
counter
@ salac berry

Shiny Ho-Oh

i was so close to versing the battle dome brain but i lost

My Battle Dome Team:Shiny Kingdra lvl 98, Latias lvl 97, Dragonite lvl 98

Freakshow

Jibaku
Lati@s @ Shell Bell
Trait: Levitate
Forget about the nature!
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Recover

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Trait: TF
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Rest

Metagross @ Choice Band
Trait: Clear Body
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion

I got the gold with:

Heracross@ Choice Band
Jolly
Guts
252 atk and spd
Megahorn
Brick Break
Earthquake
Rock slide

Lapras@ lefties
Modest
Shell Armor
252spatk and speed
Surf
Icebeam
T-bolt
confuse ray

Charizard@ Kings Rock
Hasty
Blaze
252 speed 200 Spatk 50 atk
Rockslide
Overheat
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw

I used Heracross and Lapras against Tucker's Swampert and Metagross.

Devilrose

Super Coordinator
I've only gotten silver medal so far, but when I challenged the Battle Dome I had a Ninjask, Registeel, and Latias. Ninjask I can't remember its moveset, never used it anyway. Didn't use any items either, cause I was just trying it out for kicks and didn't have any items worth giving. They weren't pokemon I actually set up for the Battle Frontier.

Registeel
Curse
Earthquake
Rest
Metal Claw? Brick Break? (Can't remember, was a physical move though.)

Latias
Calm Mind
Recover
Ice Beam
Thunder Bolt

The combination of steel type and dragon type sponges seemed indestructable during my run. With Calm Mind/Recover, Latias absorbed anything special. With Curse, Registeel laughed off anything physical and rested before sweeping. Ran into something Registeel was weak against? Switch to Latias, cause she'd be resistant/immune. Ran into something Latias was weak against? Same deal. Latias could also use CM against both its weaknesses to lessen the damage, and if I had a Soul Dew she would have been an absolute monster that probably could have handled things alone. I don't think either of them were ever KO'd, except maybe Registeel when I finally faced Tucker...can't remember.

Steel + Dragon/Flying or Dragon with Levitate = win. Especially if they can wall. Third pokemon can be Pichu with Growl, Thunder Wave, Thundershock, Charm. Thats about how much it'll matter. Maybe someday I'll actually put some effort into an actual team and going for gold. Probably with Latias and Registeel again. Need a Soul Dew x.x

nevada11

Never forgotten
Use a choice band Slaking as your first Pokemon, it will OHKO most of the opponent's first Pokemon. The second choice should be either a Pokemon with good defense or one with good special defense(depending on what kind of Pokemon your opponent uses). I'd go with Weezing for defense and Lapras for spD. It's a good stragety for the Battle Dome and helped me to get the symbols.

If you're relying on a defensive pokemon after a choice bander like Slaking isn't good. One is enough like Blissey or Regirock and a Special/Physical Sweeper is enough. Usually Special Sweepers like Calm Minders are kicked by physical moves so make a a physical wall/sweeper followed. Either my way or his way should be relatively good.

Freakshow

Jibaku
The combination of steel type and dragon type sponges seemed indestructable during my run. With Calm Mind/Recover, Latias absorbed anything special. With Curse, Registeel laughed off anything physical and rested before sweeping. Ran into something Registeel was weak against? Switch to Latias, cause she'd be resistant/immune. Ran into something Latias was weak against? Same deal. Latias could also use CM against both its weaknesses to lessen the damage, and if I had a Soul Dew she would have been an absolute monster that probably could have handled things alone. I don't think either of them were ever KO'd, except maybe Registeel when I finally faced Tucker...can't remember.
Huge Heracross and Houndoom problems.
And Soul Dew doesn't work in the BF. You can enter it IIRC but it won't have its effects

Last edited:

frontier champion

Recently I kept on using Articuno in all the frontier facilties here is the move set, (trust me if this move set won't work not much else will)

Articuno @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
Nature: Calm
Mind Reader
Sheer Cold
Hyper Beam (or) Steel Wing (I prefer Steel Wing)
Ice Beam (or) blizzard

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
Milotic+metagross+blaziken= victory

Sailor Merury

Butterflys rock!
I'm not sure. But here's what I plan on using:
Milotic
Latias
Shiftry

I easily won with this team

Shiny Swampert@lum berry
Torrent
Adamant
-Earthquake
-Muddy water(accuracy sucks but i like the chance of the effect)
-Iron Tail(Brick Brake is way better but i just like IT better^_^)
-HP Bug

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Immunity(sp?)
Adamant
-Body Slam
-Shadow Ball
-Curse
-Rest

Sceptile @ Scopelens
Overgrow
Rash(breeding for a modest one)
-Leaf Blade
-Thunderpunch
-Dragon Claw
-Detect(for earthquake in double battles)