• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Pokemon generation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
Not just for the new Pokemon, but overall fun you had with that generation of games.

gamer_legend

I'm willing to be this is going to be moved to polls but between you and me...Gen II kept me busy for years. And somehow my Silver's internal battery lasted ALOT longer than my Ruby's.

GreenSweeper

Pokemon = supr srs
Gen 3

I played Emerald for years before finally going out and buying Platinum.

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
Gen three. Fire Red and Emerald, I still play both to this day. <3

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
oh, #3 by far. so much nostalgia...

Arlo

...and so on...
All in all, I'd say that Gen III is my favorite, though I have a hard time playing it now because of the old physical/special type system. The availability of physical and special moves within each type was the best change Pokemon made since Gen II, and since that's only available in Gen IV and Gen V, that's what I play now. I still get out my Emerald from time to time, but I just can't quite get into it.

If/when GF redoes Hoenn with the new system, that'll be my favorite gen.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Gen IV. Love the generation to death But Gen 5 was great as well. Can't really decide. I love them both.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Gen 3 or 5.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Gens 4 and 5 were the best for me, although I did enjoy Gen 3 and have quite the soft spot for Gen 2. The only Gen that I didn't like was Gen 1, mostly because of a little mishap involving Moltres and my inability to ever finish any of the Gen 1 games as a kid. Plus there's the fact that at that time, I thought that the anime was immensely superior to the games.

Oh, how time has changed me. (For the better, of course.)

Last edited:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
You really CAN'T not love Gen 5 in terms of playability. They've just added so much stuff (Triple Battles, Rotation Battles, Join Avenue, The World Tournament, PokeStar Studios, etc) that it's easily the most enjoyable and has the most versatility.

After that, I'll go Gen 2. Why can't more Generations replicate the multi-region experience? Sixteen gyms and two major champions to best? Heck yeah.

Gen 3 and Gen 4 comes down to personal preference, and I just prefer 4. I loved Sinnoh, and I thought every aspect of it (starters, villain team, champion, rival) were superior to Ruby/Sapphire.

Gen 1 was the game-changer and great for nostalgia, but I feel every generation since has vastly improved on its formula.

gliscor&yanmega

Tie between first generation, second generation, third generation, fourth generation, fifth generation, sixth genera-er...I mean...just those five almost blew the secret that I'm from the future and currently playing generation 146.

I enjoyed playing them all when I first started playing them. I'd enjoy fifth generation most if I were to play all of the games at once though, just because it's the most new and updated, if the other generation get the same upgrades as fifth generation then I'd enjoy the other four equally with fifth generation.

So, I don't really have a "best", but fifth generation is maybe just slightly by 0.01% better for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.