• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Pokemon of Misty, Brock, James, and Jessie

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Out of all the companions who have travelled with Ash, I have noticed most of them do not end up with more than six pokemon if even reaching six. Brock and Misty are two who both have over six pokemon in their name, as well as *Clemont.

As I was looking through their pokemon I started thinking about which pokemon they would assemble on a team for their 'best battling' teams. I realized a moment after, serebii users would know better and so I have made ***this thread.

Which pokemon do you think the following reoccuring characters would have on their team if they had access to **all their pokemon they've had:

Misty, Brock, James, and Jessie.

Misty
http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/misty.shtml
My thought: gyrados, politoed, starmie, corsola, psyduck, staryu

Brock
http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/brock.shtml
My thought: sudowoodo, foretress, croagunk, crobat, marshtomp, steelix

Jessie
http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/jessie.shtml
My thought: mimikyu, arbok, swoobat, wobbafet, yanmega, dustox

James
http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/james.shtml
My thought: weezing, victreebel, yamask, inkay, carnivine, amoongus

***I hope this is an okay thread to make.
**I also am not taking into account the one episode temporary pokemon especially for James and Jessie.
*Also I didnt include Clemont as his 7th pokemon would be magnemite which I assume is not better than Magneton.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Misty: Corsola, Psyduck, Gyrados
Brock: Croagunk, Happiny, Steelix
Jessie: Wobbuffet, Dustox, Seviper, Arbok, Mimikyu
James: Mime Jr., Chimecho, Inkay, Weezing

MattySadler

For Misty I'd say it is Gyarados, but it literally just appeared right at the end after she'd stopped travelling with Ash & co, so pre-travelling retirement I'd say its: 1) "bump-on-the-head" Pysduck. 2) Corsola.

Brock I'd say Steelix.

Team Rocket is a bit more tricky as my mind has intentionally blanked out a lot of the horrible, boring, repetitive crap they've been responsible for, but from memory I'd say Seviper and Cacnea, though to be honest I'm really unsure about James's.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Misty: Gyarados and Psyduck
Brock: Steelix and Croagunk
Jessie: Seviper and Yanmega
James: Cacnea and Mime Jr

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
No One is giving a full team of 6 :p thats the hardest part imo! Because the first two are easy to pick imo, but then the last member seems to be the hardest to decide on.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Misty: Gyarados, Corsola, Starmie, Psyduck
Brock: Sudowoodo, Crobat, Steelix, Croagunk
Jessie: Seviper, Wobbuffet, Yanmega
James: Carnivine, Cacnea, Chimecho

johno1995

Decided that narrowing it down to three would be better for me.

Misty: Gyarados, Corsola, Starmie
Brock: Croagunk, Steelix, Forretress
Jessie: Seviper, Dustox, Mimikyu
James: Weezing, Carnivine, Yamask

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Changing James' top two
Cacnea and Mareanie

And Jessie
Seviper and Mimikyu

DatsRight

For Jessie and James, either their Kanto or Kalos duos. Even with how they both dwindled in effectiveness it's hard to put down these guys in how they connected and worked for the two (and inevitably took beating after beating). If I had to choose though, probably the Kalos lot, Inkay and Gourgeist.

Inkay was proactively loyal to James, he went to pick a fight with the evil mastermind Malamar just for what they put his master through (and SAVED THE FREAKING PLANET in the process). He was also a neat combo of both the cuteness and battle-ready packages, the best of both worlds. For most of XY S1 and Kalos Quest he was at least formidable, and even in the decayed XYZ he pretty much curb stomped Pikachu in one legit team battle. He also sticks out as a defining Pokemon for James given he was the ONLY one he had throughout all of Kalos.

Gourgeist played off Jessie perfectly with her own diva like personality and love for the spotlight. She was talented in the showcases, surpassing nearly everyone who wasn't Serena. It has to be notable that Gourgeist helped Jessie achieve a dream, she made her POPULAR at last. Her battle run was about the same as Inkay, only she was the one who usually had the humiliation of being owned by Serena's novice team every episode of XYZ while Inkay at least usually lost to league players Pikachu and Greninja (though oddly Gourgeist could still decimate Clemont's team, poor Bunnelby).

I should probably have added Wobbuffet for Jessie, but at the same time Wobbuffet often feels like Meowth, being a member of Team Rocket in his own right rather than just Jessie's Pokemon. Mimikyu and Mareanie have potential, though it's too early to decide right now (and Mimikyu looks fearfully rebellious and apathetic to Jessie compared to just beating Pikachu).

Last edited:

ZilverLox

Banned
Misty: Gyarados, Corsola, Psyduck
Brock: Croagunk, Sudowoodo, Forretress
Jessie: Seviper, Frillish, Dustox,
James: Carnivine, Amoonguss, Yamask

RedJirachi

Veteran member
With Jessie it's probably Mimikyu, but if she was able to use Wobbuffet to its full potential?

RedJirachi

Veteran member

DatsRight

If they manage to catch Bewear there's no stopping them

Add to that Normalium Z for Meowth's Fury Swipes and just using Wobbuffet properly altogether. There's all the potential to make Team Rocket absolutely deadly this series (though it's not like there wasn't in previous regions...).

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Add to that Normalium Z for Meowth's Fury Swipes and just using Wobbuffet properly altogether. There's all the potential to make Team Rocket absolutely deadly this series (though it's not like there wasn't in previous regions...).

Unfortunately for them the heroes have plot armor. Why else have they never won a battle against them until now?

DatsRight

Unfortunately for them the heroes have plot armor. Why else have they never won a battle against them until now?

Bewear aside, SM at least is downplaying it a teeny bit. As in, more times the twerps have to use brain cells to stop them, and suffer beatdowns when they don't.

It's not as bad say XY, where the heavens would bend reality itself whenever the twerps couldn't win with a single basic attack. :p