1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Best Pokemon of Misty, Brock, James, and Jessie

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by lemoncatpower, Jan 18, 2017.

1. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

Out of all the companions who have travelled with Ash, I have noticed most of them do not end up with more than six pokemon if even reaching six. Brock and Misty are two who both have over six pokemon in their name, as well as *Clemont.

As I was looking through their pokemon I started thinking about which pokemon they would assemble on a team for their 'best battling' teams. I realized a moment after, serebii users would know better and so I have made ***this thread.

Which pokemon do you think the following reoccuring characters would have on their team if they had access to **all their pokemon they've had:

Misty, Brock, James, and Jessie.

Misty
    http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/misty.shtml
    My thought: gyrados, politoed, starmie, corsola, psyduck, staryu

Brock
    http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/brock.shtml
    My thought: sudowoodo, foretress, croagunk, crobat, marshtomp, steelix

Jessie
    http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/jessie.shtml
    My thought: mimikyu, arbok, swoobat, wobbafet, yanmega, dustox

James
    http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/james.shtml
    My thought: weezing, victreebel, yamask, inkay, carnivine, amoongus

***I hope this is an okay thread to make.
    **I also am not taking into account the one episode temporary pokemon especially for James and Jessie.
    *Also I didnt include Clemont as his 7th pokemon would be magnemite which I assume is not better than Magneton.

2. satopi

satopi Go’s Scyther is indestriketible! <3

Misty: Corsola, Psyduck, Gyrados
    Brock: Croagunk, Happiny, Steelix
    Jessie: Wobbuffet, Dustox, Seviper, Arbok, Mimikyu
    James: Mime Jr., Chimecho, Inkay, Weezing

3. MattySadler

MattySadler Well-Known Member

For Misty I'd say it is Gyarados, but it literally just appeared right at the end after she'd stopped travelling with Ash & co, so pre-travelling retirement I'd say its: 1) "bump-on-the-head" Pysduck. 2) Corsola.

Brock I'd say Steelix.

Team Rocket is a bit more tricky as my mind has intentionally blanked out a lot of the horrible, boring, repetitive crap they've been responsible for, but from memory I'd say Seviper and Cacnea, though to be honest I'm really unsure about James's.

4. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Misty: Gyarados and Psyduck
    Brock: Steelix and Croagunk
    Jessie: Seviper and Yanmega
    James: Cacnea and Mime Jr

5. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

No One is giving a full team of 6 :p thats the hardest part imo! Because the first two are easy to pick imo, but then the last member seems to be the hardest to decide on.

6. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Misty: Gyarados, Corsola, Starmie, Psyduck
    Brock: Sudowoodo, Crobat, Steelix, Croagunk
    Jessie: Seviper, Wobbuffet, Yanmega
    James: Carnivine, Cacnea, Chimecho

7. johno1995

johno1995 Well-Known Member

Decided that narrowing it down to three would be better for me.

Misty: Gyarados, Corsola, Starmie
    Brock: Croagunk, Steelix, Forretress
    Jessie: Seviper, Dustox, Mimikyu
    James: Weezing, Carnivine, Yamask

8. Zoruagible

Changing James' top two
    Cacnea and Mareanie

And Jessie
    Seviper and Mimikyu

9. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

For Jessie and James, either their Kanto or Kalos duos. Even with how they both dwindled in effectiveness it's hard to put down these guys in how they connected and worked for the two (and inevitably took beating after beating). If I had to choose though, probably the Kalos lot, Inkay and Gourgeist.

Inkay was proactively loyal to James, he went to pick a fight with the evil mastermind Malamar just for what they put his master through (and SAVED THE FREAKING PLANET in the process). He was also a neat combo of both the cuteness and battle-ready packages, the best of both worlds. For most of XY S1 and Kalos Quest he was at least formidable, and even in the decayed XYZ he pretty much curb stomped Pikachu in one legit team battle. He also sticks out as a defining Pokemon for James given he was the ONLY one he had throughout all of Kalos.

Gourgeist played off Jessie perfectly with her own diva like personality and love for the spotlight. She was talented in the showcases, surpassing nearly everyone who wasn't Serena. It has to be notable that Gourgeist helped Jessie achieve a dream, she made her POPULAR at last. Her battle run was about the same as Inkay, only she was the one who usually had the humiliation of being owned by Serena's novice team every episode of XYZ while Inkay at least usually lost to league players Pikachu and Greninja (though oddly Gourgeist could still decimate Clemont's team, poor Bunnelby).

I should probably have added Wobbuffet for Jessie, but at the same time Wobbuffet often feels like Meowth, being a member of Team Rocket in his own right rather than just Jessie's Pokemon. Mimikyu and Mareanie have potential, though it's too early to decide right now (and Mimikyu looks fearfully rebellious and apathetic to Jessie compared to just beating Pikachu).

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  10. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

But we've only seen Mareanie for one measly episode.

11. ZilverLox

ZilverLox Banned

Misty: Gyarados, Corsola, Psyduck
    Brock: Croagunk, Sudowoodo, Forretress
    Jessie: Seviper, Frillish, Dustox,
    James: Carnivine, Amoonguss, Yamask

12. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

With Jessie it's probably Mimikyu, but if she was able to use Wobbuffet to its full potential?

13. Zoruagible

Done more than his others have. She beat Ash.

14. RedJirachi

If they manage to catch Bewear there's no stopping them

15. DatsRight

Add to that Normalium Z for Meowth's Fury Swipes and just using Wobbuffet properly altogether. There's all the potential to make Team Rocket absolutely deadly this series (though it's not like there wasn't in previous regions...).

16. RedJirachi

Unfortunately for them the heroes have plot armor. Why else have they never won a battle against them until now?

17. Kasumi: Psyduck
    Takeshi: Croagunk
    Musashi: Hesitate between Lickitung and Wobbuffet lol
    Kojiro: Chimecho

18. DatsRight

Bewear aside, SM at least is downplaying it a teeny bit. As in, more times the twerps have to use brain cells to stop them, and suffer beatdowns when they don't.

It's not as bad say XY, where the heavens would bend reality itself whenever the twerps couldn't win with a single basic attack. :p