• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Pokemon Opening? (English)

Best Pokemon Opening

• Total voters
If this has been made before, feel free to close...

What's your favourite Pokemon theme song out of the options above? (I left out Diamond and Pearl... because there would be too many! :D)

Give a reason if you like.

Rave

Banned
~We all live, in a pokemon world~

After all these years, this one is by far, and probably still my most favorite of them all.

I wanna be a hero is pretty much a close second.

And the latest one is 3rd.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
For me its unbeatable. Because its so very catchy

pikakid

jirachi killer
A Whole New World <<< That is the ultimate if you haven't herd it follow this link

VoltTacklingPika

Unbeatable for me, it's very catchy as someone rightly said. Second would be Pokemon World and third would A Whole New World.

Haunter5

"Pokémon!

Every trainer has a choice
To listen to the voice inside.
I know the battle may be long,
Winners may have come and gone -
I will carry on.

Yeah, this dream will last forever,
This dream will never die,
We will rise to meet the challenge every time.
Yeah, this dream keeps us together,
I know that you and I -
We'll be the best that the world's ever seen,
Because we always will follow this dream!

Pokémon!"

Well, my main attraction to the opening was the part with May/Beautifly & Drew/Roselia. It's just so beautiful, and the song is so.. catchy and wonderful. rofl. xD

Last edited:

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends
We all live, in a Pokemon world!!
I liked how they tried to be hip with a bit of rap kind of. LOL

The pokemon johto journeys was given the raw end of the deal. It was right after the origonal opening. You loved the origonal opening. You know all the words. Why change it? It was a sad day.

Cool. I like so many equally that I'm not going to vote. ^^''

The one I like the least is 'The Power In Your Hands" (Battle Frontier) It just didn't have that special something. It has grown on me but I was horrified when I heard it for the first time! O_O

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
The power in your hands is the Battle Frontier one, right? I don't know why, since I watched maybe two Battle Frontier episodes, but that opening has been my favorite since the first time I heard it.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I remember when Johto Adventures was playing on, I'd sing the Jhto theme loudly! "It's a whole new world with adventures! Pokemon Johto! Turututuru!"

Blastizard

The one-and-only 'Gotta catch em all' for me. The one that started it all

Close second, possibly 'We will be hero's' (Battle Dimension) although prefer the full version from the Darkrai movie.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
All like them all. I'm quite fond of the newer ones.(DP's first OP wasn't that bad).

However, I don't really like Pokemon World. It's so annoying. No offence to anyone that likes it.

- Nick 'Salami'

Spicy is my fav
The best by far was the 'Pokemon World' opening, and it was so much cooler listening to the extended version. I got the soundtrack to 'Pokemon 2000' (the movie with Lugia) and on it was an uber remix of the extended version!!! I found the CD covered in dust a few months back, listened to 'Pokemon World' and had a semi-orgasmic moment!!

I liked the Kanto and the Johto songs, although they changed them which ticked me off (by the way, why did they change it from Johto Journies to Johto Championship and then Master Quest WTF!? and why did they change it from Advanced to Advanced Battle to Advanced Challenge??? Why do they change the names in the middle of the season for no reason!???)

My least favourite was the Battle Frontier.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
The answer is clearly a cheesy mish-mash of all of the above:

I wanna be the very best that no one ever was
We all live in a Pokemon world
It's a whole new world we live in (doo doo doo doo doo doo)
Born to be a winner, born to be a champion
No time to question my moves
I wanna be a hero, give me just one chance
We will rise to meet the challenge every time
Oooooh...I'm unbeatable
Be the best you can be and find your destiny
New rivals as you fight for survival
We will be heroes, we can change the world if we try
You'll teach me and I'll teach you
Put myself to the test and be better than all the rest
It's a whole new place with a brand new attitude
Born to be the very best
'Cause all I've got to do is believe in me
And the future will decide if there's a hero buried deep inside
Because we always will follow this dream
Oooooh...I'm undefeatable
If you're strong, you'll survive and you'll keep your dream alive
Nothing can stop you, Diamond and Pearl
Forever friends, you and I

bookist

its a whole new world, its just so catchy and awesome.