• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Quotes in Pokemon Games

Hey everyone

The Pokemon games have had tons of memorable or funny quotes in them over the years. Some of them have even become internet memes. Let's discuss them here.

What quotes stood out to you the most? They might be inspirational/weird/funny/dirty etc...

I'm talking about quotes from the MAIN SERIES GAMES, not spinoffs, by the way.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Watchy Watchog: Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I've always liked that quote from Karen, as overquoted as it may be getting, about how true trainers try to win with their favourites. I like it because I quite like the mindset. Sure, I could go and use the more popular ones, but I enjoy trying out various different Pokemon - after all, there's over 700 of them! And pulling off a win with a Ludicolo-only team for fun on random challenges against passerbyers on PSS is fun too. =)

They're both similar but they're hilarious and weird.

"This pillar... it's so thick!" and "This rocket! So thick!"

Sometimes after you defeat Beauty Jessica in ORAS: (can't remember if if this is exactly how it goes...)
"Oh, fine! Here, take this! I've been keeping this warm with my body heat!"

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
"You only live once"

RBY biker.

When I think about it, a quote I like from ORAS is this from Expert Shelby, I think:
"If you mesh your heart with the hearts of your Pokemon, why, you should be able to achieve great things."

I don't know why I like it.

Kalosian

So long
"N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
- Concordia (B/W)

"Bravo! I feel inspired in my heart! It brings back a memory of that day long ago... I went out to the lake with your father that day... We were attacked by a wild Pokémon. We fended it off, but I don't recall how. It was that desperate. That was my first step as a Trainer. I wonder if the professor is doing well?"
- Palmer (D/P/P)

"People always think the past or the future would be so wonderful. But the great time we're spending with Pokemon is right now!"
- A kid in Floccesy Town (B/W2)

"This dress is comfy and easy to wear..."
- A woman in Humilau City (B/W2)

"Neither my husband nor I have money, so we are hitchhiking on our honeymoon."
- Backpacker Wald in the Battle Subway (B/W+B/W2)

"It's one thing to enjoy leisurely battles, but real battles can be a severe trial. Truly strong Trainers sometimes must be prepared to choose Pokémon that can win rather than their favorite Pokémon."
- An old man in the Battle Resort(?) (OR/AS) - Source

"OK, get a load of this! Throw that misbehaving Klink in the clink!"
"Cofagrigus is so cool! Don't you *cough* agree, Gus?"
"You bought those Fossils from Clay? Did you buy them on Clay-away?"
- Elesa (B/W2, Memory Link)

There's probably more but these are the ones I could think of right now.

Luthor

the obvious one is "This is my grandson. He's been your rival since you were a baby. …Erm, what is his name again? "

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
"It's one thing to enjoy leisurely battles, but real battles can be a severe trial. Truly strong Trainers sometimes must be prepared to choose Pokémon that can win rather than their favorite Pokémon."
- An old man in the Battle Resort(?) (OR/AS) - Source

The one in the ORAS resort is just too glorious to ignore. I always hated Karen speech since gen 2 as people always said mewtwo was their favorite and they would use him regardless of how broken it could be, then it became an anti smogon chorus as well as an excuse to use of stuff shamelessly or accuse you of being an antifungal smogon nazi for using pivots or doing proper team building that covered and made their favorite pokemon unable to sweep.

It's nice to see GF putting a quote for those that sometimes think of using something for its battle capabilities instead of being their shinny waifu or a totally cool legend, or worse a banned non legend with the potential to destroy the non uber metagame like MegaMence, favorite... Suuuuure.

Vern

Why not both?
The one in the ORAS resort is just too glorious to ignore. I always hated Karen speech since gen 2 as people always said mewtwo was their favorite and they would use him regardless of how broken it could be, then it became an anti smogon chorus as well as an excuse to use of stuff shamelessly or accuse you of being an antifungal smogon nazi for using pivots or doing proper team building that covered and made their favorite pokemon unable to sweep.

It's nice to see GF putting a quote for those that sometimes think of using something for its battle capabilities instead of being their shinny waifu or a totally cool legend, or worse a banned non legend with the potential to destroy the non uber metagame like MegaMence, favorite... Suuuuure.

What a coincidence that people liked the broken pokemon. I hate the Karen speech too, but only because it's so clichéd. Well, it applies to me, because I use NU pokemon in OU and damned if you can stop me.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I have a whole Word Doc full of these, no lie...Haha..

Some of my favorites.

Marshal
"There is no single strongest Pokémon or sole best combination... That's why it is difficult to keep winning. However, I think a heart that desires strength and strives to grow stronger is a precious ideal. That is why I respect you--because you have these things."

"Listen. Even if you lose in battle, if you surpass what you've done before, you have bested yourself."

Cheren
"I made it where I am because Pokémon were by my side. Perhaps we need to think about why Pokémon help us not in terms of Pokémon and Trainers but as a relationship between living beings."

"Even if hurt, my Pokémon will fight for me with just one command. I think you’ll value and trust your Pokémon more if you keep that fact close to your heart."

Drayden
"It is not the passage of time that causes Pokémon and people to age. When the energy that flows in their heart dries up, that's when they get old. The heart's energy is powered by truth, ideals or maybe dreams... No doubt it changes depending on what you most hope for in life."

Drake
“In their natural state, Pokémon are wild living things. They are free. At times, they hinder us. At times, they help us. For us to battle alongside Pokémon as partners, do you know what it takes? Do you know what is needed?
If you don’t, you will never prevail over me!"

"You deserve every credit for coming this far as a Pokémon Trainer. You do seem to know what is needed. Yes, what a Trainer needs is a true and virtuous heart. It is through their contact with Trainers that Pokémon learn right from wrong. The influence of their Trainers’ good hearts helps them grow strong! Go! Go onward! The Champion is waiting!"

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
This is a good one from Clair!

"It contains Dragon Breath. No it doesn't have to do with my breath!"

"I like feisty kids like you" -Sailor in S.S Anne

"Haha! This gym is GREAT! It's full of WOMEN!" - Creepy old man in Celadon City

"Shut your mouth! Shut up! Shut up! Shut UP! Don't talk like a person, you FREAK!" - Ghetsis to N in B2W2

The last one still makes me laugh

Ascended Dialga

"Where did you come from? Yes or no?" - Kid in Pacifidlog Town (RSE, ORAS)

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
"Shut your mouth! Shut up! Shut up! Shut UP! Don't talk like a person, you FREAK!" - Ghetsis to N in B2W2
When was that? X3

Anyhow, I can't remember exactly how it goes, but Wulfric saying that he battles because it's fun rather than for deep philosophical reasons springs to mind.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
"How can this be?! I am the creator of Team Plasma! I'm perfect! I'm the absolute ruler who will change the world! And I've lost to some unknown Trainer not once, but TWICE?!" - Ghetsis in BW2 after you have defeated him.

"The Pokemon here are all so chunky! There should a pink one with a floral pattern." - Picnicker Carol
Find this to be amusing after Munna was released.

Also enjoyed the quote from an NPC on Hoenn's Cycling Road commenting on you riding on one of Rydel's bicycles, can't recall how it goes however.

Last edited:

Silmiss

Dream Trainer
This quote is from the anime, but I can't resist...
"Hey, I know! I'll use my frying pan... as a drying pan!" ~Brock
As for In-game..
"I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!" ~Youngster

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
"It's dangerous to go alone, take this!".....wait

In all seriousness, I have no favorite quotes from the games, but I like the quote from Mewtwo in the anime movie where he talks about the meaning of life. That was actually my Senior quote.