• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best regional saga ending?

Which one?

• Kanto

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • OI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johto

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • BF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Unova (DA was pretty much just an expansion, and it was just a trip back home)

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Kalos

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
IMO, either johto or kalos, kalos just felt conclusive for most characters, and it would've been perfect had ash won the league tbh, while "johto photo finish"-"hoenn alone" really nailed the "new beginning" theme they wanted to go with.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Memories are Made of Bliss imo. it was the last episode that "original Ash" appeared in before getting replaced by the too big/weird looking eyes Ash from BW/XY. It was the last series that felt connected to the other past series by having a more consistent continuity with them and it was pretty emotional as well. Imo that would have been the best and very last chance to write Ash off, which didn't happen unfortunately.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I only saw the Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos endings, but I'll go with Kalos because since I only watched it fully so I got to know more about the Kalos companions.

I was also looking forward about Serena's Hoenn adventure, but it didn't happened. :(

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I went with Sinnoh. I felt really emotional on their goodbyes but I did like that DA left with a great Kanto comeback with so many references form the past and tons of Ash's Pokémon (but the companions' goodbyes were terrible.) I did like that the main characters took down the TRio without the need of their Pokémon which serves as one of my favorite scenes to date in the entire anime. XY's last episode was pretty good because it concluded everyone's stories beautifully. Hoenn's last episode helped with coming to realize that their bonds are still there despite the distant and saying goodbye but it doesn't mean goodbye forever. Kanto/Johto (It was probably Kanto...?) where everyone's goodbyes were heartfelt. I thank Misty and Brock for helping Ash on his journey and being there for him as not just friends but mentors and a guide in life.

Last edited:

oshawott7

cat burgler
I'm going with Johto just because the whole thing with Misty was well done and the most emotional out of them all imo. Maybe it's just because that was the first time we had a companion leave for good or maybe because I've loved Ash x Misty since I was little, but I still really like it.

Although my true favorite goodbye is the one between May and Drew (and Harley) for being the sweetest and most heartwarming thing ever!

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Sinnoh is no 1, kalos is close second. Johto ending is overhyped. Brock came back after 3-4 episodes,and english dub 4kids again spiced it up like always.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Kalos for me. It had a bit of everything, with some emotional moments, but a very optimistic and hopeful tone for everyone's future.Also being a Serena fan, this episode was brilliant.. It also gave conclusions to everyone in the cast, such as seeing Sawyer with Steven, Alain and Mairin, etc. The flashbacks Ash had during the flight really gave the sense that he had so many memorable moments, and lastly, even if I have no idea what they meant with it, the 'And to our own way', there's something very mysterious and unique about it, compared to the usual "Next time a new beginning".

Second is the Johto ending. It was a very emotional moment as a kid, seeing the OG gang split up, and Ash's reaction really showed how much Brock and Misty meant to him.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Kalos for me. It had a bit of everything, with some emotional moments, but a very optimistic and hopeful tone for everyone's future.Also being a Serena fan, this episode was brilliant.. It also gave conclusions to everyone in the cast, such as seeing Sawyer with Steven, Alain and Mairin, etc. The flashbacks Ash had during the flight really gave the sense that he had so many memorable moments, and lastly, even if I have no idea what they meant with it, the 'And to our own way', there's something very mysterious and unique about it, compared to the usual "Next time a new beginning".

Second is the Johto ending. It was a very emotional moment as a kid, seeing the OG gang split up, and Ash's reaction really showed how much Brock and Misty meant to him.
It simply means every character followed their own path. That phrase can be found in Blast of Tempest's ending. I guess it's referring to Ash, Serena and the siblings.

Evanibble

Gonna go with Kalos here, although Sinnoh is a close second.

XY was my favorite series in the Pokemon anime, and the final episode did everything I had hoped it would. It was a natural ending for the series, and a few episodes in the making, too.

What I liked most about Sinnoh was the bit where Ash watched Cynthia vs. Flint (and the parallels to his own Infernape) and most importantly the Brock send-off. That one hit me in the gut, since he was a non-Ash main character for nearly 660 episodes. That was a big deal, I think.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I want to say the Kalos ending but it slightly bothered me how each character was written off in their departures. Ash pretty much left for no reason and didn’t know where he was going until he got a free vacation back home in Kanto, they tried to change Serena’s goal from being Kalos Queen to “making people smile” in the last 3 episodes to force her into Contests and Bonnie and Clemont pretty much just stayed home along with them rehashing Piplup’s scene with Dedenne and Max’s with Bonnie just more dramatic. So it’s a close second due to beautiful animation + closure to all the characters + the scene recap at the end but I still preferred Memories are Made of Bliss.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Kalos' ending is one of my top 5 episodes ever I think. Sinnoh and OS were brilliant as well but they were more sad, while Kalos was more bitterweet

Kalos > Sinnoh > OS/Johto

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I want to say the Kalos ending but it slightly bothered me how each character was written off in their departures. Ash pretty much left for no reason and didn’t know where he was going until he got a free vacation back home in Kanto,
He did the same after Sinnoh by going on vacation in Isshu with his mother. He wasn't going to stay there so we all figured he'll spend time with his mom until he found something he wants to do.

SinnohEevee

Memories are Made of Bliss was a good ending to a good series. Not only that, but it was the end of a consistent continuity where Ash had a consistent development.

Navin

MALDREAD
The Kalos finale was 10/10, and for a self-contained series like XY, it was very well done.

That being said:

Memories are Made of Bliss imo. it was the last episode that "original Ash" appeared in before getting replaced by the too big/weird looking eyes Ash from BW/XY. It was the last series that felt connected to the other past series by having a more consistent continuity with them and it was pretty emotional as well. Imo that would have been the best and very last chance to write Ash off, which didn't happen unfortunately.

Memories are Made of Bliss was a good ending to a good series. Not only that, but it was the end of a consistent continuity where Ash had a consistent development.

This. Sinnoh's ending gets elevated in retrospect simply because it feels like the end of the 'continuity era' of Ash. IMO, the anime just hasn't been the same since. BW/XY/SM, even if there is some continuity here and there, feel disjointed and unconnected to each other unlike how OS-DP felt. This is why I voted Sinnoh (it was already a great ending).

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm a big fan of BF's finale since it managed to set up Satoshi's departure to Shinou while giving Haruka and Masato a decent farewell, and it also gave us Shigeru's return. Everything was handled right in that episode.

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Johto for me, I remember I was crying when Misty and Brock left.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Sinnoh for me! It was the first time we’d be having a complete fresh start with no Pokémon other than Pikachu joining Ash and not appearing for a long time (I mean Kanto to Sinnoh Pokemon, since only Pikachu and Meowth appeared throughout series 1 of BW, aside from Koffing right at the end).

So we had no old Pokémon appearing after it for a while and then also a complete fresh start for Ash, as he wasn’t being joined by a previous companion. It really set up both Dawn and Brock leaving but it made them feel like a solid unit at the same time, especially that scene after watching Flint and Cynthia fight, and all 3 of them promise to continue on with their dreams. It was heartfelt and emotional, and no Pokémon episode has left me feeling that pumped since it, for me it was the end of the Pokémon series that I loved and then this new current series came in, it was never quite the same.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Sinnoh actually felt like it was the ending of an era. Every ending afterwards came to feel just meh because it didn't have the weight behind it.