• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Released Dream World Pokemon

What Pokemon has most significantly changed the game because of its DW ability?

• Drizzle Politoed

Votes: 64 28.6%
  • Magic Bounce Espeon

Votes: 21 9.4%
  • Multiscale Dragonite

Votes: 31 13.8%
  • Speed Boost Blaziken

Votes: 46 20.5%
  • Drought Ninetales

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Chlorophyll Venusaur

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Hydration Vaporeon

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Poison Heal Gliscor

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Magic Guard Alakazam

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Insomnia Delibird

Votes: 25 11.2%

• Total voters

Soperman

The One and Only
In 3rd place comes Espeon and it's Magic Bounce.....Actually no Venusaur comes in 3rd not Espy.Toxic Heal,Multiscale and Magic Guard just made 3 already good pokemons alot better without making them broken.Hydration changed Vaporeon as much as Insomnia helped Delibird...it's nice but it's that nice.....
Espeon was out-classed by almost every other Psychic type because of its poor move-pool. Magic Bounce made it special.
Also, Hydration is a ton better than Insomnia. Insomnia was just redundant; Hydration gave Vaporeon a reliable healing in the rain, which is everywhere now. Not only that, but it can't be paralyzed or toxic-stalled or whatever. It's really good, and it sets Vaporeon apart from Jellicent.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
225.png

10. Insomnia Delibird

Do I even need to explain this one? I was saving the best for last. He might not look like much, but Delibird is secretly one of the most devastating sweepers-cross-walls-cross-supporters in the game. I mean, giving him Insomnia? Over Vital Spirit? That's the very definition of sleeper OP (no pun intended). I don't even know why I made a poll, honestly; you know you're going to vote for this guy, right?

haha, I didn't even know about this until now. Why does Gamefreak troll, why? Two abilities that do... the same thing.

Anyway I like your order, though I would rank Dragonite and its Multiscale above Espeon. Espeon is good don't get me wrong, but it can't be compeletly relied on to either get up hazards, or keep them away like using the hazard moves / rapid spin themselves. Also besides keeping hazards out, Espeon does not serve much of a strong role. A CM Passing set could be useful though, not having to worry about status and such.

Vandslaux

Obviously Blaziken is the best DW pokemon listed, seeing as he's the only Uber listed.

Gray™

Espeon was out-classed by almost every other Psychic type because of its poor move-pool. Magic Bounce made it special.
Also, Hydration is a ton better than Insomnia. Insomnia was just redundant; Hydration gave Vaporeon a reliable healing in the rain, which is everywhere now. Not only that, but it can't be paralyzed or toxic-stalled or whatever. It's really good, and it sets Vaporeon apart from Jellicent.

What I meant was.Although Hydration helped Vaporeon it didn't improve it that much.Specially because it relies so much on Rain and because of it's typing it just adds two more common weakness(Grass and Electric).I still think that Clorophil helped Venusaur more than Magic Bounce on Espeon.

noosh

My top three choices:

3. Multiscale Dragonite
2. Drizzle Politoed
1. Speed Boost Blaziken

Speed boost is freakin' ridiculous, especially on something with such monstrous attack stats. A ban to OU tier based on one ability change makes it a no brainer that it's the most improved thanks to DW

Also, Moxie Salamance is a really notable mention as well... except that just takes him from already great to even better offensively.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
Drizzle Ptoed imo. (Would vote Blaziken but it's ubers so I don't care much lol)
But Tangrowth, Slowbro, Salamence, Gyarados and Gastrodon deserve mentions.

BGP_

Assuming we're including ubers, definitely speed boost blaziken. There's a reason why he went to ubers, while the others didn't. However, i'm going to assume changing the game will stick to the B/W OU metagame, so then i'd say politoed

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Assuming we're including ubers, definitely speed boost blaziken. There's a reason why he went to ubers, while the others didn't. However, i'm going to assume changing the game will stick to the B/W OU metagame, so then i'd say politoed

UU > OU > Uber
NU > RU > UU > OU.

So yeah, Politoed/Ninetails. Though, Politoed more because of it's viability.

NickrossxD

Battle Me!!!
I love Gliscor w/ Poison Heal. It's just perfect for toxic-ing the opponent and stalling them out with Substitute and Protect.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
With that in mind, anyone else giggle at what EgoRaptor said when chosing starters in the Game Grumps' Emerald version let's play?

Patri25

My favourite pokemon of the dream world are: Dragonite(multiscale), Lucario(justifed) and Blaziken(Speed Boost).

5221A

Politaod and Ninetails made the biggest impact on the metagame, but my fave is Dnite, toxic heal gliscor

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
Multiscale Dragonite is the best :3