• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Released Dream World Pokemon

What Pokemon has most significantly changed the game because of its DW ability?

• Drizzle Politoed

Votes: 64 28.6%
  • Magic Bounce Espeon

Votes: 21 9.4%
  • Multiscale Dragonite

Votes: 31 13.8%
  • Speed Boost Blaziken

Votes: 46 20.5%
  • Drought Ninetales

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Chlorophyll Venusaur

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Hydration Vaporeon

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Poison Heal Gliscor

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Magic Guard Alakazam

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Insomnia Delibird

Votes: 25 11.2%

• Total voters

Klaus™

Banned
with the release of b/w2, i believe several key pokemon should be included, 2 very important ones:

imposter ditto
and shadow tag gothitelle

along with regenerator ho-oh, and multiscale lugia,

Eh, I'll go with Drizzle Toed. I know Politoed hasn't been great these past four Gens, at least they gave it a good ability to it.
Whereas Blaziken, was Smogon aware that it was overpowered in the OU metagame?

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Whereas Blaziken, was Smogon aware that it was overpowered in the OU metagame?
After some rounds of testing, yes. Same goes for their Dream World OU metagame where all Dream World abilities are available alongside egg moves and tutors.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Man, Hydration Vaporeon gets no love.

As not-metagame-big-or-important Vaporeon is, it still maintains a humongous niche in Rain as either going two ways: A ridiculously Bulky Special tank that gets an auto-Refresh every turn in Rain as well as free 99% recovery or a surprisingly strong Tank that can abuse the hell out of Life Orb + Rest. The biggest detriment to all of this is the very small existing number of Rain stall teams that require it. Based off of August statistics, the metagame is split in half in terms of Stalliness, so Rain stall makes up around 10% of the metagame, and most of the denizens on the Rain Stall are Poli/Tenta/Ferro/Bliss/Glis/Filler. Vaporeon has to compete heavily for that one spot on the team. While it is bulky, it can't take Spec Meteors all day, so Blissey/Jirachi still stands. Tentacruel has too many benefits over Vaporeon, as Tentacruel can take Toxics, set up hazards, spin, and recover 12.5% every turn in rain, whereas Vaporeon just takes status and not wall much.

Why am I arguing with myself? Friggin' 1 A.M.

Oh, and Flareon should get Kudos, too, for finally getting Guts. Although it's still crap and Guts is still a crap way to boost your Attack, it still fires off pretty strong Superpowers and gives Fire Fang more bite (no pun intended).

carrot rust

Consumed by Trust
Dumah (Gothitelle) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Protect
- Taunt
- Torment

It hasn't affected any metagames yet, but soon this thing shall make make all stall pokemon with only one move (ferrothron,skarmory, countless UU and RU pokemon) die of struggle while it simply mocks them, and make choiced pokes using Hidden Power or close combat break down in tears. It almost certainly breaks UU, even though its crap in RU, because it can destroy things like most snorlax, and the common CM/rest/sleeptalk/scald suicune. It's only weakness is that torment works differentally on pokemon showdown than on Pokemon Online(it still kills them, but you actually have to use protect). And naturally it kills the common scarf heracross/terrakion.

GC7

This War Is Ours!
Even though Drought Tales and DrizzleToed have become very famous for their weather abilities, I'd have to say that my favorite one would be Magic Bounce Espeon, Sending back any entry hazards or status attacks is just plain Awesome :)

Ferrin

Easily Lost
ditto and ninetales. sunny day makes fire type moves more power this will help so much,they're weak compared to arcanine.straightaway solar beams for water,rock,and ground types that have the advantage

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
For the Battle Subway and PWT: Truant Durant.
1) Use Entrainment.
2) Switch out to a Baton Passer like Smeargle.
3) Set up Shift Gear or Quiver Dance or any set up move you have while using Protect on the attacking turns of Truant.
4) Use Substitute when the opponent can't move then Protect next turn
5) Baton Pass to the Sweeper of your choice.

The only Lead Pokemon for the Leaders and Champions that has anything to counter Entrainment Durant is Brock's Onix with Protect in the Kanto Leaders Tournament but even with that, unless he uses it every other turn, you got nothing to worry about (It's only attacking move is Sand Tomb). Plus the AI is stupid enough to not switch out when it gets Truant.
I've never used it before but I really do want to try it out.

Tithi

I personally think Regen Torn-T deserves a mention. Although it isn't used in every team it still has changed the way BW2 OU Players make there rain teams and others as well.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
pokemon dont have to be ou to be good. drizzletoed gets my vote.

High28s

If we are counting ubers then it is speed boost blaziken.

If not then it's politoed. I don't see how anyone could say anything other than this tbh

Psycho Cut

Not understanding all the votes for Speed Boost Blazekin. I presume we're on about OU here, so I can't see how it effected things. Basically, it was soon identified as too powerful and was banned pretty quickly, so Blazekin went from being seen not much in OU, because it was UU, to not being seen in OU, because it was Uber. Not much of an impact, if you ask me.

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
Dragonite, but Regenerator Slowbro deserves a mention.

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
Hmm... Tough decision!!!

Umm... Delibird is awesome with that Insomnia Ability!

But IMO Charizard with Solar Power is the best. ^_^ Despite the fact you lose HP, it's truly devastating in the Sun and with STAB!